autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    Both work well. What I like about the Wax Off is you can use it dry and let it sit for 40 mins, then come back and rinse it off. You still need to do a wash after though. Or you can apply it wet but it will just dilute the product a bit. Fireball has been on the market longer.
    It sounds like the Kamikaze "glaze". Glaze is dry application vs no.5 being wet application (as you know). However the Kamikaze glaze might possibly leave something behind and be a bit of a primer for their own coatings. I haven't tested enough and we know extracting English info is on a trial basis only with them. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Wax Off is sitting here unopened so I need to go ahead and test it now. Appreciate the feedback!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

After rainy & windy weather, not to mention the pollen & sap the EN was OVER DUE for a REAL carwash this eveningWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I had P&S Frostbite in the Griot's Garage foam gun and used it on the tires & wheels, all brushes used for complete clean, wheelwells tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next was to use the remaining to pre-wash the body, it was nasty and I let it dwell, then rinsed it down and got ready for the 2BMWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the 2BM I left nothing to chance, Adam's graphene carwash, 2 oz in my bucket, free flowing water then the sprayer to foam it up! This soap should be called something else because the name implies protection...IT HAS NONE! What it does do is cleans VERY, VERY well, my rinse bucket was pretty dirty after the contact wash, REALLY impressive product...AND IT AVAILABLE LOCALLY @ Auto ZoneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Before the wash I knew I was going to do use a drying aid but even more so, that product was TWHS Ceramic Wet Wax, still a hidden gem in the product line. I feel Turtle What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Wax did an amazing job on THIS product but after the lights go down and the YouTubers have been paid and did their reviews, the spotlight moves away and it's never mentioned againWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I'm no marketing guy but maybe some YouTube shorts and/or a revisit from these "reviewers", better yet, REAL WORLD users...like myself for instanceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This product is sooooo easy to use, one towel to dry/wipe in and then your drying towel for the final dry and buff. The results...GLOSS & SLICKNESS to 11What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished up with a vac and sprayed some Griot's Garage Stinky Be Gone Redline Cherry. Speaking of that scent, to keep my rotation going I'll be swapping it out with another from the new line, maybe JDM squashWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Btw I posted a pic of the tire, just look at Mr. Cartoon Tire Coat, might have cartoon in his name but this stuff is NO JOKEWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes Big Dave, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After rainy & windy weather, not to mention the pollen & sap the EN was OVER DUE for a REAL carwash this eveningWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I had P&S Frostbite in the Griot's Garage foam gun and used it on the tires & wheels, all brushes used for complete clean, wheelwells tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next was to use the remaining to pre-wash the body, it was nasty and I let it dwell, then rinsed it down and got ready for the 2BMWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the 2BM I left nothing to chance, Adam's graphene carwash, 2 oz in my bucket, free flowing water then the sprayer to foam it up! This soap should be called something else because the name implies protection...IT HAS NONE! What it does do is cleans VERY, VERY well, my rinse bucket was pretty dirty after the contact wash, REALLY impressive product...AND IT AVAILABLE LOCALLY @ Auto ZoneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Before the wash I knew I was going to do use a drying aid but even more so, that product was TWHS Ceramic Wet Wax, still a hidden gem in the product line. I feel Turtle What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Wax did an amazing job on THIS product but after the lights go down and the YouTubers have been paid and did their reviews, the spotlight moves away and it's never mentioned againWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I'm no marketing guy but maybe some YouTube shorts and/or a revisit from these "reviewers", better yet, REAL WORLD users...like myself for instanceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This product is sooooo easy to use, one towel to dry/wipe in and then your drying towel for the final dry and buff. The results...GLOSS & SLICKNESS to 11What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished up with a vac and sprayed some Griot's Garage Stinky Be Gone Redline Cherry. Speaking of that scent, to keep my rotation going I'll be swapping it out with another from the new line, maybe JDM squashWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Btw I posted a pic of the tire, just look at Mr. Cartoon Tire Coat, might have cartoon in his name but this stuff is NO JOKEWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I still have at least a half bottle of TWHS Wet Wax left on the shelf, and although I have been using other stuff, I won't discard it. As long as it doesn't go off it will stay until I've used it all up.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I still have at least a half bottle of TWHS Wet Wax left on the shelf, and although I have been using other stuff, I won't discard it. As long as it doesn't go off it will stay until I've used it all up.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Use it on the wife's ride next, that color will go to NEXT LEVELWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I just had my call with C6 Ceramics to see if I can become a certified installer. If you want to know all the benefits of their coatings here’s the video with Yvan and Pan going over the science behind them.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XzAWMaaG...cmdhbml6ZXI%3D

I’ll try to give my thoughts without going into specifics to respect their desire to keep info out of the public sphere.

