autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New to this board

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I apologize if this seems long but I have a couple of questions (my head hurts from all the info on this site)...

Anyway, I have a 2006 Mustang GT Conv, Black and I am looking for tips and such on proper detailing. I currently use Zaino products, I just ordered a couple of the Poorboys Swirl Removers (SSR1 and SSR2.5) and I also have a PC 7424. I have been reading about Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax and I am almost ready to order some of this, but I am looking for advice/input....
    Does Souveran make that much of a difference, will I get a wetter/brighter looking surface than with Zaino?
    If so, what do you recommend I buy?..The Souveran Shine Kit?

Thanks for any input....

Post Thanks / Like
    Souveran paste is simply one of the best looking carnuabas on the block, period !! That said it will not offer the durability of Z. Which Z are you using ?? If its the older stuff, than their is an appreciable difference. If it is the new Pro lines then it is less noticable as they now offer alot of gloss and less of the plastic look.

I would highly suggest the kit you mentioned if deciding to move to Pinnacle. You will use it more often (waxing about every 4 weeks) but using Crystal Mist between waxing keeps the POP. I do think you will notice the depth in the product. Look for the 15% couponcode (MADMAX) to save some $$.

Hope to see you around more, and I think you will like the bunch. It is much more like an extended family here and most truly have little agenda, we are just all looking for clean cars.

Scott

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Souveran paste is simply one of the best looking carnuabas on the block, period !! That said it will not offer the durability of Z. Which Z are you using ?? If its the older stuff, than their is an appreciable difference. If it is the new Pro lines then it is less noticable as they now offer alot of gloss and less of the plastic look.

I would highly suggest the kit you mentioned if deciding to move to Pinnacle. You will use it more often (waxing about every 4 weeks) but using Crystal Mist between waxing keeps the POP. I do think you will notice the depth in the product. Look for the 15% couponcode (MADMAX) to save some $$.

Hope to see you around more, and I think you will like the bunch. It is much more like an extended family here and most truly have little agenda, we are just all looking for clean cars.
    I have some Z5 that is about a year old that I use, but I follow it up with the new Z2 Pro (using the ZFX accelerator with both).

Thanks for the input....and you will surely "see" me here more as I will have alot of questions about proper detailing steps and such...

Killr, on a side note, Is the Paintwork Cleansing Lotion that is in the kit as good as SSR1 or SSR2.5? I placed my order for the PoorBoys stuff today, but I do not think it has shipped yet. So I am wondering if I should/could change the order and either cancel the PB items or just add Pinnace Kit?