autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ***UPDATE TO THE UPDATE***

She actually knocked on my.door to tell me she didn't want her car on the internet and then asked me why did I want to take a pic of it anyways. I told her because it's clean and then she tells me again that she "put a hose to it" and I said "I washed it myself". She said said "bless you but you don't have to do that" and I said well I was out there doing my car and wanted to surprise you.

Lesson learned at 51 yrs old, never stop learning because learning never stops. I guess I don't have to worry about doing the roof now and to think I was going to offer to do a massive overhaul on the soft Japanese black paint for FREE because I wanted to see what I could doWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    The “one eyed gentleman detailer” makes his first strike!!

Who will be next?

jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

2. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My eye is much better, tomorrow the fine tuning comes backWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Btw she baked me a plate of cookies which I'll put a couple aside and the rest go to the tint shop guys tomorrow morning, I'm sure they'll appreciate itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATE TO THE UPDATE***

She actually knocked on my.door to tell me she didn't want her car on the internet and then asked me why did I want to take a pic of it anyways. I told her because it's clean and then she tells me again that she "put a hose to it" and I said "I washed it myself". She said said "bless you but you don't have to do that" and I said well I was out there doing my car and wanted to surprise you.

Lesson learned at 51 yrs old, never stop learning because learning never stops. I guess I don't have to worry about doing the roof now and to think I was going to offer to do a massive overhaul on the soft Japanese black paint for FREE because I wanted to see what I could doWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Don’t worry your a “class act” to do a good deed for neighbor and to get response where she is unappreciative and totally ignores your efforts, 🤦🏽#♂️don’t worry her loss !!!! Hopefully another neighbor saw your good deed and ask you to do their car

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at Chicago Auto Pros getting my windows tinted...finally! I can't believe I've gone 2.5 yrs without tint, crazyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Pictures coming in a couple hrs What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Likes Big Dave, MadMerc, Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm at Chicago Auto Pros getting my windows tinted...finally! I can't believe I've gone 2.5 yrs without tint, crazyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Pictures coming in a couple hrs What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's the very first thing I have done, if it hasn't already, to any vehicle I buy. I've only ever bought second hand, and window tint is very common in this sunburnt land, so you just have to make sure it's a good job.

I had a friend with a really cheap old Hyundai, with a very bad tint job, bubbles all over the back window. The police pulled him over and made him peel it off, it was that or get a fine.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I usually do but "life got in the way" around the time I got the ESWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a couple of wire shelves and a few more clear totes from Amazon last week

Only 1 shelf showed up but it’s a start

I am trying to get away from using the bigger totes and get my microfiber stuff a bit more organized and easier to see

The 4 totes still on the way will allow me to have all my towels stuff in clear totes

Dust here is a problem so totes are essential

I was using a cheap particle board shelf unit I scrounged up but that’s disintegrating, plus I’m trying to get anything that’s not waterproof out of this half of the garage so I can wash cars when it’s blowing too hard outside

My wife ordered the little cart for a closet or something but it didn’t work out so I repurposed it until I can get a bigger taller service cart

Work in progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes MisterSnoop, Big Dave, Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my windows tinted with X-pel ceramic tint, 35% and they couldn't wash it afterwards so I told them no worries. They gave me a free carwash though and I could use it whenever...even winter, so that's when I'll use it for being so patient with them this morning (8 a.m. appointment and brought my car in @9:40 a.m.)

Once I got home from there and the Stinger meet I washed the ES. It wasn't dirty, just a days dust and smudges from the window tinters. This time I mixed up some DG rinseless wash and got after it...in the sun, so 1 panel at a time, not used to thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Once done there I used Brake Buster on the rims, 1 brush used, rinsed down and dried. I then applied a light coat of Gyeon Tire for a slightly different look on the tires. Finished up spraying some CG's Signature scent in the interior.

Now I've go back out and re-dry the ES because it rained for about 20 seconds on it right after I was done and bringing in my suplliesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Likes chilly, derek0609, Big Dave, MadMerc, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Awesome

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It will show up better on an overcast day...pics coming whenever that day comes againWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 630 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 1305305806206216226236246256266276286296306316326336346356366376386396406807301130 ... LastLast