They are intended to be seen as exclusive coatings in line with Crystal Serum Ultra, CQuartz Finest Reserve and Gyeon Infinite coatings without the complicated application process. Being that they are “exclusive” they do have an “exclusive” price tag but not as much as any of the aforementioned coatings. If the coatings are even half as good as they claim, the wholesale price may be justified. Because they are high end coatings, they do come with an MSRP for installation and I highly doubt in my market I could ever charge that much without a prospective customer giving me a few choice words. I don’t even think I’d feel that good as a person charging that much for a coating unless it could wash my car on its own. The spokesman did say that I could charge whatever I want but they have a recommended price that they hope detailers stick to.

The requirements to stay in their certified installer program are very reasonable. It shouldn’t be an issue for anyone that does coatings full time. He was ready to approve my application and the only thing preventing approval is that I would need to buy a starter kit, which is reasonably price considering everything it contains. I didn’t take the plunge since this is a side job and I don’t want to drop that kind of cash without knowing that I will make up the cost in the very near future.

I’m on the fence with these coatings. If something sounds too good to be true………..you know the rest. I just wish that I had some kind of real world data to vouch for the effectiveness of the coatings. The coatings I installed now are on my own vehicles and I can see that they work and I can stand behind them. I don’t like dealing in hypotheticals.

8. Likes chilly, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I just had my call with C6 Ceramics to see if I can become a certified installer. If you want to know all the benefits of their coatings here’s the video with Yvan and Pan going over the science behind them.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XzAWMaaG...cmdhbml6ZXI%3D

I’ll try to give my thoughts without going into specifics to respect their desire to keep info out of the public sphere.

They are intended to be seen as exclusive coatings in line with Crystal Serum Ultra, CQuartz Finest Reserve and Gyeon Infinite coatings without the complicated application process. Being that they are “exclusive” they do have an “exclusive” price tag but not as much as any of the aforementioned coatings. If the coatings are even half as good as they claim, the wholesale price may be justified. Because they are high end coatings, they do come with an MSRP for installation and I highly doubt in my market I could ever charge that much without a prospective customer giving me a few choice words. I don’t even think I’d feel that good as a person charging that much for a coating unless it could wash my car on its own. The spokesman did say that I could charge whatever I want but they have a recommended price that they hope detailers stick to.

The requirements to stay in their certified installer program are very reasonable. It shouldn’t be an issue for anyone that does coatings full time. He was ready to approve my application and the only thing preventing approval is that I would need to buy a starter kit, which is reasonably price considering everything it contains. I didn’t take the plunge since this is a side job and I don’t want to drop that kind of cash without knowing that I will make up the cost in the very near future.

I’m on the fence with these coatings. If something sounds too good to be true………..you know the rest. I just wish that I had some kind of real world data to vouch for the effectiveness of the coatings. The coatings I installed now are on my own vehicles and I can see that they work and I can stand behind them. I don’t like dealing in hypotheticals.
    Off the top of my head, I would think that they would be more interested in getting some product out there for real world exposure rather than trying to sell “starter kits”

I don’t know, that’s just my knee jerk reaction

Yeah, that’s a lot of ambiguity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Off the top of my head, I would think that they would be more interested in getting some product out there for real world exposure rather than trying to sell “starter kits”

I don’t know, that’s just my knee jerk reaction

Yeah, that’s a lot of ambiguity

I thought the same thing. Towards the end of our convo I just knew he was going to say that he was sending out a sample but that doesn’t jive with an “exclusive” coating.

I applied to be an installer on a whim. I saw a video and said “what the hell” and set up an appointment. If I had proof that you could get a solid 5+ years with the same kind of maintenance I keep on my own cars it would be it would be something worth looking into.

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing. Towards the end of our convo I just knew he was going to say that he was sending out a sample but that doesn’t jive with an “exclusive” coating.

I applied to be an installer on a whim. I saw a video and said “what the hell” and set up an appointment. If I had proof that you could get a solid 5+ years with the same kind of maintenance I keep on my own cars it would be it would be something worth looking into.
    I started watching that video and Yvan said they had been working on that coating since 2019

I’m trying to think of who he was shilling for in 2019

I shut it off after that because between him and Pan I simply couldn’t stomach it

13. Likes Optimus Grime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

I shut it off after that because between him and Pan I simply couldn’t stomach it

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0817-jpeg

15. Likes chilly, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0817-jpeg
    You won’t be making fun of me when I park my Deathstar over your moon

Bwahahahaha (evil laugh)

17. Likes BudgetPlan1, Klasse Act, Texchappy liked this post
Page 1226 of 1244 FirstFirst ... 22672611261176121612171218121912201221122212231224122512261227122812291230123112321233123412351236 ... LastLast