autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Building managment banned washing cars

Quote Originally Posted by kriskyk View Post
    Lol at this guy, above, gotta love Internet arm chair lawyers...

If you care that much get an attorney and get it sorted out... I've been down this path a plethora of times dealing with HOAs
    Why would I? I never agreed to something so ridiculous. I don't need an attorney. What do you do just accept every bad thing that happens to you? Don't want to make any waves right?

If you sign a contract that says you can't wash your car to most normal people that means you can't wash your car with a hose. It doesn't mean you can't even buff a little dust of with a quick detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Why didn't you include the right to breathe in there? It's very simple. They can't make rules that violate the law. They can't make rules that create a dangerous situation. Other than that, they can make all types of rules which the residents agree to when they move in. If the rules were so outlandish, as you suggest, people wouldn't live there and the rules would be amended to make them more amenable to prospective tenants. Your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does not circumvent a written contract that you willfully entered into, no matter how RIDICULOUS you find the rule. Period.
    People dont Always read the fine print. Contracts are broken and changed all the time. They are worthless prices of paper for the most part. Why do you think that is? Becuase people put things in there that legally they dont have the right to. They try to commit you to things that they legally don't have the right to.

Post Thanks / Like

The rules likely read something like "No vehicle maintenance is to be performed on the property." It probably includes some language about what is considered maintaining your vehicle. Because vehicle maintenance is rather vague, it can encompass just about anything they'd like it to.

If you'd like I can direct you to a few websites that can cover basic contract law for you. Yes, contracts are broken all the time. That's what court is for. And, yes, a contract can be changed at the behest of either party but a new contract would have to be entered into by both parties. Breaking and changing a contract by one party only is what is referred to as breach of contract is generally renders a two party contract null and void.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by howardm4 View Post
    I respectfully submit you don’t understand 'small town' (condo Assoc included) politics and personalities.

99% of the time, condo people are bored busybodies who just love to apply their limited 'power' and throw their weight around.
    It doesn't just happen in a small town. The politicians in associations are often the lowest form of human life. These are people who have no life, have no respect and are just out to flagellate their own diminished egos. They are totally divorced from the terms, "reasonable" and "practical."

Post Thanks / Like

Condo association bylaws are enforceable. Most of them ban vehicle maintenance, commercial vehicles, trucks or vans with ladder racks or lettering, boat and trailer parking etc

Some ban parking regular pickups and leaving garbage cans out and anything else under the sun that someone finds distracting or an eyesore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by georgeallen1 View Post
    I've been looking to get a new waterless wash and was wondering what dilution you are using the Uber at? I've been seeing conflicting opinions where people are saying using a "rinseless wash product" isn't as effective as a "true waterless wash" product such as Ultima. I would be using it between weekly rinseless to clean water spotting, pollen, tree and bird droppings like you showed...

Confused where the line is drawn between a QD and Waterless....
    3oz. WG Uber Concentrate per 1 gallon of water for waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Same w/ Ultima. Those directions are 0.5oz per 22oz water which I translate to 0.75 per 32 approx (since I use a 32oz bottle) and that is 3oz per gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have time to read this whole thread, but I see there has been some discussion of the definition of "washing".

The other winter we were looking here in NJ like we were going to be into water restrictions come spring (last spring...I think in the fall we had been in a "drought watch" and the next step came the lawn watering and car washing prohibitions). Anyway, the "car washing" statement was so vague, I actually emailed the state pleading with them to modify the language to allow rinseless and waterless washing and explained what those were and how little water they used...of course, I never heard anything back.

State water authorities and HOA's are not going to parse washing down into 3 categories...when these are people who have never washed a car. My friend moved to a condo place a few years ago, the rules say "no car repairs" or something vague like that...does checking your oil, replacing windshield wipers, fall into the banned category? They also have a no car washing policy, however they have a dedicated area with a hose spigot for washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I didn't have time to read this whole thread, but I see there has been some discussion of the definition of "washing".

The other winter we were looking here in NJ like we were going to be into water restrictions come spring (last spring...I think in the fall we had been in a "drought watch" and the next step came the lawn watering and car washing prohibitions). Anyway, the "car washing" statement was so vague, I actually emailed the state pleading with them to modify the language to allow rinseless and waterless washing and explained what those were and how little water they used...of course, I never heard anything back.

State water authorities and HOA's are not going to parse washing down into 3 categories...when these are people who have never washed a car. My friend moved to a condo place a few years ago, the rules say "no car repairs" or something vague like that...does checking your oil, replacing windshield wipers, fall into the banned category? They also have a no car washing policy, however they have a dedicated area with a hose spigot for washing.
    There was a water ban in my town last summer. I still washed my car with my pressure washer every weekend nobody did anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    3oz. WG Uber Concentrate per 1 gallon of water for waterless wash.
    I tried waterless last weekend as you recommended. It works really well. I now know how you got the dirty towels in that other thread. LOL.

My towels were always clean because I rinsed off that dirt before the towels hit the paint to dry it.

I see the merits of waterless and rinseless now very clearly. Since I am not water-restricted it is easier to "waste" water. The next time we have severe drought restrictions I now know there is a way around it. Thanks.

11. Likes Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast