autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Second guessing essence purchase

Purchased a bottle of essence. Should have done even more reading as I am now wondering if essence plus was the better option. I've got a new vehicle with some dealer installed minor marring. I am not going to coat, so maybe plus would have been better, and then top it with a spray sealant during my washes.

Thiugts on this? Worst case I buy it as well and have both. Just thinking maybe this would have been a good one step.

How well does plus fill on non coated paint?

thnaks for listening as well as your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Second guessing essence purchase

Purchased a bottle last year and was really eager to work with it. On paper it Is an amazing product. In real life, I hated every second of it. It does a really good job, the paint will look fantastic when you are done, but trying to buff that product out of the panel is an exercise in patience. You have to rub like crazy with your microfiber towel to get all this stuff out. Although my clients were really happy, I do not plan to use this product anymore. If you are not a pro and this is for your car, I think you will love the result. Just be ready to use a lot of elbow grease to clean off the panel when you are done buffing.

Essence will fill in all the scratches it is not taking out. It is supposed to last a year on it's own. I would suggest you top it off with a sealant once it has cured. Reload would be the preferred product since it is also a SiO2 based product and is fully compatible with Essence.

Post Thanks / Like

You may need both as Plus will fill only micro marring as it has no abrasives and only durable resin fillers with some protection (SIO2). Essence does have some fine abrasives and acts like a primer for CQuartz (ceramic coating).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Purchased a bottle last year and was really eager to work with it. On paper it Is an amazing product. In real life, I hated every second of it. It does a really good job, the paint will look fantastic when you are done, but trying to buff that product out of the panel is an exercise in patience. You have to rub like crazy with your microfiber towel to get all this stuff out. Although my clients were really happy, I do not plan to use this product anymore. If you are not a pro and this is for your car, I think you will love the result. Just be ready to use a lot of elbow grease to clean off the panel when you are done buffing.

Essence will fill in all the scratches it is not taking out. It is supposed to last a year on it's own. I would suggest you top it off with a sealant once it has cured. Reload would be the preferred product since it is also a SiO2 based product and is fully compatible with Essence.
    I wonder why you had so much trouble removing Essence? I know your an experienced detailer and that's why I'm puzzled. Did you use a suede towel to remove?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

I could not have had a further experience. I have gone through three bottles of Essence and it has never given me any problem. It remains the easiest product to wipe off paint next to Blackfire Wet Diamond that I have ever used. I gave away almost all my other polishes.

OP - you made a fine choice. Essence plus is more of an LSP than regular Essence is. You can top regular Essence with whatever you want. I have tried a few sealants in addition to coatings and have had no ill effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Im a weekend hack and essence is amazing. If you cant wipe if off, run over it again and lighten up on the last pass. Dont overwork it. Wipes off easy for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Essence is AMAZING...
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Essence is AMAZING...
    This! I haven't had a product I'm more in love with than essence. Only time I had difficulty removing it is when used a MF PAD and made too many passes or passes with pressure. Foam pad I could work the bejesus out of it and it wiped off easier than any polish I've ever tried.

Essence is a good primer, but also has protection built in as well. At this point I try and convince all my clients to let me use essence as my finishing polish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much. I'm assuming that essence doesn't have much cut? Is there really a reason to have plus on hand, for a "retired" detailed who now just likes his cars to look their best?

Post Thanks / Like

Essence can be used as a "cutting" compound if you have a Japanese car with super soft paint. On anything else, it's the last stage of polishing pretty much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast