autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna try to detail my way out of my slump.

In the beginning of August, I stocked up on some Hybrid Solutions products (including the One and Done Compound), as well as buying a dozen new pads - 6 each of the yellow and orange Lake Country 'flat' pads (standard thickness, not the Thin Pro's - couldn't find them).

Since I no longer am working, the Camaro IS being garaged for the winter, and I don't want to put it away DIRTY (not touched since early August and it is FILTHY!). My plan is to give the car a GOOD wash, then polish it out with the One and Done - not sure which pad I'm going to use yet, the light or heavy polishing, but I will sort that out fairly quick. I have less than 5 hours, because I take my son and his emotional support dog to training class at 5 pm, and after class, it will be dark. Once the car is completely clean and polished, I would like to get AT LEAST the first coat of the To The Max Wax, applied and removed as the base layer.

I have to be finished before 4:30, so we have time to make it to class. I know that SOUNDS like a lot of time, but I've been moving slower than usual lately and while my enthusiasm isn't there, my want to do it, still exists. I'll post the results (and pics if I get to take any) after doggy class.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gonna try to detail my way out of my slump.

Keep us posted....curious how One and Done performs......been thinking about switching this for my usual 3D One. It's wipe off is a little oily for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t forget to post pics of the puppy too!
    1969 460 Mach-1 / 1973 GS Stage-1 / 2000 Lexus GS400 / 2004 V-Rod / 2018 Outback 3.6R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Keep us posted....curious how One and Done performs......been thinking about switching this for my usual 3D One. It's wipe off is a little oily for me.
    I watched a video on You Tube on the One and Done. The reviewer (Papa Smurf 918) said it was similar to 3D One

Hybrid Solutions One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by bbmach View Post
    Don’t forget to post pics of the puppy too!
    I keep trying, but right now she's playing with our other dogs and is moving too much LOL
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

6. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only partial success, but I'll take it!

It took me over an hour to clean the rims & tires, door jams and trunk + behind the fuel filler door. Then it took another hour and 15 minutes to wash and dry the rest of the car. The car definitely NEEDS gone over with the One and Done, as a stray car got into the garage and left sliding marks all over the car where it's paws drug the dirt and grit across the paint. But by then, I was worn out. It actually works out better for me this way, if I'm planning on machine-polishing a car, I actually PREFER to do the wash the prior evening, and polish the next day, when I can be SURE all the hidden water has dripped out/dried up.

In the post above, I linked a You Tube review of the One and Done, but when I get to use it myself, I will post MY impressions of it.

BTW, my bad on which pads from Lake Country I ordered. The box they came in has been sitting in the living room since August, unopened, because I just wasn't interested in getting to them for a while. I opened the box today and put the new pads (which are Orange and WHITE, not yellow). From the looks of the cat-marks, I will be using the Orange pads for the correction.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

8. Likes Uncbrs, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I would say the two are equal in my experience. Neither wipe off is perfect. I did like One and Done for quick hand polishing in tight spots though - just seemed to make short work of scratches behind door handles.

The PolishAngel Master Compound was awesome for wipe off. I can easily justify that price only working on my own cars and it's a definite favorite now in this category.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

10. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3D one and TW one and done are all I've ever used. One and done is very similar to 3D one but the wipeoff is much easier when compared to 3D one. I prefer the scent of the TW product as well.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a lot of work. Why the rush and deadline?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    I would say the two are equal in my experience. Neither wipe off is perfect. I did like One and Done for quick hand polishing in tight spots though - just seemed to make short work of scratches behind door handles.

The PolishAngel Master Compound was awesome for wipe off. I can easily justify that price only working on my own cars and it's a definite favorite now in this category.

Did you try the master polish? I was looking at that a few months ago.

Your using master compound for a one step?

Sonax perfect finish as a really nice wipe off too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Did you try the master polish? I was looking at that a few months ago.

Your using master compound for a one step?

Sonax perfect finish as a really nice wipe off too.
    So I bought Master Compound with the idea to try spot correction by hand. Then I got a new vehicle with much harder paint so I have an array of polish and compound options. 3D One did well on BMW paint and so did Griot's Boss line as well as Menz and Sonax (I have a reading + buying problem thanks to this forum). I decided why not at least try the PA Master Compound since I had it and had seen plenty say it can finish nicely. I didn't look back after PA MC. Finished very nicely... I'm no expert but I knew I was happy. I'm also slow so was really looking for a 1 step option if possible. I was using a LC Blue heavy polish and Orange polish pad depending on the correction needed per panel.

I have not tried Master Polish. I'm holding off on buying it given the shelf life and assume now that I've got the swirls corrected, I can go down to the Master Polish next time I need to shine it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast