autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: long term durability study: Megs cleaner wax with Collinite 476s VS. Zaino ZAIO with Z3

three months later:
    3/9 in 2010, after chinese new year vocation, I back to Taipei, another hard semester, and still raining!
    also, this car has been regular washing for once or twice with turtle car wash per month, if there were tough tain or dirt...like bird drops, additional costco all purpose cleaner would be first aid.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPKUSczL2pc]YouTube - 20100309record: three months later[/video]

20100403trunk panel beading/ sheeting comparison: FK1000p
    the trunk panel had detailed with FK1000p hi-temp wax one month before. Just for reference, no comment.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqSD4SNTCbw]YouTube - trunk panel beading/ sheeting comparison: FK1000p[/video]

four months later
    20100423record: four months later, as far as good! driver side, zaino z3
    after 4 mnths, I had took video records of both side, both of them were still beaded! but unfortunately, the two taugh wax/sealant CANNOT resist bird drops!
    both sides of front panel had left drops etchings! God!!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CE8NldG5c]YouTube - 20100423record: four months later, as far as good! driver side, zaino z3[/video]

20100423record: right isde, collinite 476s
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW-w7WvWbM0]YouTube - 20100423record: right isde, collinite 476s[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: long term durability study: Megs cleaner wax with Collinite 476s VS. Zaino ZAIO with Z3

Looks like both are alive and well, thanks for staying faithful and continuing the updates! I would have probably lost my mind and applied more wax halfway through haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thanks for the update
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christian900se View Post
    Looks like both are alive and well, thanks for staying faithful and continuing the updates! I would have probably lost my mind and applied more wax halfway through haha.
    hahaha

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting thread....indeed !! Thanks for sharing..

Quick question though - 476 is supposed to be "almost" a sealant and from what I've read, wax goes over sealant and not the other way - sealant over wax. But here 476 seems to have been applied over Megs cleaner wax...

What am I missing....isn't that a no no??

Post Thanks / Like

Bump...bump

Anybody care to answer? I have both Megs cleaner wax and 476 and I would want to go this way instead of just 476 this memorial day weekend if 476 over Megs cleaner wax is going to work/recommended.

Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by gandblah View Post
    Very interesting thread....indeed !! Thanks for sharing..

Quick question though - 476 is supposed to be "almost" a sealant and from what I've read, wax goes over sealant and not the other way - sealant over wax. But here 476 seems to have been applied over Megs cleaner wax...

What am I missing....isn't that a no no??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gandblah View Post
    Bump...bump

Anybody care to answer? I have both Megs cleaner wax and 476 and I would want to go this way instead of just 476 this memorial day weekend if 476 over Megs cleaner wax is going to work/recommended.

Thanks in advance...
    476 is still a wax. It behaves like a sealant but it's a wax so is fine for applying over pre existing wax.
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    476 is still a wax. It behaves like a sealant but it's a wax so is fine for applying over pre existing wax.
    Thanks, Matt!

the reason why I use the Meg cleaner wax before 476s is surface preparation.
    optimal pre-treated paint surface is a crutial factor,which influences the following wax performance.
    and that,meg cleaner wax is the "only one" product contain cleaning conponents I has...so, for compatition with Zaino....I choose it!

finally, the conclusion of this study will show on next month...
    thanks for everyone's responses

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by gandbla

Bump...bump

Anybody care to answer?
    Lots of people use a cleaner/wax as their paint cleaner, the fact that a quality cleaner/wax will also leave behind some protection is a bonus and your topper will build off the results already achieved...

Quote Originally Posted by gandbla
    I have both Megs cleaner wax and 476 and I would want to go this way instead of just 476 this memorial day weekend if 476 over Megs cleaner wax is going to work/recommended.

Thanks in advance...
    You won't have any bonding issues and this will be a great 2-step approach.

Quote Originally Posted by sugicalwu View Post
    the reason why I use the Meg cleaner wax before 476s is surface preparation.
    Common practice...

Another common and popular combination is Klasse AIO, a cleaner/sealant, followed by Klasse SG, a non-cleaning sealant.

People will use the AIO as a cleaner and then lay down the SG as their Topper.

Post Thanks / Like

Folks
    Thanks a ton for the clarification..........I think Ive found my process and protection combo.

Every Few Months
    ----------------------
    Bug and Tar Spray -> Rinse -> 2 Bucket Wash with Sheepskin (Optimum Shampoo)-> Clay (Mothers) -> ONR -> Dry (Guzzler) -> Megs Cleaner Wax -> 476

Maintenance
    ----------------------
    Rinse -> 2 Bucket Wash with Sheepskin (PB Shampoo with Wax) or ONR -> Dry (Guzzler) -> DG Aquawax

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sugicalwu - can't wait for your conclusion !!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast