autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Favorite Waterless Wash

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • McKee's 37 N-914

39 27.08%
  • Optimum Opti Clean

28 19.44%
  • Griots Waterless Spray-On Car Wash

5 3.47%
  • McKee's 37 Waterless Wash

12 8.33%
  • Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+

57 39.58%
  • Chemical Guys EcoSmart

4 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Waterless Wash

I wasn't completely sure about ONR leaving something behind because it's been forever since I've used it and also the fact that there's ONR wash and wax too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I wasn't completely sure about ONR leaving something behind because it's been forever since I've used it and also the fact that there's ONR wash and wax too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It doesn't leave much but it is something to consider. ONR is fantastic on interior glass though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post
    N914 leaves nothing behind. Onr does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I wasn't completely sure about ONR leaving something behind...

also the fact that there's ONR wash and wax too.
    That's my thinking regarding ONR. ONR Wash and Wax is a separate product, which clearly leaves behind a wax. ONR Wash and Shine doesn't mention any wax, sealant, or protection in any of their marketing....which, I've got to think, if it did include that, it WOULD be mentioned somewhere, if for no other reason than having another "added benefit" to the customer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    That's my thinking regarding ONR. ONR Wash and Wax is a separate product, which clearly leaves behind a wax. ONR Wash and Shine doesn't mention any wax, sealant, or protection in any of their marketing....which, I've got to think, if it did include that, it WOULD be mentioned somewhere, if for no other reason than having another "added benefit" to the customer.
    When I have used ONR, I have seen it leave behind something on paint and plastic trim when there was no beading before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post
    When I have used ONR, I have seen it leave behind something on paint and plastic trim when there was no beading before.
    Well, I stand corrected. You are correct. I just called Optimum was informed that there are polymers used for cleaning which leave a bit of a slick lubrication to enhance gloss and for the hydrophobic effect. So while it's not a wax or a sealant, it does leave behind some polymer properties.

7. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I stand corrected. You are correct. I just called Optimum was informed that there are polymers used for cleaning which leave a bit of a slick lubrication to enhance gloss and for the hydrophobic effect. So while it's not a wax or a sealant, it does leave behind some polymer properties.
    Definitely a better answer than I gave lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Glossenhancers I have heard before it leaves behind as the name shine is in the product name too. But that leaves a hydrophobic effect also I have not heard. And that makes more sense that some are experience a lower hydrophobic effect when ONR is used on a very hydrophobic surface. That is expected if the hydrophobic effect it leaves is not on par or higher but a lower hydrophobic effect than what you have already from your LSP.

Thanks for takeing your time to call them!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Glossenhancers I have heard before it leaves behind as the name shine is in the product name too. But that leaves a hydrophobic effect also I have not heard. And that makes more sense that some are experience a lower hydrophobic effect when ONR is used on a very hydrophobic surface. That is expected if the hydrophobic effect it leaves is not on par or higher but a lower hydrophobic effect than what you have already from your LSP.

Thanks for takeing your time to call them!

/ Tony
    No problem, Tony...I like to learn and my curiosity got the best of me (LOL). I also had some questions regarding Power Clean, so it was definitely worth the time and effort.

This is an interesting topic to me. I've bought several "task specific" items in the past, but lately have found myself gravitating towards ones that will perform multiple tasks. They may not be quite as effective in any specific area as a dedicated product, but they sure do take up less shelf space and cut down on overall cost.

From what I've seem, it seems that the majority of RW products perform multiple functions....mainly:

* Rinseless Wash
    * Clay Lubricant, and
    * Quick Detailer

...but only a few have mentioned *water softener, which is important to me since I do mainly hose and bucket(s) washes, and where I live we have very hard water. The only product which specifically mentioned *pad conditioner as one of their uses, though, is Blackfire Rinseless Wash. I'm not sure if the others can be used for that purpose, or even should be used for that...since priming pads with products that contain gloss enhancers, wax protection, etc., or any other ingredients that may potentially interfere with the compound or polish doesn't really sound all that ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Irony of ironies...the gentleman I spoke with today at Optimum who provided me with the info I passed along was named "Ron"

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast