autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Gurus...

Wow!
    A lot of awesome good info to read this morning, I cant think of a better way to wake up on a Saturday morning. Thank you all for chime in.

I know CV2 durability is double Master Sealant, but if I apply MS + Rapid Wax regularly can it hold 12-15 months?

PA site says MS is a 12 month product but Todd from Esoteric said is more of a 6-9 month product, but he didnt specified if that is with or without rapid wax.

I want a combo that I can do every year and can hold strong through the whole year and give me strong protection with amazing look without the hazzle of high spots of a full blown coating.

That is why my options were

1) CV2 + CS (with their primer, I think I will substitute Essence with another polish)
    2) CQuartz Lite + CS (with Essence)
    3) Master Sealant + Rapid Wax (dont know polish)

Who wins???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Now, if I dont use Essence for synergy reasons, I guess I can use PA Primer Spritz before CV2 but to polish the cars, I own a white audi and a dark vw, I guess both are hard paint, can Sonax Perfect Finish and an orange pad take care of light to medium defects and finish with high gloss?
    Or PA primer polish can do it?
    Or what is the best one step to achieve this?

Reason I mentioned Sonax instead of Essence and use primer spritz on top is because I guess PF has more cut than essence, but that is a guess, plus if I go the master sealant route cant use essence anyway

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    Now, if I dont use Essence for synergy reasons, I guess I can use PA Primer Spritz before CV2 but to polish the cars, I own a white audi and a dark vw, I guess both are hard paint, can Sonax Perfect Finish and an orange pad take care of light to medium defects and finish with high gloss?
    Or PA primer polish can do it?
    Or what is the best one step to achieve this?
    I don’t know the Sonax PF cutting power, but your idea is good. You can even go more aggressive as needed. I wouldn’t expect or try to get real correction from PA Primer. Use it to only remove haze, correct micro-scratch’s and overall just to finish down to beauty.

Some people use Essence with a MF cutting pad and get good results, I personally only use Essence the same way I just recommended PA Primer... that’s how I get max gloss from Essence. I tried for cutting once and the car didn’t look as good, probably my technique.
    Reason I mentioned Sonax instead of Essence and use primer spritz on top is because I guess PF has more cut than essence, but that is a guess, plus if I go the master sealant route cant use essence anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!
    A lot of awesome good info to read this morning, I cant think of a better way to wake up on a Saturday morning. Thank you all for chime in.

I know CV2 durability is double Master Sealant, but if I apply MS + Rapid Wax regularly can it hold 12-15 months?

PA site says MS is a 12 month product but Todd from Esoteric said is more of a 6-9 month product, but he didnt specified if that is with or without rapid wax.

I want a combo that I can do every year and can hold strong through the whole year and give me strong protection with amazing look without the hazzle of high spots of a full blown coating.

That is why my options were

1) CV2 + CS (with their primer, I think I will substitute Essence with another polish)
    2) CQuartz Lite + CS (with Essence)
    3) Master Sealant + Rapid Wax (dont know polish)

Who wins???

In my not so polished (hahaPolish Angel Gurus...Polish Angel Gurus...) opinion i’d vote option one. I think past 7-8 months with option three you’ll be riding on RW reapplied coat tails.

Cquartz lite although i’ve heard longer about this and Cancoat are a 6 mo plus rating by the manufacturers. In a world we cut MFR’s durability claims by half these 2 get doubled?

Another big factor is your environment. Do you live in a similar enviroment as someone who got a year? Is your car a daily? Is it garaged? My cars a daily, garaged and taken care of and i don’t think Cancoat or Lite would go a year in NW weather. The rain wreaks havoc and you end up with a lot of road film.

What about Cosmic spritz with Invincible Primer Spritz. Combo says 12-14 months if you use both. Best thing is you would top with itself? Then instead of V2 you could go Highgloss.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned prior to Master Sealant I used Menzerna FG400 and note, I did not do a panel wipe on the Porsche or the Lexus and it was fine.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

7. Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Seems Ive been wrong a bunch lately or at least my confidence is down... but those numbers came from PA Germany’s MSDS whuch were posted until like 6 months ago. So for the bottle I have, I know that whatever those percentages should mean (and more importantly, just the fact those ingredients exist) should be official.
    Found it

How do you like rapid waxx? It only has 5% caurnauba. Would you compare to Black wulfenite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Price not being an issue, I would also pick option 1. Option 2 second. Option 3 as mentioned by crack is going to end up as 4 Rapidwaxx getting you through the second half of the year on its own, which probably means 2-3 week reapplication if you want to be safe.

What region do you live in? Basically, Coatingsarecrack nailed all the important things to consider.

11. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy right? Cancoat and CQ Lite are the only 2 products that the durability is double of what the manufacturer says.

I love washing my cars every week (I have 3) if possible and 2 of them are german paints and are garaged. So I maintain them good, my 3rd car I wash it regularly but not as much and is not garaged (korean) but on that one my polish/LSP combo is totally different, my PA dilema is with my garaged cars. I live in NC so the weather isnt that bad in the winter, rarerly we go down to single digits in the winter.

CS + PS combo sounds great and easy but to be honest I feel almost like that is so easy that is cheating, at least apply CV2, CQ Lite or MS have some involvement (not as much as a full ceramic but I feel like Im actually doing a full detail), you know what I mean? I know it sounds stupid but detail cars is so fun.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Gurus...

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    [/IMG]
    How do you like rapid waxx? It only has 5% caurnauba. Would you compare to Black wulfenite?
    Rapidwaxx is good. Black Wulfenite is a personal Top 3-5 favorite spray. I would compare Rapidwaxx as a poor man’s version of Wulfenite or Gold Zirkon. It has that PA silky-smooth look... mix of sharp ceramic with carnauba (probably my favorite look as I mentioned in my ceramic wax thread). But Wulfenite and Zirkon are the step above where people on the street stop you to say how great your car looks. Wulfenite is my wife’s favorite on her solid black paint, and she’s seen a TON of different things on that paint. So rich.

Anyways, Rapidwaxx is still very nice, particularly as a topper. I’ve even put it on Collinite 476 and it stepped the gloss up significantly.

Polish Angel Gurus...-img_2482-jpg
    Polish Angel Gurus...-img_2483-jpg

In terms of PA dollars, it’s an absolute bargain for anyone looking to try the brand.

15. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy right? Cancoat and CQ Lite are the only 2 products that the durability is double of what the manufacturer says.

I love washing my cars every week (I have 3) if possible and 2 of them are german paints and are garaged. So I maintain them good, my 3rd car I wash it regularly but not as much and is not garaged (korean) but on that one my polish/LSP combo is totally different, my PA dilema is with my garaged cars. I live in NC so the weather isnt that bad in the winter, rarerly we go down to single digits in the winter.

CS + PS combo sounds great and easy but to be honest I feel almost like that is so easy that is cheating, at least apply CV2, CQ Lite or MS have some involvement (not as much as a full ceramic but I feel like Im actually doing a full detail), you know what I mean? I know it sounds stupid but detail cars is so fun.

I know exactly what you mean about having a substantial LSP coat underneath. I also have two German “nice” cars and my old, beater TSX which gets lesser treatment. I understand why you are being so thorough about deciding on what to pamper the two with. The truth is, you can’t go wrong with any of the now four combos you are considering, and it seems longevity from a luxury combo is what you’re looking for. If you don’t care about applying sprays every so often since they are so quick and easy, that will help. If you go the Master Sealant route, I would seriously consider applying the MS twice per year though. I don’t think you would NEED any prep during the second application.. just slap it on over the older MS/RW at 6 months or when needed.

17. Likes gorillapr liked this post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast