autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Today got everything ready for a full detailing which i'll be starting in the morning early. I'm planning on giving my Audi a thorough washing, compounding\polishing with M105 and M205, and an IPA wipe down. Before sealing things up, i was going to get out my fine line tool and touch up a few rock chips and while that sets up, shampoo the carpets and clean the leather. Then finally when i'm about to keel over, apply some sealant or i may go buy something new like Meguiars M27. Unsure yet.

2. Likes chilly, dgage, Big Dave, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    Today got everything ready for a full detailing which i'll be starting in the morning early. I'm planning on giving my Audi a thorough washing, compounding\polishing with M105 and M205, and an IPA wipe down. Before sealing things up, i was going to get out my fine line tool and touch up a few rock chips and while that sets up, shampoo the carpets and clean the leather. Then finally when i'm about to keel over, apply some sealant or i may go buy something new like Meguiars M27. Unsure yet.
    I know there are alot of newer top products like Cancoat Evo getting love, but I have been really enjoying M27 myself.

4. Likes chilly, dgage, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt left out so I looked up the secret decoder ring to figure out what M27 was. I’m working on memorizing them but I’m doing poorly. I have M27 down now along with M39 and M40. Apparently I have homework to do but I’m feeling too old for that.

6. Likes Silly Rabbit, chilly, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    About a 1/3 can...I did the roof and hood with 2 coats.....I went a little heavy on the whole thing...probly would have saved on a bit if I didnt have 7 cans...lol
    Only 1 can for me. Will probably use on the Rav4 end of summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes chilly, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I felt left out so I looked up the secret decoder ring to figure out what M27 was. I’m working on memorizing them but I’m doing poorly. I have M27 down now along with M39 and M40. Apparently I have homework to do but I’m feeling too old for that.
    I had to look it up as well

I heard through the grapevine there will be a pop quiz tomorrow so you better study up

I liked seeing it has some viscosity to it so I could check coverage as I apply

And no hurry to wipe off

I wish they had a smaller bottle to try

10. Likes dgage, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Which Pan debacle are we talking about here What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Pan got caught out asking for $10,000 US dollars for a review, That is the legal amount of money you can bring into Canada before paying tax on it.

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    The Meguiar’s is only a practice test for the real Detailer’s Final Exam… The Duragloss Name and Product Number match with extra credit for identifying the descriptive name of #703 or showing off a picture of your freestanding floor display (all product included).

14. Likes dgage, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epilogts View Post
    The Meguiar’s is only a practice test for the real Detailer’s Final Exam… The Duragloss Name and Product Number match with extra credit for identifying the descriptive name of #703 or showing off a picture of your freestanding floor display (all product included).
    Lol. I’m a little further along with Duragloss. Let’s see, 101, 501, 601, 901, 903, 931, 253, 951. Dang it, I had to look up 951 since I refer to it as AquaWax. . And I can’t remember the number of the wheel cleaner, which I sometimes use, ahh, 821. And I use quite a few others too. A pretty spectacular line at a great price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Rinseless Wash On Black Porsche! Black Versus Red Sponge! ONR, ADG, Wolfgang Uber! - YouTube

This is obsurdWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm not blaming Brian but fir whatever reason everyone seems to think this Ivan guy walks on water, I don't get it one bit. He's very smug and tries to be funny, not a fan one bit...let's discuss this videoWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Brian sounds to ease up the things Ivan says. I meen the whole thing Brian preach about is saving clearcoat. That don't Ivan do at all. I heard this is how we do it in my shops. Okay that's take me to he want more work coming in. He comes from a business approach of everything. I could show him how it's done and it takes a little time and is dirt cheap. Would I do this on my personal vehical. No way to that LOL. I mean we rave on bad how dealership washers or detailers does. This is just another way of the same thing. I have tested to use high end brushes on paint with Carpro Reset for an example and a thoroughly prewashed paint. The agitations needed on a dirty paint is going to scratch the paint. You may not see the first 2-10 washes but they will come. And that's not something like ONR will get you out from either. 1 wash sure maybe not so much noticeble scratches. And this 911 was not dirty either. It would be interesting to a newly polished car and get it dirty and then doing this wash to it. And inspect it thoroughly where the dirt build up is heavier. Just to prove a point. In thinking of a swirl-o-matic could just use ONR as their chemichals only. It would not scratch your car in his way of thinking. Here in Sweden the swirl-o-matic says that your car get polished. Now when they have switched to foam bristles instead. Yeah sure it will. With P1000 sanding grit paper LOL. I'm not kidding with that they claim it to get polished and don't induce any swirls.

