autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So it was really, REALLY nice today so I finally got around to showing my buddy Marsen (#PolishBullet) how to do a RW this morning.

I brought over ALOT of towels, washing and drying towels, plus rando mf towels for tires and wheels. I started with a 2BM RW using the DIY Detail RW, I mean I just got it and used it twice yesterday so why not twice todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I showed Marsen how to do the process by doing the roof and windshield, then let him have at it. For the wash media I used my Aqua sponge and he got the hang of it right away. Once done we cleaned out the door jams, tires and wheels. Now what surprised him most was the amount of DIRT in the rinse bucket, even before doing the tires & wheelsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?️He washed the car the day before Thanksgiving but yet the dirt showed up and was washed away.

To finish things off I applied 303 Tire Balm and showed Marsen 3D Bead It Up for a little extra "pop" and protection.

We next turned to his fiancé and her Sorrento hybrid. For this we used the same RW but I showed him the 1BM. I asked him which one he liked better and he said the 2BM because he said it seemed like you did more and it was easier. I told him it's which ever you like better, pointing out that the 1BM is always cleaner as the wash media is always clean but pre-treating is VERY importantWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm glad I was able to do this for a number of reasons. First we've been trying to do this meet up for a while, so that's been taken care of. Next showing someone a process they've heard about, watched and now believing! Lastly and most importantly is this, Marsen lost his Dad a couple weeks ago and was really gripping, so being able to share my time, knowledge and products to make his day better was AWESOME and he really appreciated it but I told him it's the least I could doWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes chilly, Big Dave, PaulMys, opie, dgage and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally knocked off about 3-4 weeks of abuse on the truck. Good wash. Engine detail. Interior. Tonneau cover treated. Tires got TW Spray tire coating. And finished with a quick coat TWHS Spray coating. Figured who knows when it will get a bath again. Had the stuff out, so quick wash on the Escape. Rain tomorrow, but it had to get done today. Felt good to be in the driveway, even for a day.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Likes chilly, Big Dave, Klasse Act, opie, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Finally knocked off about 3-4 weeks of abuse on the truck. Good wash. Engine detail. Interior. Tonneau cover treated. Tires got TW Spray tire coating. And finished with a quick coat TWHS Spray coating. Figured who knows when it will get a bath again. Had the stuff out, so quick wash on the Escape. Rain tomorrow, but it had to get done today. Felt good to be in the driveway, even for a day.
    It's soooo worth it if only for a day, couldn't agree moreWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So it was really, REALLY nice today so I finally got around to showing my buddy Marsen (#PolishBullet) how to do a RW this morning.

I brought over ALOT of towels, washing and drying towels, plus rando mf towels for tires and wheels. I started with a 2BM RW using the DIY Detail RW, I mean I just got it and used it twice yesterday so why not twice todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I showed Marsen how to do the process by doing the roof and windshield, then let him have at it. For the wash media I used my Aqua sponge and he got the hang of it right away. Once done we cleaned out the door jams, tires and wheels. Now what surprised him most was the amount of DIRT in the rinse bucket, even before doing the tires & wheelsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?️He washed the car the day before Thanksgiving but yet the dirt showed up and was washed away.

To finish things off I applied 303 Tire Balm and showed Marsen 3D Bead It Up for a little extra "pop" and protection.

We next turned to his fiancé and her Sorrento hybrid. For this we used the same RW but I showed him the 1BM. I asked him which one he liked better and he said the 2BM because he said it seemed like you did more and it was easier. I told him it's which ever you like better, pointing out that the 1BM is always cleaner as the wash media is always clean but pre-treating is VERY importantWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm glad I was able to do this for a number of reasons. First we've been trying to do this meet up for a while, so that's been taken care of. Next showing someone a process they've heard about, watched and now believing! Lastly and most importantly is this, Marsen lost his Dad a couple weeks ago and was really gripping, so being able to share my time, knowledge and products to make his day better was AWESOME and he really appreciated it but I told him it's the least I could doWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hey Rog..... You have so many damn toppers on that thing that I'll bet it would change the reading on a paint thickness gauge.

Dial it back a notch, will ya???
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes dgage, opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed the bride's Landy with Meg's gold class (two-bucket method). Finished it off with Turtle Wax 53409 ceramic spray coating. The latter seemed prone to streaking on larger panels, which I suspect was caused by (1) using too much product and/or (2) the sub-50° temp.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were there for your friend and always nice to share your passion.

For 2 bucket do you use grout sponge and one bucket multiple towels??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Hey Rog..... You have so many damn toppers on that thing that I'll bet it would change the reading on a paint thickness gauge.

Dial it back a notch, will ya???
    That's not my car, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?...his is the 1st pic and mines the 2nd pic, plus he's got a wrapped roofWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I always use grit guards when I do ANY 2BM, whether it's an RW or traditional washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You have a nicer rear lol, less badges=cleaner "classier" look imo

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    You have a nicer rear lol, less badges=cleaner "classier" look imo

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    It's amazing what adding the amber and med smoke LaminX to the turn signals and back up lights did for car. Removing the E L A N T R A lettering and adding i30 was purely to be different. I've got some more "subtle" touches coming for the spring but one will NOT be so subtle (hopefully I can make it happen), stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Likes Texchappy, opie, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This S550 is 2016 with 150K miles on it. hasn't been detailed most likely since it was purchased used last year. It really needed a makeoverWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-right-full-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-left-close-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-left-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-hood-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-tires-jpg
    3D One/ 3D Speed
    Tech 582 topped
    Tiresuragloss 252 Wheels: Mothers

19. Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave, dgage, Klasse Act liked this post
Page 943 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 4438438939339349359369379389399409419429439449459469479489499509519529539931043 ... LastLast