autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seat Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seat Cleaner

I have used on my KR F150 both GG 3-in-1 Cleaners, both spray and liquid. I do use the horsehair brush to scrub the surface if not the perforated seat sections. I do the same on the steering wheel. For both cars I do the same and have no issues. Recently tried Lenox Cleaner but did nothing more than the GG products. A couple of good YouTube videos are AmmoNYC for cleaning leather and Dallas Paint and Correction. DP has tried many different products to but really using a solution of Woolite is often recommended from some car manufacturers. As to support others the use of APC or M181 and follow by a damp wipe off will return good results. IF these F150 are the older leather from the original King Ranch model do more searching. They were of excellent leather and a real pain to restore them if left and mistreated for a number of years. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the advice of Mr. Tommy, I tried Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel with a Sonax brush and I can say that the Ultima is a superb product. I used it on my leather truck seats after my mechanic left some dirt and grease smudges. My seats are now the original grey instead of the beige/grey.

Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, interior cleaner, upholstery cleaner

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should clarify, it is not the real leather like in a king ranch that I ran into issues with it is the "other" stuff. "Normal leather" that was in the f150. Just need something to get the grime out of these seats with out scrubbing for an hour per seat and not causing any damage. Just looking to see what others are using. Thanks for all the sugt and for any more that are coming.
    Bo Davenport
    Evolution Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bodavenport View Post
    Hi guys I am a part time guy who does a few cars here and there. I had a customer that was unhappy with the level of cleaning that was performed on his F150 "leather" seats. I am looking for a good cleaner that will get the grime and dirt/stains out of the seats. I have a good conditioner (I use GG conditioner) but I need a good cleaner. Preferably a spray but am open to whatever. What are the recommendation to achieve a good clean but not damage the seats? Thanks in advance.
    Here’s my process: Meguiars D101 diluted 10:1, spray onto leather seat but don’t let it sit too long. I spray the D101 then immediately use a horsehair brush to loosen all the grime, oil, and gunk. Then I mop it up with a microfiber towel. Usually I wipe down the seat after with Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer.

6. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I hate to recommend something they don't sell here, but get one of those yellow upholstery cleaning brushes. No "scrubbing". You'll thank me every time you use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner G18516 is a great OTC leather cleaner that's available everywhere and will work well for your needs. It comes in 16 oz bottle for about $7 so you can give it a try without having to buy a gallon of something g. Spray it on, scrub with a soft brush then wipe off the dislodged gunk. Wipe again with a clean, damp mf towel and apply the protectants of your choosing. Stuff works very well.

9. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you get 100 answers, I bet there will 75 different answers. But I can tell you I had great results results removing black smudges that came from the rubber feet of something my wife put on our beige leather seats with McKee's 70/30 Leather Cleaner / Conditioner and this brush:
    Leather & Vinyl Interior Scrub Brush

Good luck to you!

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bodavenport View Post
    I guess I should clarify, it is not the real leather like in a king ranch that I ran into issues with it is the "other" stuff. "Normal leather" that was in the f150. Just need something to get the grime out of these seats with out scrubbing for an hour per seat and not causing any damage. Just looking to see what others are using. Thanks for all the sugt and for any more that are coming.
    I forgot to mention to get yourself some sort of brush to agitate the cleaner to help loosen the dirt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    If you get 100 answers, I bet there will 75 different answers. But I can tell you I had great results results removing black smudges that came from the rubber feet of something my wife put on our beige leather seats with McKee's 70/30 Leather Cleaner / Conditioner and this brush:
    Leather & Vinyl Interior Scrub Brush

Good luck to you!
    I stand corrected. That's exactly the brush I'm talking about above. Easily the best thing for getting grime from within the cracks of vinyl and leather. So easy a toddler could use it. The beauty of this brush is brushes that are stiff enough to clean in cracks and in the pebble grain will cause damage if you scrub hard enough and brushes that are soft don't work, they're too soft to deep clean. This brush is like velour or something. The bristles are super stiff and short but they're so small in diameter that they don't cause any damage.

I will say, if you're a pro, have a spare because they do wear out eventually. I keep three in the trailer at all times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    I stand corrected. That's exactly the brush I'm talking about above. Easily the best thing for getting grime from within the cracks of vinyl and leather. So easy a toddler could use it. The beauty of this brush is brushes that are stiff enough to clean in cracks and in the pebble grain will cause damage if you scrub hard enough and brushes that are soft don't work, they're too soft to deep clean. This brush is like velour or something. The bristles are super stiff and short but they're so small in diameter that they don't cause any damage.

I will say, if you're a pro, have a spare because they do wear out eventually. I keep three in the trailer at all times.
    I hate that brush... The dang thing feels like you’re dry scrubbing even when you’ve saturated the seat with cleaner. And due to the dry scraping you get overkill. Horrible horrible brush. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

If you’re dealing with dirty vinyl on door panels/dashboard just use a Magic Eraser. It works many times better than that sandpaper brush.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast