autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long to wait before applying wax...?

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I'd wait for the full cure period to be over. Now, why are you doing 3 coats of sealant? I know some are fan of 2 coats but 3? I could be way off but IMO the solvents in the sealant will basically undo what you just did on the previous application. When you do 2 coats it's more for full coverage than really adding another layer. Three coats IMHO is a waste of time. The wax can be added for additional gloss but you're not getting extra protection. If I were you I'd just add the wax tonight and be done with it, skip the 3rd coat of Klasse.
    Also, wait for more expert detailers to chime in, maybe I'll learn my opinion is totally wrong
    I have used klasse sealant glaze. It was not my cup of tea. I did "research" it and read people saying that 3 was the magic number for that product as far as looks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Agree as well.

How many leather jackets do you need to wear before feeling safe on a motorcycle? Four???

Tom
    What difference does that make? A motorcycle and a jacket have zero to do with the subject. I can do the same thing

How many coats of varnish do you put on a piece of wood furniture before its finished and protected?

I can give a hint it's a lot more then 1 and my question is actually related to "coats"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
    How does the paint surface feel when doing a baggie test?
    Ah... Just read about "baggie test." I will have to get back to you on that, but water still beads like the day it was freshly detailed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E93to View Post
    Ah... Just read about "baggie test." I will have to get back to you on that, but water still beads like the day it was freshly detailed.
    If you feel no grittiness using the baggie then I’d say go ahead and wax.

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
    2017 Honda CTX700
    IG- alfaromeogiulia.palmbeach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
    If you feel no grittiness using the baggie then I’d say go ahead and wax.
    Thanks. I appreciate your input

Post Thanks / Like

How long to wait before applying wax...?

OP here... Is it mandatory to wax (Collinite 845) my car for winter? Like I posted above, my car has been driven around 2000 miles since the full detail. The car was always parked inside. It was driven once or twice per week. Car was washed every 10 days or so. The water still beads well.

Or would it be suffice to apply spray wax after every car wash during winter season?

I will barely drive this car until spring. I will take it out for a spin once in 10 days or so in order to keep the car operational. Of course, the car will only leave the garage when the road is dry, and there is no salt.

Thanks in advance

Additional info: I applied 2 coats of Klasse sealant and 1 coat of Collinite 845 in summer.

Post Thanks / Like

You will be fine with a spray wax. You haven't subjected the car to enough weather to need another coat of wax at this point imho. I would rinseless wash with uber if it were me and use the spray wax as a quick detailer after that. I put hands on my daily driver several times a week. Usually a RW with uber and then a wipe down with a "spray wax" type mix. I then usually do a quick detail with the same mix a couple other times a week after dusting the car with a duster.

I am crazy about a clean car and touch my paint more often than most....I don't get much micor-marring or swirls because my technique is solid. Just make sure the car is clean before using the spray wax. WIth a car that isn't driven a whole bunch, a rinseless or waterless is where I would be then doing the spray wax. I really do like Griot's spray wax.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    You will be fine with a spray wax. You haven't subjected the car to enough weather to need another coat of wax at this point imho. I would rinseless wash with uber if it were me and use the spray wax as a quick detailer after that. I put hands on my daily driver several times a week. Usually a RW with uber and then a wipe down with a "spray wax" type mix. I then usually do a quick detail with the same mix a couple other times a week after dusting the car with a duster.

I am crazy about a clean car and touch my paint more often than most....I don't get much micor-marring or swirls because my technique is solid. Just make sure the car is clean before using the spray wax. WIth a car that isn't driven a whole bunch, a rinseless or waterless is where I would be then doing the spray wax. I really do like Griot's spray wax.

Good Luck
    Thank you. Will get a Griot's spray wax

Post Thanks / Like

Just done some research into spray waxes. Meg's D156 and Optimum Car Wax seem to be most popular choices on this forum.

So what kind of protection can I expect from these spray waxes? I plan to drive my car once in every 10 days or so to keep it operational until spring. Of course, I will drive it when the roads are dry, and when there is no salt. However.... Sometimes there is some dusty salt powder on the roads, and my other car, which will be covered in snow/salt slush, will be parked next to this garage queen. Will either of these spray waxes offer decent protection for, say, at least 3 weeks?

My car already has 2 coats of Klasse sealant and one coat of Collinite 845 (done in July). Car was driven less than 2000 miles since then, and was always parked inside garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on what's on the car already I wouldn't worry about durability. Also, since you have KSG already why not add some to a gallon of your favorite RW or WW and make FrankenDetailer instead of buying a spray wax?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast