autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Where can I buy Danase Swirl Abolisher I?

I have been looking around lately to try and find somewhere that sells the Danase products, since it seems that they are no longer in business. I have been able to locate a few places that sell the Wet Glaze 2.0 and Swirl Abolisher II, but nowhere that sells Swirl Abolisher I. Knowing this, I wish I'd have stocked up on them while I could. It was a pretty good polsih and really easy to use on my vehicles. Does anyone happen to know of anwhere that I could buy the Swirl Abolisher I?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where can I buy Danase Swirl Abolisher I?

My guess would be to call Chemical Guys and ask them which product they now offer that is the same as the one you are seeking.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    My guess would be to call Chemical Guys and ask them which product they now offer that is the same as the one you are seeking.
    I though some of Poorboys Products were relabled or based off of Chemical Guys products, not the Danase products

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05RLS2 View Post
    I though some of Poorboys Products were relabled or based off of Chemical Guys products, not the Danase products
    People say the same about Adam's too. Pockets stated that Poorboy's stuff is not Chemical Guys. DB has a lot of posts about Danase products being CG's.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

I think I remember reading that Bob didn't deny some of his products being made by CG or Warner Chem. But they had his own tweaks to formulation. Other than that I don't think its available anywhere.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

To the OP, I would search somewhere outside of this site. Since the store doesn't carry that line of products posting a link to where you could purchase it would be against the site rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Russecu View Post
    I think I remember reading that Bob didn't deny some of his products being made by CG or Warner Chem. But they had his own tweaks to formulation. Other than that I don't think its available anywhere.
    Yes, I think a couple were just totally relabeled, but most were tweaked and changed in some way.

As far as PB goes, I'm 100% sure that they aren't CG relabeles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    People say the same about Adam's too. Pockets stated that Poorboy's stuff is not Chemical Guys. DB has a lot of posts about Danase products being CG's.
    Several years ago I spoke to Adam Pitale about this and he's assured me that Adams products are their own formula.

My personal opinion: I think most products have a base formulation and different ingredients and added or subtracted, after some testing of course, to create "a unique" product for that particular customer.

How different are some of these products? Their formulations are probably closer than you'd might think.

My opinion of course, something I am an expert on!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Several years ago I spoke to Adam Pitale about this and he's assured me that Adams products are their own formula.

My personal opinion: I think most products have a base formulation and different ingredients and added or subtracted, after some testing of course, to create "a unique" product for that particular customer.

How different are some of these products? Their formulations are probably closer than you'd might think.

My opinion of course, something I am an expert on!
    This is what I think every time I see people wondering if they should use DP, Pinnacle, or Wolfgang....how different can they really be?

For instance MaxWax works exactly like Souveran with better durability. Only differenct I can tell is the smell and texture...I'm sure it's like when Goodyear makes cheap tires for Costco. They are still goodyear tires, just targeted to a different customer.

Post Thanks / Like

I think, when talking about max wax, sigII and souveran there is a different gloss level to each one. I'm sure the ingredients are very close but sig II has more gloss and glow than max wax and souveran has them both beat. Spicy has a good point because I would guess that the more gloss and glow the less durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, this is an old argument...are the store-brand peas different than the Green Giant? Are they made in the same plant? Are the store-brand ones the Green Giant rejects?

All I know is the store brand ones I can't eat in the sun, but the Green Giant ones I can...go figure...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast