autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Removed the dust from the Qashqai with NV Boost, it really wasn't that bad, but I want to use it up so I can justify putting some Boost V2 in my next order, people keep talking about it. Also touched up the tyres with Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Looks great as always - always love that blue!

I just used Boost V2 last week about 24hrs after a wash. I had honestly forgotten about it but was pleasantly surprised. Very easy to use as a spray on, two towel wipe. I can't comment on durability or water behavior as the vehicle is now garaged for two weeks. I'll have to check to see how it's doing once back and assuming some fall weather has kicked-in by then.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have started my winter cleaning and prep on my little car and I did some experimenting I had been wanting to do. After my disappointing experience with a NanoSkin mitt last year I really hadn’t intended to buy any more synthetic clay products but so many people were happy with the Griot's synthetic clay I tried one a few months back. I like it and think it does a decent job. My only complaint is it feels fine on horizontal surfaces but the grip feels awkward to me on vertical surfaces. The new TRC Ultra Clay Scrubber seems to be getting popular so I decided to try one of them as well , and I figured a comparison of the 2 synthetics with some old school clay might be interesting. I used some clay from an old kit, the 2 synthetics, and various claying lubricants and I think I duplicated what most of the forum folks have found, old school clay outperforms synthetics on tougher bonded contaminants. The TRC and Griot's both worked great on lightly contaminated surfaces and the TRC was much more comfortable to me on vertical surfaces as I suspected it would be, plus I like the way they wrapped the "clay" media up one edge only so you have a safe edge when working up against trim. I used detailing sprays as well as ONR and N-914 at WW dilutions with the clay, plus diluted Hyper Wash with the synthetics and I like the feel of car soap with the synthetics better than the WW/QD solutions

I guess my takeaway here is that there is still a place in my arsenal for old school clay, and assuming they last longer than the Nanoskin mitt, I have a use for synthetics as well. If I had to choose between the Griot's and TRC offerings I would have to give the win to TRC for price and versatility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Uncbrs, SNP209, PA DETAILER, Big Dave, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A touch-free wash before C&C this morning. Once there I topped up the Pirelli's w/TWHS graphene tire dressing.

It's factory fresh for TUNING DAYWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, DFB, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I have started my winter cleaning and prep on my little car and I did some experimenting I had been wanting to do. After my disappointing experience with a NanoSkin mitt last year I really hadn’t intended to buy any more synthetic clay products but so many people were happy with the Griot's synthetic clay I tried one a few months back. I like it and think it does a decent job. My only complaint is it feels fine on horizontal surfaces but the grip feels awkward to me on vertical surfaces. The new TRC Ultra Clay Scrubber seems to be getting popular so I decided to try one of them as well , and I figured a comparison of the 2 synthetics with some old school clay might be interesting. I used some clay from an old kit, the 2 synthetics, and various claying lubricants and I think I duplicated what most of the forum folks have found, old school clay outperforms synthetics on tougher bonded contaminants. The TRC and Griot's both worked great on lightly contaminated surfaces and the TRC was much more comfortable to me on vertical surfaces as I suspected it would be, plus I like the way they wrapped the "clay" media up one edge only so you have a safe edge when working up against trim. I used detailing sprays as well as ONR and N-914 at WW dilutions with the clay, plus diluted Hyper Wash with the synthetics and I like the feel of car soap with the synthetics better than the WW/QD solutions

I guess my takeaway here is that there is still a place in my arsenal for old school clay, and assuming they last longer than the Nanoskin mitt, I have a use for synthetics as well. If I had to choose between the Griot's and TRC offerings I would have to give the win to TRC for price and versatility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok

With 2 more doors and the hatch completed I have decided to give the edge to the Griots synthetic clay rather than the TRC for a couple of reasons

The Griot’s sponge definitely takes off crap on the lower door and rocker panels that the TRC sponge won’t remove

The other is very subjective but even with the awkwardness I perceive on lower vertical surfaces the Griots sponge seems to “stick” to the paint more than the TRC sponge and to me it has much more tactile feedback, which I consider vital in any claying process

The TRC sponge skipped over crap that the Griots subsequently removed and I didn’t even feel what it missed until the panel was dried and baggy tested

After I did the baggy test and went back over the same area with the Griot’s sponge I could easily detect most of the contaminants the TRC sponge missed, and with the Griots sponge I could get most of them off, and then get the stragglers with the actual clay

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned the engine compartment on the Jaguar. For the interior, applied the Geist Leather preservative, (Step 2) to the seats.

9. Likes chilly, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    Cleaned the engine compartment on the Jaguar. For the interior, applied the Geist Leather preservative, (Step 2) to the seats.
    How Geist part IIWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

1) Clean using Rapid Cleaner

2) Leather Conditioner

3) Dye and Friction Blocker

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    What were your thoughts on the preservative?

Post Thanks / Like

Non-slippery, matte finish, supple. So far, so good. Next up is the Dye and friction blocker this coming weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

What are you guys talking about here?

Page 1094 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 94594994104410841085108610871088108910901091109210931094109510961097109810991100110111021103110411441194 ... LastLast