autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubbs View Post
    No worries.

It's our personal shop. We bought it a couple years ago. It's been my dream garage/shop for many years.

It's not at my house, but only about a mile away. We added the polyurea floor coating and a security system. Otherwise it's how it was when we bought it.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    You do have a bed/shower there for those "late nights", rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    You do have a bed/shower there for those "late nights", rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

LoL, only a fridge and toilet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After a couple days the EN was lookin' a little "dingy" from Frost and general driving, so this morning my daughter and I took the EN to the touch-free wash. No pre-wash was really needed but I did use Brake Buster in the IK Foam Pro 9 before entering the washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

We came home and I used Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine to top up the finish and as a drying aid, tires and wheels got it tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now my EN is lookin' good while I get ready to watch the game before "THEE GAME" next weekWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Just applied a coat of CarPro Darkside tothe Michelin X-Ice's. Once it sits for a while I'll level it down and take a pic. This product MUST BE LEVELED after application but it's worth the extra step due to it's durability and looksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

4. Likes DFB, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You really need a shower so if you get dirty working on the car you can get cleaned up before you go home--shower is on my dream garage list! (for a dream garage that's not at your house, that is)

I remember one time changing the trans fluid on my TH350 out in the driveway and I tilted the pan the wrong way or took the wrong screw out and wound up lying in a puddle of Dexron...sure wouldn't want to have to drive home like that. Of course I see you have a lift so at least you wouldn't be lying in it.

The previous owner used it for some woodworking. I believe the shop was built in 2010.

I only have a single stall garage at the house and always wanted to put up a 3 stall. The wife likes our backyard too much, and I like leaving the house. Great compromise.
    Yeah, that sounds like it works out perfectly for you. I can't add onto my garage because of the way my house is and besides the backyard issue I think I'd run into zoning/variance issues trying to build in the back yard. If I did, I would want some enclosed walkway to it so I could go out there in my pajamas, lol.

6. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I mean you could get an air mattress

8. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weather still holding out. Maintenace wash on the truck. Finished with wet wax and another treatment of Wolfstiens on the tonneau cover.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

10. Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Applied 1 coat of CarPro Darkside before the Michigan game and afterwards I went out there and leveled it out, it was still glossy enough, before leveling, to see myself in the sidewallWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Loaded up the SPTA cordless foamer with Griot's foaming surface wash and went to the self wash. This was the first time using it since I replaced the foaming insert with some IK felt discs. It worked well. Didn't sputter like before.

14. Likes oneheadlite, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries.

It's our personal shop. We bought it a couple years ago. It's been my dream garage/shop for many years.

It's not at my house, but only about a mile away. We added the polyurea floor coating and a security system. Otherwise it's how it was when we bought it.

I would love to do something like this one day, just a matter of motivation. I plan on having a large open plan detailing workshop and car storage area, and an upper loft with living amenities. Off the side of the building, I want a semi enclosed space for storing my messy gardening tools away from the cleanliness of my detailing space. I would then service and repair equipment out there too. I'd also like to install an inground/flush fit scissor lift before pouring the concrete floor. Swisstrax through the detailing space and a more integrated cabinet/work bench/sink arrangement. A wash bay would also be on the wish list, either inside or outside.

My dad is a retired building estimator and designer, so I do have a foot in the door, I just need to get motivated.

I mapped this out on an Excel spreadsheet to visualize what I'm dreaming of. Maybe one day.

16. Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I would love to do something like this one day, just a matter of motivation. I plan on having a large open plan detailing workshop and car storage area, and an upper loft with living amenities. Off the side of the building, I want a semi enclosed space for storing my messy gardening tools away from the cleanliness of my detailing space. I would then service and repair equipment out there too. I'd also like to install an inground/flush fit scissor lift before pouring the concrete floor. Swisstrax through the detailing space and a more integrated cabinet/work bench/sink arrangement. A wash bay would also be on the wish list, either inside or outside.

My dad is a retired building estimator and designer, so I do have a foot in the door, I just need to get motivated.

I mapped this out on an Excel spreadsheet to visualize what I'm dreaming of. Maybe one day.

Make it slightly bigger and your wash bays can be inside. Just like mine will be. If I win Powerball.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

18. Likes DFB, BudgetPlan1, Tasmania liked this post
Page 1131 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 131631103110811121112211231124112511261127112811291130113111321133113411351136113711381139114011411181 ... LastLast