autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proper Pressure Washer set up with Foam Cannon

I love my Troy-Bilt gas 3k Pressure washer with the Honda engine. It rocks and I didn't need a single extra adapter to make the MTM work, with the quick release end it comes with the MTM just snapped in place and away I went foaming!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Mustang5.0 View Post
    I love my Troy-Bilt gas 3k Pressure washer with the Honda engine. It rocks and I didn't need a single extra adapter to make the MTM work, with the quick release end it comes with the MTM just snapped in place and away I went foaming!!
    FINALLY... I believe there's an ultra-easy and cheap way with just TWO small adapters/parts to make the AR Blue 383 work with the MTM Hydro Foam Cannon flawlessly! Going to try it today!

Check out the solution here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tml#post694614
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressDetail View Post

The tips that come with this washer are great. They the strongest one is still very mild. So yes I rely on the tips for pressure.
    ExpressDetail thank you for such a detailed first post. I see the merits of the foam cannon but am undecided about the pressure washer. Not the brand but if one is really necessary. I see many detailers just using a garden hose attached to the foam cannon. I'm guessing it can save time. Can you provide me some insight? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

The one that connects to the water hose is different thats a foam gun. It makes suds not not foam
    Autogeek Quart Foamaster Foam Gun FREE BONUS

The foam cannon needs a pressure washer. This one makes more foam you can get it as thick as shaving cream with the right soaps and adjustments.
    Autogeek Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer

Both of them are good

Post Thanks / Like

I've played with various amounts of DP xtreme foam wash and settled on an amount that produces a "sticking foam" that hangs on the vehicle for a while. IMO , the lambo foam was thin and watery. Maybe I'm using too much product????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Mustang5.0 View Post
    Well you are using gas. I do not like the loud banging of a gas pressure washer nor do I care for 3k worth of pressure. I have a generator that I use while doing airplanes and the occasional mobile job. I absolutely hate the GGGGGGGKKKKKKGGHHHKKKKKKKKKKKKK of the generator much less adding a gas generator to the mix. Not mention some people are limited on space for there mobile set up thus adding a gas pressure washer and a generator is a lot of space.

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    ExpressDetail thank you for such a detailed first post. I see the merits of the foam cannon but am undecided about the pressure washer. Not the brand but if one is really necessary. I see many detailers just using a garden hose attached to the foam cannon. I'm guessing it can save time. Can you provide me some insight? Thanks.
    I have had both. I would by far recommend the pressure washer set up over the garden hose set up. You use way less water with a pressure washer. Being I use excessive water this helps out a lot. The use of a pressure washer seems to far better than the garden hose set up. Sometime I wonder how I ever got away with the garden hose set up. I have been though multiple hose set ups over the years and would highly recommend the one listed. I still have some improvements but will definitely be built off this core set up listed.

Quote Originally Posted by washnwax View Post
    I've played with various amounts of DP xtreme foam wash and settled on an amount that produces a "sticking foam" that hangs on the vehicle for a while. IMO , the lambo foam was thin and watery. Maybe I'm using too much product????
    It is up to your preference etc. I believe that you do want some stick. But also the right amount of water means less foam but also helps maintain the car cooler as well as creates the right balance of lubrication.So ultimately yes I think to much stick is bad.

You are right about finding the correct mixture. Also note I am using Iron X snow foam which you can but again I prefer not to dilute do to the fact it attacks Iron. If you add water this will only start the chemical reaction before it even gets close to hiting the vehicle where this particular reaction should take place.

Post Thanks / Like

ExpressDetail again thanks. Yea I agree your set up looks sweet. After more research I did come up with that answer. I'm leaning towards getting a set up like yours. Why recreate the wheel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    ExpressDetail again thanks. Yea I agree your set up looks sweet. After more research I did come up with that answer. I'm leaning towards getting a set up like yours. Why recreate the wheel?
    Because if no one would re-invent the wheel, we'd still be stuck with this:

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to home depot and bought this upgrade but can't seem to find some of the parts...any help would be appreciated

last one on the right

and this one

Post Thanks / Like

I went through this whole pressure washer thing last week. Even posted about it. Check it out, might help. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...wels-clay.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast