autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Essence extreme gloss...guess I'm the odd one out

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Essence PLUS. Completely different product.
    Essence was made to work hand in hand with their Gloss Pads. It even says so on the label.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essence extreme gloss...guess I'm the odd one out

I was having difficulty wiping it using it on a single stage. I will try it on a black base/clearcoat paint tomorrow. That is what I bought it for anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, I want to like this product based on all the great reviews but the juice needs to be worth the squeeze. I'll give the suggested techniques a go to see if removal improves. With regards to a firm foam pad I would say the LC hydro force pad in white fits the bill. I just don't want to have to start polishing between 3 different speeds while standing on one foot with all the planets aligned to get it to work. I know I'm talking extreme but just saying...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    CarPro Polishes (essence and reflect) are unique, so if you try to use them like a Menzerna or Meguiar's polish, you're going to have a bad time...

- Start with an unprimed pad. Do not prime your pad. Don't think about priming your pad.
    - Apply 4-5 small dots of product to your dry pad (you will use just 2-3 small dots after this initial section)
    - Spread the product onto your working area by dabbing the pad on the paint, or by doing a very quick pass at low speed
    - Work the product at speed 4-5 with firm, but not heavy pressure. Work slowly and make just 2 passes. At this point the product should be broken down and VERY easy to wipe away.
    - If needed, make a 3rd pass with a slower speed and no pressure, then wipe away. I would not make any more than 3 passes.
    - Clean the pad with a brush after every section.

**Essence works best on firmer polishing pads. My favorite is the Rupes yellow pad.**

I struggled with CarPro Reflect for a while until Corey coached me on how to use the product. Since then I have LOVED Essence and Reflect as they behave in the same manner. Super easy to use, super quick, excellent results.

-Zach

So I'm confused, what should I prime then pad with?

Just kidding haha. Thank you for the well laid out details. I will be receiving Essence and the tips and directions in this thread are great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Essence was made to work hand in hand with their Gloss Pads. It even says so on the label.
    Got it. I thought you were saying it was supposed to be used exclusively with gloss pads. That's the PLUS product. I read the instructions as saying you can use a gloss pad or something heavier for more cut. It finished nicely for me with a white pad. I could have tried a finishing pad as well.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    CarPro Polishes (essence and reflect) are unique, so if you try to use them like a Menzerna or Meguiar's polish, you're going to have a bad time...

- Start with an unprimed pad. Do not prime your pad. Don't think about priming your pad.
    - Apply 4-5 small dots of product to your dry pad (you will use just 2-3 small dots after this initial section)
    - Spread the product onto your working area by dabbing the pad on the paint, or by doing a very quick pass at low speed
    - Work the product at speed 4-5 with firm, but not heavy pressure. Work slowly and make just 2 passes. At this point the product should be broken down and VERY easy to wipe away.
    - If needed, make a 3rd pass with a slower speed and no pressure, then wipe away. I would not make any more than 3 passes.
    - Clean the pad with a brush after every section.

**Essence works best on firmer polishing pads. My favorite is the Rupes yellow pad.**

I struggled with CarPro Reflect for a while until Corey coached me on how to use the product. Since then I have LOVED Essence and Reflect as they behave in the same manner. Super easy to use, super quick, excellent results.

-Zach
    Thanks for the post with details Zach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 74 thing View Post
    I was having difficulty wiping it using it on a single stage. I will try it on a black base/clearcoat paint tomorrow. That is what I bought it for anyways.
    I wouldn't use it on single stage paint. The paint is probably absorbing too much of the ESSENCE causing problems.

I think that you guys having trouble with ESSENCE and using the 3401 should try it with a PC instead.

Post Thanks / Like

On a 3401 Essence works great but at no more than speed 5. Otherwise you'll find it will dry due to heat build up and then be difficult to remove. I set mine to one click below 5 and it's great.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123