autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Yet Angry, but in need of help!!!

How's it going ppl? Once again, Im in need of some help. Im currently in the process of detailing a black vehicle with HEAVY SWIRLS. I've thrown everything in my bag at them with little to no success. Im currently using the last of swirl remover purchased from a local vendor and am completely fed up with its productivity. I initally started out with the P.c. (trying to be least aggressive) and quickly switched over to the high-speed, Not too much better. Im confident that my techniques and pad combination are correct. Being that I am new to this forum and products as well, I need some input on what will work. Alot of my work is done mobile and I was leaning toward the poorboys brand because of its ablilty to work in some sunlight, however, im open to any and all suggestions. WHAT DO YOU USE??? help me out ppl...

P.s... Im not only looking for a good aggressive swirl remover but also a moderate remover too. And a good polish for the Moblie Detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not Yet Angry, but in need of help!!!

What kind of car are you working on?

Post Thanks / Like

Please tell us what you are presently using
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

While AG doesn't sell it, GTechniq P1 is pretty awesome stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

The vehicle is an 04 vette, the product I was using is sold by a local company, I believe the brand name is "First-Class"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ALLN1WASH View Post
    The vehicle is an 04 vette

You need to talk to Dana (Asphalt Rocket), I'll PM you with the info.

Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq P1 can be used in sun, if it starts to dry, spritz on a tiny amount of water.

Post Thanks / Like

I would personally go with m105, m205 and menzerna SIP. 105 is great for the tough stuff, Sip is a great medium duty swirl remover and 205 is a great polish. All of them finish down really well. That is just from my personal experience so far.

Jon
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ALLN1WASH View Post
    How's it going ppl? Once again, Im in need of some help. Im currently in the process of detailing a black vehicle with HEAVY SWIRLS. I've thrown everything in my bag at them with little to no success. Im currently using the last of swirl remover purchased from a local vendor and am completely fed up with its productivity. I initally started out with the P.c. (trying to be least aggressive) and quickly switched over to the high-speed, Not too much better. Im confident that my techniques and pad combination are correct. Being that I am new to this forum and products as well, I need some input on what will work. Alot of my work is done mobile and I was leaning toward the poorboys brand because of its ablilty to work in some sunlight, however, im open to any and all suggestions. WHAT DO YOU USE??? help me out ppl...

P.s... Im not only looking for a good aggressive swirl remover but also a moderate remover too. And a good polish for the Moblie Detailer.
    I'm not a pro and only use a PCXP. I don't have experience with PB polishes either. The most aggressive compound that I have used is M105. It has done wonders with only a 5.5" orange flat pad for me. Megs ultimate compound has also worked well for me with just the PC. I used the UC when WG TSR couldn't remove water spots from an Audi A4.

Here is a table of the compounds and polishes available from AG. It doesn't have the complete list of products but is a very good place to start.

Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart

Some of the guys that I respect like the Menz compounds and polishes more than anything else. That might be a good place to start (and you might end up stopping there too). I'm going to guess that they would recommend this: Menzerna Power Gloss Compound S34A Below is the Menzerna polish chart.

Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, menzerna compound,

I have a bottle of Opt Hyper Spray Compound that I still need to try. It supposedly works well with a rotary with good cut. Check out Mike Phillips' video tapes on the product.

With what kind of paint are you struggling?

Good luck!

Edit: Now I see you are struggling with Vette paint. Bobby G and Killerwheels seem to like the Menzerna polishes and both have vettes if I am not mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

While Poorboy's polishes are nice in that they do work very well in the sun, they have nothing for corvette paint corrections. I used Poorboy's almost exclusively for 2 years and have used and worked through the learning curve with all of their products. I use M-105 and M-205 for just about everything that I do now. Reason for the switch is mainly to save time. You might be able to pick up a bottle of M-105 in the auto body section at Advance Auto Parts. They have it here in Central PA at least.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast