autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    The water at the new house seems much softer than our old well water based on lack of mineral deposits on faucets, etc although I haven't actually tested it to see

We are on a small community water system and the house has a good sized whole house filter system

I checked the filter after about 4 1/2 months and it was absolutely clean, although that certainly doesn't have anything to do with hardness
    Kinetico sells in all sorts of places! I can highly recommend them. Soft water makes the difference from washing the car to cooking to just simply being able to drink from your tap comfortably and pitching a water pitcher or filter. Grew up with it, and it was the first thing I missed when I moved out of my parents. Didn't have it for about 8 years and man is it good to be back.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

2. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Kinetico sells in all sorts of places! I can highly recommend them. Soft water makes the difference from washing the car to cooking to just simply being able to drink from your tap comfortably and pitching a water pitcher or filter. Grew up with it, and it was the first thing I missed when I moved out of my parents. Didn't have it for about 8 years and man is it good to be back.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    I will check it out and thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    They have been good, thanks for asking...

I am enjoying the garage and the driveway finally got paved about 3 weeks ago so that's a real plus

Opie checked on me a while back because I had been off the forum for so long and I will tell you what I told him

I got a VERY mean PM last spring from a fairly new member who went off on me for...

1) hogging the "what did you do today regarding non-detailing" thread (as if that's possible)

2) showing off and bragging about my new house in the above mentioned thread

3) saying something negative about Mike Phillips

I was absolutely floored to be attacked like that by someone I don't know and had never even had harsh words with

I wasn't going to dignify the idiot with a response and I simply deleted the PM and chalked it up to experience

But

It came at a time when there was also a LOT of political rancor on the forum and both together just caused me to take a self imposed time out

I enjoy the forum 99% of the time and normally have a pretty thick skin but it was just too much

I really appreciated Opie reaching out to me and I appreciate you asking about the house

I am trying to ease back in to the forum but I am still a bit gun shy
    Wow. Sorry I took so long to get back to this; I read on the forum all the time but do most of my replying during my lunch break so I can use a keyboard.

Did I say wow? Wow.

I'm glad respected others chimed in with great input and thoughts that match my own. I never took any of your house posts as boastful; if I was in your position I'd be sharing with the gang as well!

Glad to see you're back posting - come hang out with your friends and we'll all ignore the noise together.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I liked the posts on your new house, how often does someone get to do what you were doing. You're allowed to be excited about something like that. And it's not like you were posting about how perfect everything was going.

Being jealous can be embarrassing, why it was done in private I suppose.
    Hard not to see it as a jealousy thing. I'm sorry, if you can't accept that other people are in different positions than you in life, that's on you (meaning the PM'ing member). We have customers at work I'm friends with that can and will go out and spend cubic yards of dollars on racing/car stuff in a way that I literally can't comprehend.

One time I was conversing with a coworker in the back area of the shop once because I was going back and forth on snow tire options for my daily driver (which sees probably 12k miles a year on snow tires), going back and forth if it was worth the $200-$300 more to go with the fancy ones again vs the budget snows I ended up going with (knowing my time with the car was wrapping up).
    It then occurred to me, I was leaning on a stack of race wheels and tires worth probably $2500+, and those tires would only be used for a couple weekends. I realized what was happening, mentioned that to my coworker. Pointed to my name tag on my uni and said "Yup, Peasant".

But here's the thing. I'm friends with the guy because he's the nicest guy, is never boastful about anything, and always looks forward to sharing whatever he can. He's also earned his place through hard work and sacrifices of his own.

I bring all this up not to be like "Woe is me!", but just that you've gotta accept folks are in different situations. Let the record show it's not like I'm out on the street selling diluted interior cleaner samples just trying to pay my bills; things are just fine, I just happen to be... thrifty. (I don't like cheap, it sounds so... cheap. )

5. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Wow. Sorry I took so long to get back to this; I read on the forum all the time but do most of my replying during my lunch break so I can use a keyboard.

Did I say wow? Wow.

I'm glad respected others chimed in with great input and thoughts that match my own. I never took any of your house posts as boastful; if I was in your position I'd be sharing with the gang as well!

Glad to see you're back posting - come hang out with your friends and we'll all ignore the noise together.

Hard not to see it as a jealousy thing. I'm sorry, if you can't accept that other people are in different positions than you in life, that's on you (meaning the PM'ing member). We have customers at work I'm friends with that can and will go out and spend cubic yards of dollars on racing/car stuff in a way that I literally can't comprehend.

