autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aio showdown

Post Thanks / Like

Aio showdown

Ok so as I said before this is a longevity show down of the below AIO products. I did not test correction ability of any of these on my test hood. I will wash the panel once a week with N914 to ensure there are no added toppers to assist the contestants. The panel will sit outside 24/7 in the direct sunlight and be sprinkled on 3 times a week from my sprinkler system. I have very hard water here I'm the desert so I expect to see lots of waterspots but will be nice to see which builds up the slowest.

All lined up from left to right
    Groits finishing sealant, megs 66, megs 151, mckees 360, HD speed, carpros essence
    Aio showdown-1489450002927-jpg

All products applied

Aio showdown-1489450022984-jpg

All wiped off

Aio showdown-1489450036364-jpg

Each section sprayed twice with distilled water

Aio showdown-1489450057151-jpgAio showdown-1489450061337-jpgAio showdown-1489450066867-jpgAio showdown-1489450071741-jpgAio showdown-1489450074846-jpgAio showdown-1489450077621-jpg

I bought finishing sealant and HD speed just for this test so I have never used these two products until today.

Groits finishing sealant-great thickness when on with no issues and had an average working time and wiped off effortlessly​

Megs 66- my first tried and trusted AIO. Watery, went on with no issues and wipe off way effortless (not always the case)

Megs 151- still my favorite texture, not watery and not as thick as griots, goes on great, has an above average working time and as always wipes off with no issues.

Mckees 360- has the same characteristics​ as megs 151 but not as thick but not as watery as 66. Is supposed to last 6 months (hope it's true)

HD speed- seems to be all the rage on the boards today and I will say the grey color surprised me at first but it was a good thickness and went on easy with very easy wipe off. Now I did notice that a little goes a long way with this and it has an above average working time.

Essence- my current go to AIO, not as watery as 66 but not as thick as any of the others, closer to mckees 360 in texture. Easy on easy off but one thing I did notice was when I went to apply the painters tape to label each section that the tape did not want to stick to the essence section.

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aio showdown

HD speed and mckees AIO 360 and the most consistent beading very very similar, I would not be able to tell which was which just off the beading. Very circular and consistent in size

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    one thing I did notice was when I went to apply the painters tape to label each section that the tape did not want to stick to the essence section.
    I'm surprised the tape stuck to any of the sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I tugged at the tapes that I could on the other sections to see if they would come off after seeing the tape wouldn't really stick to essence. But they all stood their ground

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank's for taking the time to do this test for us Cruz!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to do this, looking forward to the end results

Post Thanks / Like

I need to get more test hoods, this poor things is spent and I want to test so many things that once hood doesn't last long. instead of garden gnomes, ill have a yard or garden hoods..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to continued updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I need to get more test hoods, this poor things is spent and I want to test so many things that once hood doesn't last long. instead of garden gnomes, ill have a yard or garden hoods..lol
    Seriously, I've been thinking of that myself. In my little "back yard" since it doesn't get used for anything anyway. But i don't have the money to set it up how I want. Picture a bunch of square panels sitting on saw horses /tables. Various paint types and various products on each panel. I want to have like 20 such panels lined up like solar panels in the desert!! haha.... if I win the lotto, I'll do it.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, I was thinking the same thing but have them leaned up on stakes spread out across the yard..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Looking to get a good AIO.. I'm leaning towards that HD speed or the CG V4 AIO Polish. I see HD speed gets a lot of love and good reviews, but what about the CG V4 any good?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast