autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

rupes abrasive technology???

do they use diminishing abrasives or micro abrasives in thier polishes? also so i dont have to make a second thread what does griots use in thier boss polishes? im pretty sure griots says sub micron abrasives that i assume don't diminish?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: rupes abrasive technology???

cant go wrong with rupes since they sell small quantities cheap, even if you dont use it ur only out thirteen bucks

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Rupes uses both types.

Really, really nice polishes, regardless of abrasive orientation.

Over all, I find them to be high performance, and leave me a better finish than just about anything I've used to date.

Mike Phillips

Too notch abrasive technology in both brands.

I would use both brands on black paintcand recommend both brands to others to use on black paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Too notch abrasive technology in both brands.

I would use both brands on black paintcand recommend both brands to others to use on black paint.

thanks mike, here's my car a couple weeks after a recent detail. it was about to rain so no sun. i used the regular correction cream then the rupes diamond ultrafine.

im going to do the beige one next im just waiting for half decent weather it will only be the second car ive worked on.

Post Thanks / Like

The griots boss do not break down like diminishing you are correct. This is a beautiful thing when you are compounding as you always have full cut through your entire pass.

Diminishing finish really well due to the abrasives breaking down finer as they go, however the griots creams finish down very very well. On light colors I use a microfiber pad and the FCC and can one step it most of the time. Darker colors you will want a final polish of course for the ultimate look

Post Thanks / Like

From what i have heard Rupes polishes are mix of smat and dat and with zephir gloss you can extend your set with water, it works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    From what i have heard Rupes polishes are mix of smat and dat and with zephir gloss you can extend your set with water, it works great.
    cool i used the griots medium compound last time then went straight to the rupes ultrafine. this time im going to use the zephir gloss before the ultrafine and im expecting ill get better results. i kinda skipped a step last time. my problem is i hate waiting between details and i only work on my car right now so i over do it. i figure its not that big a deal since ninty percent of the time im using a finishing polish. i only used heavy compound once, i gotta start doing some other cars though