No I'm not buying his approach to detailing cars. In the longrun IMO it will not work. Sure it's good enough for some and not for others. Waterless and Rinseless washes has their places for many people. And also the bucket washes as well. But if you don't do them right with the right equipment and technique and there are many that works. You will have a swirled up paint and may even be needing to compounding it every year. Or if you take care of it right and nothing happens from the outside of your maintance. You can do a finishing polish and start over every 2 years.

I do a lot of testing for me personally. And just find a way that you think is the way. After a year or half of a year. Inspect your paint and see how it looks. If there are swirls again. Try to change 1 thing in your method that you think can creat the swirls. Say you find this after a half year after you have polished it. Switch 1 thing that can be at fault. Look after the full year if you stopped creating more swirls. Either polishing it again or let it be. And switch out another method that you think it can be or an equipment that creats it. See if the creating is stopping the amount of swirls you are getting if you get them that is. And after 2 years polish it again and see a half year after that if you have reduced the creating of swirls. Switching between methods and many equipment it can be hard to pinpoint what's creating what. Or if you are satisfied with it and can live with it. And do a finishing polish every year. Just do it. It's no wrong in that. And we have all different standards that we live after and are satisfied and acceptable. But doing what Ivan does on this 911 weekly for a full year 52 washes. Come on if he's actually honest it will be scratch and swirl free I don't think so. I could get it to not be scratched. Just don't wash it or drive it and store it in the garage. Pull it out and do a ONR rinseless wash and drive it to Brian. Look no scratches or swirls. But as a DD and washed 10-20 times a year. Depending on how you wash it. You will have some light wash marring to almost nothing if you do it right. Or it's more bad so a finishing polish don't fix and you will get to an aggressive combo to make it right. That's fine to depending how long you plan to have the vehical. But a veteran vehical or something like this 911 that you plan on to have for most of your lifetime. Take care of it gently and enjoy it.

Now I stop ranting on this video. But I think I heard even Brian cringed from some methods LOL. For an example I don't take the wheel brush to the afterwards. Or you don't need to be useing a brush on the paint. And you can prewash it with the PW. I think he know what things could get at him if he stands right up with Ivans methods. Cause that seems long from what he have shared and developed during many years know.

And that's why Pan's videos is so gently now days. And not overly preaching LOL. I remember when he did a snowfoam comparison some years ago. It where before you where getting BH more easly. And I was talking about the cleaning ability on a prewash. That's important to get at least for me. And I told what BH could be doing. I was laughed at basicly. Think that I will see if I can find my coment on that or if he deleted it. Know that we do what we have access to. And live in different climates. But the Canada climate is a lot like here in Sweden. And even England is less harsh but is huge into prewash cleaning. I don't say I do all things right as I still make mistakes. Use a lot of unecessary chemichals when I don't need to. As here this is the way we go. Many uses cold degreaser and iron remover and alkaline prewash either in foamcannon or pumpsprayer at every wash during the winter months. Even some that does this the other months as well. I think we have a swedish Youtuber that does some videos in english. Could be fun to see what you guys and gals think of them. Will see if I find any good english video that show how to do it in Sweden LOL

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

17. Thanks Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, CleanIT, Bosko, chilly and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad your back^^^^^^

See you get a nice guy and pours alot time onto his thoughts about this fraud for hire. I know this, if he's teaching a detailing business about how to make more $$$$, well, I would wanna know so I can skip going to THAT shop.

I'm no professional to say the least but I know this, when doing a RW or WW I practice SAFE methods, not some "fast food, drive-thru" approach to washing a car and certainly use the CORRECT tools for the job, my God What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Where will this fraud show up next, he's been on Mckee's, Pan's and now Apex...look out Jon, Mr. Spinning bow tie is looking for his passport, you too Car Craft Auto Detailing, Sandro and the tall, skinny guy with all the tats (sorry can't think of your name right nowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?)...have brush...will travel, for a fee ofcoarseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

19. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Bosko, chilly, SWETM liked this post
Page 831 of 1221 FirstFirst ... 331731781821822823824825826827828829830831832833834835836837838839840841881931 ... LastLast