autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it the product used or color of paint??

I had detailed my dark red car about a month ago. I had put 5 coats of Invisible glass on it, I then found this site and started to order products like my life depended on it. Anyway, I then put a coat of P21 cleaner on it followed by a coat of the P21s wax. It came out better then I have ever seen one of my cars look!! I then ordered more product and last week did the following. I have a dark grey truck. I used Klasse AIO then put 3 coats of the Klasse sealant on it. I let the sealant cure for 24 hours. I then put on a coat of the P21s wax. It looks good, real shiny but not the same look I have with the red car. I have noticed a few scratches on the red car that I want to get rid of so I bought more product. My thoughts are to start with Poor Boys 2.5 then #1` followed by AIO then use the Klasse sealant, maybe 2-3 coats and then top it off with Souveran wax.
    Why do you think my car turned out better then my truck?? Do I have my ducks in a row as far as what I plan on using to redo my car?? Thank YOU!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse AIO is super easy to work with. Klasse SG is a finicky product there are a lot of places to go wrong with it. Anything from too much product to too little cure time between coats.

When it comes to a persons worth, money is a lousy way to keep score.
    - GH

Post Thanks / Like
    Your ducks definitely look like they are lined up properly. But you are right that some paint colors look better with certain combos. That is what drives us all crazy looking for that elusive "perfect combo" for our cars. lol Add to that the differences in paint between vehicle makes/models plus the qualities the paint has (metallic, pearl, etc) and the mania gets even worse! lol One thing I can tell you that will be the same for ALL vehicles regardless of make/model or type of paint is that you must properly prep the paint before you use any kind of wax or sealant. claying, removing oxidation/swirls etc. Once this has been done and the surface properly prepped then you can experiment to see which combos work best for each type of paint. Souveran looks really good on dark colored and red cars. Wolfgang sealant looks amazing on metallics and pearl paints. In my humble opinion the trick is to just have fun. Enjoy the time you spend bonding with your car and playing with the different products to find what results works the best for you. And if you do find that "perfect combo" stick with it and just post some pics so the rest of us can drool with you!! Take care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I hear you. I guess I was confused when the red car came out like it did and the truck, which I just purchased disappointed me. Before I saw what my red car looked like I would have been more then happy with the truck. But once you see what could be you get spoiled..Pronto!

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of paint does the truck have? Is it just grey or does it have mettalic or pearl flakes as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    reds, blacks, and yellows are going to look the best because they typically are very reflective. Metallics mute coloring and reflective a bit as they actually refract light. On grey, some reflection and good gloss is what you are typically going to notice most.

look at the reflections in the black glass (rear) and how it transfers to grey metallic paint. See hood thats a nice reflection of palm trees on metallic. Then look at the gloss and pop ...

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    5 coats of invisible glass? stoners invisible glass? im really confused...its a glass cleaner that you dont apply in coats...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    5 coats of invisible glass? stoners invisible glass? im really confused...its a glass cleaner that you dont apply in coats...
    One of my Grand National buddies swore by Windex .... used ONLY it on his car for years. Then theres a guy on the Corvetteforum who only uses Pledge on his show car. Maybe we are missing something !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    well i will say it is good to clean the car but why coat it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Liquid Glass maybe in the black can?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast