autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Durable wax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Durable wax

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Interesting...
    I attempted to get a video of it.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xI2NZLmJT4]Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 in my sink - YouTube[/video]
    This is about a week after it ended up on my sink. The water is being pushed off the hazy patch that ended up being applied to my sink after I placed a hand-polishing pad face down in the sink and pushed down on it to attempt to squeeze the sealant out.

The sealant lasted for about 10 days and it slowly shrunk in size and disappeared almost completely over the 11th and 12th day.

But it was hit with Dawn A LOT because I am a clean freak and wash my hands a lot. Also it was hit with Ketchup, Mayo, and spaghetti sauce and all kinds of food.

Post Thanks / Like

To the OP, Where are you located in regards to a sample of 845. IF in SoCal I can give you enough to do a car with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prophizee View Post
    Hey gentlemen sorry for not responding to my own topic been a little busy but after tons of research I think Collinite is what i am leaning towards seems that most people here concur that will be able to stand the elements. I have one final question and I hate to ask this but does anyone have any samples of the collinite... I would greatly appreciate so I know i choose wisely before dropping some more money on products. Mind you i am not looking for freebie at all more then willing to pay for a sample. Once again thank you gentlemen for all the fantastic advice. This is why autogeek forum is the best i have ever been on you guys are always so friendly and so helpful I really am
    grateful thank you
    Prophizee

Collinite is very inexpensive. So do not sweat it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Prophizee:

There are a lot of products you can use that will be durable for an outside vehicle's paint. Whatever you use, it has to be something you like to use, that is easy to use for your inclinations (how much or little time you wish to spend waxing the vehicle, how often, etc.). Most paste waxes are going to work great in inclement weather. Some synthetic liquid waxes have UV protectants.

Whatever you choose to use, you will have to reapply it once a year, or more often if you wish. So that means if you prepare the paint first (with detailing/ overspray clay, take out small scratches, discoloration, etc) and then apply any paste wax, even if it costs only $2.50 a can, you can have good protection for at least 6 months.

It is the other care you have to deal with periodically that will make or break the longevity of your finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post
    Hi, Prophizee:

There are a lot of products you can use that will be durable for an outside vehicle's paint. Whatever you use, it has to be something you like to use, that is easy to use for your inclinations (how much or little time you wish to spend waxing the vehicle, how often, etc.). Most paste waxes are going to work great in inclement weather. Some synthetic liquid waxes have UV protectants.

Whatever you choose to use, you will have to reapply it once a year, or more often if you wish. So that means if you prepare the paint first (with detailing/ overspray clay, take out small scratches, discoloration, etc) and then apply any paste wax, even if it costs only $2.50 a can, you can have good protection for at least 6 months.

It is the other care you have to deal with periodically that will make or break the longevity of your finish.

Well actually I have two cars the Nissan rogue and 2011 m3 coupe. The coupe is hardly driven but whenever I do take it out for an entire weekend, if the weather is suitable I clean for about 3 days doing little bits here and there so all together I would probally spend about 8-12 hours doing what I have to do... This car is garage kept. The rogue is a different story since I drive everyday I cant really use a wax polish or glaze that requires a curing time because the car is always going some where. So that where the problem comes in. On the rogue i want something that is easy and will only take maybe three hours to finish up. On m3 I use only wolfgang megs and mothers products. But on rogue I have experimenting with many different products and it just doesn't seem to hold the wax that long and it just gets really frustrating. Im kind of a clean freak when it comes to cars lol. But just to clarify I love detailing my cars it actually relaxes me and gets me very focused at the same time. Also it gets me away from everyone so I get enjoy my babies one on one and get some alone time. Idk if that made any sense..... By the way I live in jersey but thanks for the offer any way I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see a $2.50/can wax last for 6 months. Hell there are $100/can waxes that don't last that long...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    I would love to see a $2.50/can wax last for 6 months. Hell there are $100/can waxes that don't last that long...

I would love to see a "$2.50 can of wax" period!

Fussman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post

I'll say it again since my last post disappeared, I would like to know what world you living in.

Post Thanks / Like

WTH, my post changed too....

Post Thanks / Like

There are "$2.50" cans of wax, and yes they do last up to 12 months. No, I don't sell any of them, but I have purchased the cheapest paste waxes out there and used them first on something like my Kubota tractor, to test it, then on one of my cars, my trailer or one of my motorcycles. On cars I leave outdoors year round, it has not made any difference if I put Kit wax, Turtle Wax, Mequiar's, 3M Show Car Wax, Klasse, etc. They all last about the same time with the paste waxes lasting the longest.

I have actually seen the most longevity from Johnson's Paste Wax, which you find in the soap and polish section of your grocery store. But it is too hard to rub out on an entire car to suit me. (and I am pretty sure it costs less than $3.00)
    Take it easy. There are no big deals in life.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast