autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's "Best of Show" opinion?

Prior to discovering the AG forum, I did some online shopping, looking for some premium car care products and grabbed a few items from Griot’s. I found some of their stuff, like their Speed Shine QD to be superb. One of my other goals was to find a “beauty wax”, a product to use on my El Camino when I really wanted to boost the gloss for a show or cruise. Recently, I have been using Meguiars’ NXT, M16 & M26, Optimum Wax and Collinite 845. I’ve tried a panel or two with the “Best of Show” and wasn’t all that impressed. Are my eyes missing something? The subject vehicle is a burgundy single-stage paint. I’ve never heard this product mentioned here, so has anyone else tried it? Thanks in advance for any info.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's "Best of Show" opinion?

Hi Bill. I've only used 'Best of Show" on one occasion--at an indoor car show. Looked very nice. For more in-depth info on any Griot's garage products may I suggest:
    The Performance Auto Spa (just outside Columbus, Ohio), this forum's member rakkvet (Tim) place of business.
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I use Best of Show regularly and find it a great product. I used another brand wax prior (one of the big boys) and found the Best of Show superior.

The only issue I find with Best of Show, though this is common with many quality carnauba waxes, is that if you put it on too thick it will smear and be tough to get off. I learned to follow its directions of using it sparingly and it goes a long ways.

Use it correctly and it gives a foot deep wet look to the car's finish. Like any wax it might look better on certain colors than others. I give Best of Show two thumbs up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I use Best of Show regularly and find it a great product. I used another brand wax prior (one of the big boys) and found the Best of Show superior.

The only issue I find with Best of Show, though this is common with many quality carnauba waxes, is that if you put it on too thick it will smear and be tough to get off. I learned to follow its directions of using it sparingly and it goes a long ways.

Use it correctly and it gives a foot deep wet look to the car's finish. Like any wax it might look better on certain colors than others. I give Best of Show two thumbs up.
    I agree. I rarely use it however, because there are waxes that give similar depth with less hassle. The BOS really cakes on the paint if you get it too thick.

Pinnacle Signature Series II is great to work with and gives a fantastic result. I often layer it over Wolfgang Deep Gloss PAint SEalant 3.0.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

I to enjoy the deep gloss Best of Show provides

As has been stated though, if you applie it to thick, its a real booger bear to remove
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should add if you do apply too thick, use QD to wet it down and it will remove more easily.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

Am with the others...actually switched over to the Best of Show but was frustrated at first. Other waxes seem easier to use--but did not last near as long. Once clayed properly, I was simply using too much. I was about ready to quite, when in a detail clinic [and in talking to a Griots tech] that I was too generous with their product.

Backed off, applied less, and have great results. I also buff out with several clean MF's and use some Speed Shine as I go, and it pops proper. Lasts also, which is why I like it. I do out of fairness, as with other previous waxes, use a sacrifice barrier , but BoS wax takes the winters well. One other thing: the companion Spray on Wax is really very good over against the quickie detailers out there...and lasts by my humble "home tests" a bit longer than the Megs Quick Wax which I liked as well. Good luck----cut back on the amount...go back over it with another 2nd verrrry light coat, after curing up for a couple of hours if you like, and bring up the shine.