autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: long term durability study: Megs cleaner wax with Collinite 476s VS. Zaino ZAIO with Z3

------2010/01/28----------
    one month later, Taipei is still raining in most days of January,
    however, the beading of each sides of hood are still very well.

-----2010/02/16---------
    2 months later, the Chinese New Year holidays was during 2/13~2/21,
    but the weather was still bad, raining, cold, cloudy in most areas of Taiwan!
    I took a video under unwashed condition when I back to Kaohsiung, south part of Taiwan.
    we can see the drops sheeting performance were as good as one month before, although the beads were not round and tiny, but remember, it's under the rain!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-0-xcQN6Gs]YouTube - longterm study collinite 476s VS. Zaino Z3 durability, two months later[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: long term durability study: Megs cleaner wax with Collinite 476s VS. Zaino ZAIO with Z3

Thanks for the update and good to see that both sides are still holding up.

Mike Phillips

After you insert a picture... hit your [ENTER] a few times and this will forcer the next picture UNDER the previous pictures, otherwise it creates a very wide screen for most browsers to display.

As for testing?

Love these tests, they don't ever seem to mean much at the end of the day however as most enthusiasts polish and wax their car often enough that it doesn't matter how long anything lasts.

The beauty aspect starts to fall off faster then the bonding aspect of any long lasting products so the way you restore that is to.... apply a fresh coat!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, these test mean a lot to me, but only because I detail my relatives' cars. I need something durable on their cars. My cars, on the other hand, get a fresh coat every month. I can freely state this because I know none of my relatives frequent the detailing forums!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strokin04 View Post
    Thanks for the update and good to see that both sides are still holding up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    After you insert a picture... hit your [ENTER] a few times and this will forcer the next picture UNDER the previous pictures, otherwise it creates a very wide screen for most browsers to display.

As for testing?

Love these tests, they don't ever seem to mean much at the end of the day however as most enthusiasts polish and wax their car often enough that it doesn't matter how long anything lasts.

The beauty aspect starts to fall off faster then the bonding aspect of any long lasting products so the way you restore that is to.... apply a fresh coat!

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    Actually, these test mean a lot to me, but only because I detail my relatives' cars. I need something durable on their cars. My cars, on the other hand, get a fresh coat every month. I can freely state this because I know none of my relatives frequent the detailing forums!
    I'm very appreciated with your response and suggestions, of course! the purpose of this study is to recording the durability performances of the two famous waxs, I thnik it's the most important point to a daily driver!
    And to another aspect, for a car enthusiast, even a little deficiency is not allowed...
    although the hood of my lovely car is suffered with some swirls, and I am feel bad, but, for the accuracy and conscientious, I will still keep recording the performance up to June, 2010!
    cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

awesome update.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow..talk about commitment. Great job with sharing this with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Agreed, but sometimes if you know you're not going to have the time to either re-seal or even wash the car for an extended period of time, you need to choose something really durable so you can be sure of some protection for the whole time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
    As for testing?

Thats why for me as long as I can get 3-4 months out of something I"m good,during the warmer months I'm going to as stated above"apply a fresh coat"and or boost it with some spray wax after washing.Doing a study seems to take the fun away,jus seems that in between all that time one could apply a fresh coat and bead or sheet like crazy,while keeping a wet shine, if thats whats important to you.But thats jus me we all have our preferences and priorities

However I have to give it to you,that was pretty good
    Last edited by mackdaddyhibble; 03-02-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: add

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mackdaddyhibble View Post
    However I have to give it to you,that was pretty good
    Not sure what happened with the code in your post but I fixed your code so I'm quoted correctly. Remember, you can tweak you code by switching to "Editor Mode", that's the little button that looks like this above the Smilies.

See this thread,

How to use the "Editor Mode" to break a single quoted message up into smaller quoted sections

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast