autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can someone help me understand the Klasse paradox?

Quote Originally Posted by jonw440 View Post
    Lets see if these wiz bang super modern products stand the test of time(30+ years) as Klasse. just sayin..........
    just because something has been out a long time, doesn’t mean it’s the best or works. While I’m sure there are better, when I use blackfire sealant and let it sit overnight it wipes off like nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see if these wiz bang super modern products stand the test of time(30+ years) as Klasse. just sayin..........
    Klasse is rebranded Carlack 68, the legacy line of Carlack in Europe. They still peddle it because it costs them zero in R&D costs, the same as Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell Paste Wax peddled here in the green bottle and tin.

Carlack COMPLETE 1000ml Lackreiniger fürs Auto - CAR-LACK Shop

They also have a line called Carlack Excellence which is more akin to what we see here from AG with respect to modern chemicals and processes applied to modern clearcoat paints.

Homepage carlack - CAR-LACK Shop

You know, they still sell Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell Paste Wax which is the same vintage as the Klasse product here in the US but I don't see it for sale on AGO for a reason. There are probably people out there who go to Wal-Mart or their local auto parts store and still buy that stuff and deal with the same difficulties of removing it. It is all they know. If they were here in the forums do you think they might be tempted to try something a little more modern? Just sayin......

No, seriously, the products available today are like comparing your latest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy phone to rotary dial phones or cellular bricks of the past. Sure they might still work in their application space. I still see people using old flip-phones, too, because they like the mechanical buttons or something but there are better products out there. I'm not really sure why someone doesn't avail themselves to modern technology whenever possible. It is usually cheaper/faster/better in most respects.

Compare Klasse AIO to Speed or 360. IMO, no comparison if you care about how flexible, forgiving and easy both Speed and 360 are to use. Klasse is anything but forgiving, violate any of the finicky requirements of Klasse and you are in for an experience, all of it negative.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't really mean anything other then it has a name brand that the masses recognize. Like Armor-all, been around forever but its far from the best product to use. Spam has been around since before World War 2. Does that mean I'm going to buy a can of Spam tonight instead of a nice Prime Ribeye?

Post Thanks / Like

@OP:
    I’m personally finding it difficult trying
    to justify your point of contention.

As such:

•Following the Klasse HGSG application,
    there is a “waiting period”—a period of
    time in which the product hazes/dries.
    {aka: residue(s)}

-NOTE: The above process is no different
    from the process that is inherent to, at the
    very least, several hundred other LSPs.

•IMO:
    -Being that Klasse HGSG is a Sealant:
    The removal of its hazed/dried-up residue
    by means of a towel—a towel that’s been
    wetted with water, no less—is not beneficial
    to its longevity.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    +1

If you are on this forum and have access to all of the modern methods, products, techniques, advice and wisdom here, why would you ever think about using something so antiquated when there are so many products out there that are so easy to use, trouble free, varying temp/humidity tolerant and provide similar or better results?
    That's the way I feel about CQ UK. I bought it and never used it. There are way more posts on this forum about what a pain it is and how finicky it is than how great and easy to use it is. I gave up on Klasse years ago.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    that doesn't really mean anything other then it has a name brand that the masses recognize. Like armor-all, been around forever but its far from the best product to use. Spam has been around since before world war 2. Does that mean i'm going to buy a can of spam tonight instead of a nice prime ribeye?
    lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    @OP:
    I’m personally finding it difficult trying
    to justify your point of contention.

As such:

•Following the Klasse HGSG application,
    there is a “waiting period”—a period of
    time in which the product hazes/dries.
    {aka: residue(s)}

-NOTE: The above process is no different
    from the process that is inherent to, at the
    very least, several hundred other LSPs.

•IMO:
    -Being that Klasse HGSG is a Sealant:
    The removal of its hazed/dried-up residue
    by means of a towel—a towel that’s been
    wetted with water, no less—is not beneficial
    to its longevity.

Bob
    +1

Agree with this logic.

Did I say that?

Anyway, I agree that using water is probably not good for the protection, durability and duration thereof.

Post Thanks / Like

KSG has long been a source of conversation in the forum. I think the member's forum name is, KlasseAct? He has the answers for you. Yes, put it on very lightly (make the KSG spray if you prefer), do a very small section at a time, wipe off with a wet microfiber towel. In south Texas, it's easy to apply in the winter- in summer, it's brutal. Do not let it dry, do not let it "cure" for 8 hours. I use it, I just did my daughter's Ford Edge and it's a killer product.

10. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    +1

If you are on this forum and have access to all of the modern methods, products, techniques, advice and wisdom here, why would you ever think about using something so antiquated when there are so many products out there that are so easy to use, trouble free, varying temp/humidity tolerant and provide similar or better results?
    I used to ask newbs what in the product blurb drew them to Klasse, when there are so many easier-to-use products? I don't think I ever got a consensus reason, though.

Don't I remember you from Autopia? Klasse is a good product, I just don't know why I would steer a newb to that product when I could steer them to something much easier. The WOWA sealants have 11 years under their belts...and Collinite surely at least 30.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12