autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

please forgive a stupid girl,,,lol

but im new to all of this
    i want to baby my new car,,,,and keep her clean
    is auto bell ok?keep in mind,,,i dont know a lot about this,,,lol
    my bosss reccomened it
    i have a 2012 hyundai accent,,,if it matters in light blue
    i have had it for a few days and its DIRTY already,,so she needs a bath badly
    also...do i need a car cover?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: please forgive a stupid girl,,,lol

Did a quick web search and it appears it a a tunnel wash place using the dreaded brushes. I would stay away.... But here at Ag we will all most likely say to get your own product and do a proper 2 bucket wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Stay away from Autobell I have witness and fixed a lot of problems from their washes. Where are you located? I would suggest reading on here and other forums and maybe find a local to help show you first hand how to care for the vehicle

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

im in charlotte nc
    i dont wanna do at home because we have a dirty/gravel driveway and anyway my landlord realllyyy doesnt want us doing it at home
    i was thinking of taking it somwhere or a mobile cleaning service

Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek has several product lines that are reasonably priced that will give you awesome results: Detailers Pro Series, Poorboy's World, Collinite, Meguiar's, Duragloss, Ultima, and a couple others. With that in mind, forum member dad07 is located in Charlotte. My advice would be to send him a PM (follow the link, click on Contact Info, and then click on "send a private message to dad07") and see if he would be willing and able to give you a hand. I think you will find that Autogeek forum members are pretty willing and eager to help out a fellow forum member in distress.

By the way, to Autogeek Online!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by alisonwonderlan View Post
    im in charlotte nc
    i dont wanna do at home because we have a dirty/gravel driveway and anyway my landlord realllyyy doesnt want us doing it at home
    i was thinking of taking it somwhere or a mobile cleaning service

It's great to see you excited about your new car to first research the topic of car care and then take action. Most people just take action and if they make a mistake, then they do research.

Quick question...

Is the car parked outside all the time? As in, at work and at home? Or do you have a garage or a carport?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Autogeek has several product lines that are reasonably priced that will give you awesome results: Detailers Pro Series, Poorboy's World, Collinite, Meguiar's, Duragloss, Ultima, and a couple others. With that in mind, forum member dad07 is located in Charlotte. My advice would be to send him a PM (follow the link, click on Contact Info, and then click on "send a private message to dad07") and see if he would be willing and able to give you a hand. I think you will find that Autogeek forum members are pretty willing and eager to help out a fellow forum member in distress.

By the way, to Autogeek Online!
    thanks so much

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    It's great to see you excited about your new car to first research the topic of car care and then take action. Most people just take action and if they make a mistake, then they do research.

Quick question...

Is the car parked outside all the time? As in, at work and at home? Or do you have a garage or a carport?

im a research it to death nerd,,,lol
    i do several searches,,,compare findings and to with a trusted review,,,i do this for purchases,,vacations...anything im spending my very hard earned dollar on

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

Quick question...

forgot to add
    yes,,,,car is parked outside and UNDER a tree at all times
    no other choice
    this is a bird poop and sap happy tree,,,,grrrrr

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by alisonwonderlan View Post
    forgot to add
    yes,,,,car is parked outside and UNDER a tree at all times
    no other choice
    this is a bird poop and sap happy tree,,,,grrrrr

Okay, so a brand new car that will be exposed to the outdoors all the time. This helps us to give you some recommendations...

Considering that it's not an option to wash your car at home, (easily), and going to any kind of commercial wash is a recipe for swirls being inflicted into the paint. See this article,

Scratch your car for $5.00

And you want to avoid car washes with brushes...

Tunnel Car Wash Brush Scratches

If it's in your budget, here would be your best option...

Hire a mobile detailer to wash your car for you at your place of work. Do some research and find a mobile detailer with a good reputation and interview them about how they will wash your car. The best and the brightest detailers hang out on discussion forums like this one so they know how to carefully wash a car without scratching it or getting water spots in the paint. You might be able to find a mobile detailer on this forum in your area that will do this for you.

We had a couple of mobile detailers come by Meguiar's once a week and wash all of management's cars and here at Autogeek, at least one of the office employees has a mobile detailer wash their car on a regular basis.

As long as the person doing the work is doing a professional quality job it's a good option to keep your car clean without having to do the work yourself.

Prices are usually affordable, we're talking probably around the $25.00 to $30.00 range and they usually do a few extra things like dress the tires, clean the windows, etc.

Besides that your other two safe options are,

• Use a Waterless Wash and become proficient and wiping your car clean and maintaining all your microfiber towels for this process.

• Using a touchless was and then waxing and dressing any trim yourself at your home.

The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer

Touchless car washes will tend to use cleaning chemicals strong enough to remove roadgrime off neglected cars and this means they'll tend to remove any previously applied wax or paint sealant.

Another option would be to apply a coating or pay someone to apply a coating as these won't wear off, or at least wear off as fast as a wax or paint sealant and then use a waterless wash or a touchless car wash.

3-Categories: Waxes, Paint Sealants and Coatings

Lots of options... hope I haven't overwhelmed you...

This thread is on-topic also...

How to maintain a freshly waxed car

How long will brand x car wax or paint sealant last?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast