autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Single Stage Paint

I have a burgandy single stage paint truck that I am goibng to detail next week. It has oxidation but I guess it is mild because I rubbed a spot with my fingers and it seemed to help but that was probrably the oils on my fingers. Would it be better to use a chemical cleaner (AIO or DG 101) or to use Poli seal, Optimum Polish, or Optimum Compound? I was thinking of trying Justins combo of 25% OC and 75% Poli-seal. What ya'll use or suggest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Since we're on the subject, can someone explain to me what a single stage paint job is?

Post Thanks / Like
    What I understand it is just the colored paint. Your truck is dual stage. Color then clear coat paint on that. Single stage is just the first coat. I believe thay are different paints though chemically. Not sure on that. Single stage when you are polishing the pad will turn the color of the paint. Clearcoated vehicle will not turn the pad the color of the paint. Of course thats the clear part of the paint. I am sure someone will chime in and describe it in more detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    OC, AIO, DG#101, all will work! Have not tried Justins combo yet. The deere had single stage paint and the ford had clear coat.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ead.php?t=2540

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ead.php?t=2256

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sparkie This is a Ford so maybe it is oxidized clear too. Its an '89 model we will see. I think I will try the DG 105 First. If it single stange I am gonna put some glaze on it maybe Meg. #7 to help the look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    Since we're on the subject, can someone explain to me what a single stage paint job is?
    No clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Russecu
    I have a burgandy single stage paint truck that I am goibng to detail next week. It has oxidation but I guess it is mild because I rubbed a spot with my fingers and it seemed to help but that was probrably the oils on my fingers. Would it be better to use a chemical cleaner (AIO or DG 101) or to use Poli seal, Optimum Polish, or Optimum Compound? I was thinking of trying Justins combo of 25% OC and 75% Poli-seal. What ya'll use or suggest?
    I would go with OC on an orange pad to take care of the swirls AND oxidation. You could apply 101 afterwards to seal it I think its better to top 101 as well, Id top with aquawax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I was planning on using 101 then maybe 105. DG's numbers get confusing lol I was also debating on Meg. 16 or Collinite to get it through the winter. I was able to find 2 tins of 16 yesterday at a local Parts shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Oxidized clear, I would go with PBssr3 or OC then DG#101 and top with DG#105.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Oxidized clear, I would go with PBssr3 or OC then DG#101 and top with DG#105.
    I was thinking OC then DG 101.
    I am going to wash and clay Monday and Tues Polish and protect. I will get a pic Mon as a b4. Then I can ask WWJD.