autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it ok to top HD Speed with a sealant?

Mwoywod... And if I was trying to remove defects with speed and use a light cutting pad, the finish would still come out very nice with Speed? Also, I’ve never tried, but is normal finishing polish a bear to remove if you waited until the whole car was polished before removing the polish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Mwoywod... And if I was trying to remove defects with speed and use a light cutting pad, the finish would still come out very nice with Speed? Also, I’ve never tried, but is normal finishing polish a bear to remove if you waited until the whole car was polished before removing the polish?
    I remove light defects with Speed with great results. Orange/white LC flat pads, and a slower arm speed than Mwoywod was talking about when he is just using it to "shine" the paint like he said. That said, even with this combo, my paint finishes slick, glossy, and LSP ready every time.

And yes, a lot of FP's can be a pain to remove from just one panel let alone a whole car. Not all, of course.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s amazing having all of the knowledge from you guys. Thanks to everyone for sharing and making the lives of us readers more efficient.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s amazing having all of the knowledge from you guys. Thanks to everyone for sharing and making the lives of us readers more efficient.
    We all start from scratch, just like you man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I remove light defects with Speed with great results. Orange/white LC flat pads, and a slower arm speed than Mwoywod was talking about when he is just using it to "shine" the paint like he said. That said, even with this combo, my paint finishes slick, glossy, and LSP ready every time.

And yes, a lot of FP's can be a pain to remove from just one panel let alone a whole car. Not all, of course.

8. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like PaulMys said, HD speed is absolutely capable of removing defects. It utilizes non-diminishing abrasives and cuts about the same as HD Polish+

One reason I love HD Speed is because of the flexibility with it's buffing cycle. Whether you work it for 2 passes or 8 passes it's always easy to remove.

Also, if you're trying to remove light defects and swirls you can follow the advice PaulMys gave and still achieve an LSP ready finish with HD Speed.

10. Likes PaulMys, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Like PaulMys said, HD speed is absolutely capable of removing defects. It utilizes non-diminishing abrasives and cuts about the same as HD Polish+

One reason I love HD Speed is because of the flexibility with it's buffing cycle. Whether you work it for 2 passes or 8 passes it's always easy to remove.

Also, if you're trying to remove light defects and swirls you can follow the advice PaulMys gave and still achieve an LSP ready finish with HD Speed.
    Excellent point. You are always more detailed in your responses than I could ever be, but yeah.... you can work Speed almost to death and it still wipes right off.

12. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If using a black pad applying Speed for shine (not so much for correction), would you still switch pads often (6 or so per car)? Or would you only use a few, or just 1?

Post Thanks / Like

If using a black pad applying Speed for shine (not so much for correction), would you still switch pads often (6 or so per car)? Or would you only use a few, or just 1?
    If you’re using Speed with a soft black pad you are essentially “applying” it to your paint without doing any correction. No need to use 6 pads, one or two would work fine.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    If you’re using Speed with a soft black pad you are essentially “applying” it to your paint without doing any correction. No need to use 6 pads, one or two would work fine.
    Do you think this black pad application would remove a previous few month old sealant?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast