autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a new AIO

Post Thanks / Like

Need a new AIO

I know that there was just a thread about this, but he wanted one for light polishing done by hand. I am looking for one for just the opposite reason. One for a car with really heavy scratches, and done with a machine. I have the GG one but not a super big fan of it. Basicly want to use if for cars that are older and just abused and never polished in it's ten years of life.
    Kelly Davis
    Maximum Mobile Detailing
    www.maximummd.com

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a new AIO

There is no AIO thats going to take care of a vehicle with heavy scratches. Just like there is no one step that will take care of it either. Poliseal is nice, and it will put a dent in it while leaving some protection, but don't expect it to correct a lot of damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo Juice Need for Speed Cleaner Wax is a very under-rated product...well maybe not under-rated, but definitely not as popular as it should be.

As the above poster said, you aren't going to get much (if any) correction when using an AIO by hand.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

I know that an AIO won't take out heavy scratches. I am just wondering if someone know of an AIO that has a heavier polish in it. I have heard a lot of good things about Poliseal though.
    Kelly Davis
    Maximum Mobile Detailing
    www.maximummd.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumMD View Post
    I know that an AIO won't take out heavy scratches. I am just wondering if someone know of an AIO that has a heavier polish in it. I have heard a lot of good things about Poliseal though.
    mix 106ff or SIP and DG501 in a 4 oz bottle....I use 1 oz of 106ff or SIP and rest 501....use a white pad speed 4-5 pc 3-4 on flex.
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered a glaze to minimize the scratches you can't get out hand-polishing?
    It iss an extra step, but an application of something like Poorboy's Black Hole (or White Diamond) didn't take me long and had a noticeable effect on my DD.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to give Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream a try. It's generally recognized as having more cut than most other AIOs out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    mix 106ff or SIP and DG501 in a 4 oz bottle....I use 1 oz of 106ff or SIP and rest 501....use a white pad speed 4-5 pc 3-4 on flex.
    Mixing polish?! Now that's creative Does it work really that good? I think I might have to try it
    Kelly Davis
    Maximum Mobile Detailing
    www.maximummd.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    You might want to give Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream a try. It's generally recognized as having more cut than most other AIOs out there.
    Meguiar's D151 would be my recommendation as well.

This combined with a yellow Lake Country pad will give you the most cut. Progressively changing pads; yellow, orange, green, white, will reduce the cut giving you a finer finish.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Meguiar's D151 would be my recommendation as well.

This combined with a yellow Lake Country pad will give you the most cut. Progressively changing pads; yellow, orange, green, white, will reduce the cut giving you a finer finish.
    D151 is great, and that would be my recommendation as well as the changing of pads. Or just use the Kevin Brown Method.
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.