I used chemical guys leather cleaner and conditioner solution on my brand new Infiniti for the second time in 4 months to "Protect" the leather and I wish I knew! On the first application few months back did leave some streaking that was wiped away by normal daily use and left actually some slippery feeling on the steering. On the second application after cleaning and applying I felt the opposite, sticky and tacky feeling on the steering, the seats had some streaking and I dried wiped them.

I am thinking the cleaner or the cream must have had some chemical reaction to the leather and caused this mess. Since then I asked this forum for advise in another thread (Link Below) regarding how to remedy this and applied some of the suggestions. My thinking is, could it be because the bottles have been sitting in the garage heat for past couple of months and the chemicals inside changed their property? that's the only thing I can think of from last application to this application plus application temperature was higher this time as I applied over the weekend.

Here is what I did so far to remedy:

1. I wiped down the steering with solution of very mild dawn and water and then wiped down with just water and dried with MF.
  2. Used Orange bottle Lexol leather cleaner spray, sprayed in MF and wiped down the steering and then damped wiped it again with water and dried with MF towel.

Its been 3-4 days since I cleaned it and the steering now looks exactly how it came out of factory several months ago but still has this sticky/tacky feeling when you hold it in your hands. Honestly I am very bummed and not sure what else to do, as I don't want to put more chemicals on it and mess it up further, also did not want to add more conditioner to it and smear things further.

I am thinking of applying two other methods that may help?! Just like above methods with MF towels either use Woolite 10:1 or 16:1 solution or ONR 2Oz/Gal and do the wipe down process.

I am not sure this is even recoverable.

I appreciate any helpful comments here. Thanks.

Semi-Aniline Leather seat treatment