autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do You Guys Wear Masks?

So...I get very random thoughts all the time...and after working with the Meg's MF system over the weekend, I started thinking about the dusting that I was seeing with this system. I started thinking about wearing a mask when I am performing paint correction.

While doing some searching on this forum about another random thought I had (wearing a back brace while detailing), I came across this thread....its an old one, but I wanted to rekindle it. I am going to be picking up some 3M particle masks that were recommended by the OP from this thread...
    Caution about dusting

So back to my question...who here wears masks while doing paint corrections?
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do You Guys Wear Masks?

I wear a mask when I'm doing certain things. But correction is not one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Only time I do is when I'm using wheel acid. I'm sure there are other times I should, but I don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Rarely I do, ear protection is also something you should consider especially if using a DA .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Very Rarely I do, ear protection is also something you should consider especially if using a DA .
    I've never wore ear protection, and even at 26 I'm regretting it now. I can say for sure I can't hear as well now as I could when I was 16.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I need to get some ear protection as well. When I was a teenager, and I had my POS Ford Probe, I was one of those wanna be cool guys that drove around with the trunk thumping. I still have ringing in my ear. Its not as bad as it was then, but I regret it to this day.
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to you guys for mentioning the hearing protection, loud bars and weddings are just as bad though.

I have only played with my MF pads a little bit, but other than some loose fibers coming off I didn't consider it dusty, and I thought one of the key features of the system was that it didn't dust?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Kudos to you guys for mentioning the hearing protection, loud bars and weddings are just as bad though.

I have only played with my MF pads a little bit, but other than some loose fibers coming off I didn't consider it dusty, and I thought one of the key features of the system was that it didn't dust?
    I know right...I took advantage of ALOT of things as a teenager...my lungs-smoked since freshman year in high school. I quit 3 years ago-its been the hardest thing I've ever done in life. I still think about smoking almost every day. My hearing-had a very loud system in the car.

As far as the dusting goes...thats what I thought too but yeah...it dusted.
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    I know right...I took advantage of ALOT of things as a teenager...my lungs-smoked since freshman year in high school. I quit 3 years ago-its been the hardest thing I've ever done in life. I still think about smoking almost every day. My hearing-had a very loud system in the car.

As far as the dusting goes...thats what I thought too but yeah...it dusted.
    I smoked for 5 years and quite two years ago now. I still have a cigar ever once in a while, but not very often. The only time I really miss it is when I'm sitting at a bar drinking. BUT since you can't smoke in bars here anymore it's not that bad. Congrats on staying smoke free for so long!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    I smoked for 5 years and quite two years ago now. I still have a cigar ever once in a while, but not very often. The only time I really miss it is when I'm sitting at a bar drinking. BUT since you can't smoke in barshere anymore it's not that bad. Congrats on staying smoke free for so long!

Congrats to you as well man. Anytime a kid asks me to buy him cigarettes I say no. I wish I had better role models when I was younger. I will be honest and say that most of the times I think about smoking I miss it. But that only lasts a few minutes. And yeah...you're right...you gotta go to the moon to have a square now-a-days. And when I quit, I also quit drinking as much. I tried to minmize alot of my associations with smoking. Only recently I've had a cigar a few times. I have one more at the house that I plan on smoking but I think I'm calling it quits after that. I've had more and more urges to smoke a cigar now.
    Alex

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast