autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Mothers should repackage,relabel,and sell that metal polish as a headlight restorer since it works so well and fast.
    They say don’t use it on chrome, but it made my chrome wheels look better than they’ve ever looked! I tested it a couple of weeks ago. Check it out.

Here’s 1 of my wheels cleaned but not polished. Notice if you look closely you can see a bit of cloudiness or haze if you really look in close.

But once I polished it with the Mothers Mag & Aluminum it actually removed that haze and restored the true brilliance & shine.

And don’t tell me to use Mothers Chrome Polish because we know that does absolutely Nothing for chrome! Lol. I can’t believe some people actually claim to see results with that stuff... I’ve had a bottle of it for over 20yrs. and I’ve yet to see it make a difference on any chrome in this part of the world. Lol

2. Likes SWETM, DasTurboWagen, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I had chrome wheels I know what I’d be using!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I tested that with another metall polish and finished with Mothers Billet. Did this on a neglected VW headlights early last summer. And they still looks great with nothing done to them since then. Not even washed or protected. The car sits outside 24/7 but not driven. Very effective and great results.

Post Thanks / Like

If the haze comes back just get the Griot's Garage headlight resto kit and call it a day. Did my wife's headlights on her old Mazda 6 and they came out great, easily would've gotten the guaranteed 2 yrs out of it because it was coming up on that soon and NO signs if it wearing off!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I rinseless washed the SS using Meguiar’s D114 with many MF towels in the bucket. I put half an ounce in my small iK sprayer and foamed each panel before washing. I let the product stay on the car after washing, then rinsed it off to check out the beading from the Meguiar’s HCW. Very impressed by the beading on the paint. Used it on the wheels last time and I’m disappointed by the performance. It did not survive the Meguiar’s D143 I used on the tires and wheels. No beading, no sheeting, just flat water on the wheels. I reapplied it to the wheels though and next wash I’ll use a dedicated car shampoo to see how it does on the wheels. Wondering if it just doesn’t survive the heat or the chemicals.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. McKee’s SiO2 Tire Shine was applied to the tires. They’re coming off later this week and the summer set will go back on.

You can see my wife’s Beast pouting in the reflection, wondering when it’s getting its turn in Mr. Paul’s AutoSpa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

7. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I washed my wife's Volvo with a traditional TBM. It was sitting in the garage slightly dirty when we left for Arizona early February. I had polished and coated it with UK3.0 in January. It cleaned up nicely, great beading. I love that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it was time to clean up the wife's ride, it's been a while. I started with finishing up my bottle of Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner but ran out after 3 tires, so I grabbed my 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner and went back over them. I also sprayed some CG's Sticky Citrus on the wheels and let it dwell before scrubbing the faces with my Mother's tire and wheel brush and getting inbetween the spokes and barrels with the Speed Master, then rinsed down with the trusty Worx hydroshot with it's new 4.0v battery!

Moving onto the pre-wash I foamed it down with CG's Honeydew in the IK Foam 9, sprayed a good amount on, let it dwell and rinsed away. This really cuts down so much dirt, now it's time for the 2BM wash!

Here i had some clean, soapy wash from my last 2BM wash and it had some Mother's triple wash but I had some CG's Honeydew left over so I dumped it into the bucket and foamed it up with the Worx hydroshot and got after it. Using the Griot's Garage wash pad I cleaned the SUV, rinsed it down and decided to apply some protection, let's move to that.

I felt that i had enough 303 Touchless sealant and i was right, barely enough but that's what's great about their 32 oz size, more is better! There is nothing on my wife's ride for protection, the water was flat as Iowa, perfect. Since it's about 50 degrees down here I sprayed the entire SUV with the 303 Touchless sealant and let it sit. While it was doing that I decided to spray Meg's HCW on the wheels and let it sit. I then sprayed the 303 Touchless sealant off of the car and no matter how many times I use this product I just shake my head! The beads were so small and tight it almost looked like it was just a mist on the SUV, amazing product, not sure why this isn't talked about as much as Meg's HCW which is an INFERIOR product compared to 303 Touchless sealant, not even close...period! Once done I rinsed off the Meg's HCW from the wheels and guess what...no beading! You shouldn't have to spray, wipe it in the first time and then rinse, whatever. I grabbed TAC system Water Glass for this task and it did bead up right away. I dried the entire SUV with a single Luxury Microfiber Sucker towel, another amazing product!

Once I go upstairs and put everything away I'm coming back down here to apply Gyeon Tire Express since it's cool down here and I know the tires aren't 100% dry, that's the beauty of THIS product!

11. Likes SWETM, panthershark, JKDesign, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spot polished 2 areas in my boss’s truck and then used my carpet brush in the pc da to clean up some dirty spots in the cab. He was super happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Freshly applied Gyeon Tire Express, time for bed...ZzzzzzzWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

...even our daughter was blown away with my workWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes SWETM, JKDesign, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Once done I rinsed off the Meg's HCW from the wheels and guess what...no beading!
    Has anyone ever witnessed impressive beading on wheels? Like ever? Lol.
    That has about as slim of a chance as someone claying the face of their wheels and actually showing anykind of contaminants on their claybar. I’d be willing to bet neither will ever happen in the history of detailing. Lol.

I just did a search on youtube for “wheels beading” and within the first 70 vids or so I pulled up nothing related to detailing except for this:

This video is absolutely hilarious. Lol.

YouTube

Then there was this:

YouTube

I reckon there has never been nor will there ever be such a thing as “impressive” beading on wheels. Lol.

Heck, if someone can clay the face of their wheels and pull off this kind of contamination I might be willing to giveaway a brand new polisher because I know it’s a complete impossibility. Lol.

Yet there’s so many so called “experts” on youtube who swear that the wheels are the most contaminated part of the entire vehicle... I bet their wheels bead too.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?Lol.

Page 137 of 1243 FirstFirst ... 37871271281291301311321331341351361371381391401411421431441451461471872376371137 ... LastLast