One time I was conversing with a coworker in the back area of the shop once because I was going back and forth on snow tire options for my daily driver (which sees probably 12k miles a year on snow tires), going back and forth if it was worth the $200-$300 more to go with the fancy ones again vs the budget snows I ended up going with (knowing my time with the car was wrapping up).
    It then occurred to me, I was leaning on a stack of race wheels and tires worth probably $2500+, and those tires would only be used for a couple weekends. I realized what was happening, mentioned that to my coworker. Pointed to my name tag on my uni and said "Yup, Peasant".

But here's the thing. I'm friends with the guy because he's the nicest guy, is never boastful about anything, and always looks forward to sharing whatever he can. He's also earned his place through hard work and sacrifices of his own.

I bring all this up not to be like "Woe is me!", but just that you've gotta accept folks are in different situations. Let the record show it's not like I'm out on the street selling diluted interior cleaner samples just trying to pay my bills; things are just fine, I just happen to be... thrifty. (I don't like cheap, it sounds so... cheap. )
    Thanks

All the good vibes from the core group have meant a lot

I’m trying to get caught up on what’s new

It’s amazing how much stuff can change in a short amount of time

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After days of rain it was time for the FNW once again, it's been a while and after back to back 11 hr days, it was MY time What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Started out with a pre-wash from the IK Foam Pro 12 w/3 oz of Nv Snow and 1 oz of DIY Detail Incredible Suds (love this combo) and because of it being "legit" dirty, it needed itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Dried it off, wiped down the engine bay and vac'd the d/s footwell REAL good, love my Worx mini vacWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now it's time to head home...the longer way though, it's beautiful out right now What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a bottle of Gyeon Bathe+ that's been sitting on the shelf for a few years, still more than half full, so I've been waiting for an overcast day, as per instructions, to try it out and see if it's still any good. The FJ wasn't very dirty, we'd had some very light rain a couple of nights ago, so most of what was there was gone with the initial rinse.

All the surfaces are very well coated so I wiped the silver bumper knobs with Carpro Eraser, to see if I could observe any change to the water behaviour after washing. Interestingly, beading wasn't very prominent on the knobs after washing and rinsing, but water sheeting behaviour was improved. As a wash, the lubricity is nowhere near Reset levels, maybe due to age, but I can't remember what it was like before.

I did a section at a time, washing ability seemed fine, I did have a couple of bird bombs to remove, and no effort was required to remove them. I didn't notice any streaking left behind after rinsing or while drying. I used my big Gyeon Silk Drying towel, no drying aid.

Came up nice and glossy, which it was before, but I really liked how it looked on the black wheels, nice gloss, no streaks. I have seen some cloudiness after using some dedicated wheel cleaners before. Worst case, I'll keep it to use on my wheels.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

11. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, chilly, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today was my g/f's Cruze's turn for a wash. I decided to use DIY Detail RW and damn does this stuff clean! This is what the rinse bucket looked like after just washing the Cruize, once I did the tires and wheels it was BLACKWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm about to go out there to dress the tires and spray something on the paint before she goes to workWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Likes chilly, Big Dave, DFB, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Soooo...I went back out there and applied Pure:est tire dressing (one of the BEST new products for 2023) to her Continental DWS06's and them applied a coat of DG Aquawax. Kinda funny here, one product I've been using since joining AG back in Feb 2012 and another since attending Car Supplies Warehouse content creator day back from April of 2023, it's all about balance What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes chilly, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Due to the disturbance in SOUTH CARALIONA, nothing. 2 days of rain and the grass needs cut! LOL.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Soooo...I went back out there and applied Pure:est tire dressing (one of the BEST new products for 2023) to her Continental DWS06's and them applied a coat of DG Aquawax. Kinda funny here, one product I've been using since joining AG back in Feb 2012 and another since attending Car Supplies Warehouse content creator day back from April of 2023, it's all about balance What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Aqua wax Is my staple "does all!" I use it when I've even finished with LSP's to do glass and smudges hear and there. The stuff is like liquid gold!

18. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, chilly liked this post
Page 1102 of 1232 FirstFirst ... 1026021002105210921093109410951096109710981099110011011102110311041105110611071108110911101111111211521202 ... LastLast