autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which is the most ideal drying towel?

Quote Originally Posted by clearview View Post
    I know were talking towels here but for the sake of it, does anyone still use the absorber?
    i do. while i use 16x24 guzzlers for anything where correction has been performed and the car is carefully maintained, i use an absorber for cars where correction isn't done but once a year or something, like my wife's car, or my montero. basically just to get the water off so it doesn't spot. i've found no evidence of it marring the finish over my guzzlers, but i keep my guzzlers pristine and it makes no sense to use them on a car that might not be as clean as a carefully maintained vehicle, IMO.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Too lazy to read all 3 pages, buy the paint squegees available to make whatever towel (lint free) you're using all the more effective. I squeege off most of the water, hit the surface with a "quick/spray on wax" and dry the surface with a microfiber all at once. So far the results have been fantastic in the least amount of time. I have the California Jelly Blade...Anyone else use this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Too lazy to read all 3 pages, buy the paint squegees available to make whatever towel (lint free) you're using all the more effective. I squeege off most of the water, hit the surface with a "quick/spray on wax" and dry the surface with a microfiber all at once. So far the results have been fantastic in the least amount of time. I have the California Jelly Blade...Anyone else use this?
    Umm you may want to reconsider using that blade after watching this.

Warning this video will be painful to watch

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=El Guapo;357132]Too lazy to read all 3 pages, buy the paint squegees available to make whatever towel (lint free) you're using all the more effective. I squeege off most of the water, hit the surface with a "quick/spray on wax" and dry the surface with a microfiber all at once. So far the results have been fantastic in the least amount of time. I have the California Jelly Blade...Anyone else use this?[/QUOTE

My paint is much to important to me!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post, man! Great video. Yet there are still other factors to consider like none of the cars had any "quick/spray on waxes" applied after their aggitation methods. I did take my newer ride to the automatic wash and used the foam brush on it only to see the most horrid swirls! I wanted to slit my wrists and hang myself; however, after doing wash jobs at home and finishing off with my spray waxes, I beg to differ. Nothing but gloss and beading action. Oh well, to each his own and if you leave a waterblade in a filhty bucket, how could you expect any other results? The narrator said some thing like the least amount of grit in the blade will cause pounds of damage...well duh. Clean your blade thoroughly!!! Thanks again for the awesome video! Why aren't there more American shows like this? Don't we pride ourselves on being motorists too?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post, man! Great video. Yet there are still other factors to consider like none of the cars had any "quick/spray on waxes" applied after their aggitation methods. I did take my newer ride to the automatic wash and used the foam brush on it only to see the most horrid swirls! I wanted to slit my wrists and hang myself; however, after doing wash jobs at home and finishing off with my spray waxes, I beg to differ. Nothing but gloss and beading action. Oh well, to each his own and if you leave a waterblade in a filhty bucket, how could you expect any other results? Thanks again for the awesome video! Why aren't there more American shows like this? Don't we pride ourselves on being motorists more so than the rest of the world?
    There isn't a spray wax in the world that would cover up any of the damage that was caused by those washes so I don't see your point.

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you have replicated the same test with "spray waxes" to formulate such a conclusion, am I wrong? Let's see your results right here...

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you have replicated the same test with "spray waxes" to formulate such a conclusion, am I wrong? Let's see your results right here...
    Maybe I am misunderstanding you? Are you saying that a "spray wax" will fill in the damage left by the car washes in the video I posted?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you are wrong, no need to replicate, experience dictates...
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

I just use plain 'ol Leather Chamois, it doesn't lint, it is very flexible, it wrings out easily but the coolest part is that it turns into a solid form of whatever shape you dried it in lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast