autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In one corner you have Wolfgang, in the other you have Optimum...let's get ready to rumble!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    It will pull, what I think are the gloss enhancers into the sponge and turn it black and it becomes unusable for me.

Ill put the sponge in a bucket of it tonight and take a pic.
    And it only takes 1 night to happen? Interesting, looking forward to seeing the results.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: In one corner you have Wolfgang, in the other you have Optimum...let's get ready to rumble!!

It might take 2 or 3, Ill post progress pics.

Post Thanks / Like

No rush. It's worth the wait if it would present a new factor that's never been brought up.

Sent from my iPhone

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I too am interested in the results! Never heard of that happening before but as I'm just starting to get more seriously into detailing and haven't yet thought about storing ONRWW in the bucket to use for multiple washes. But I'm not a pro, so I don't know if it'd be beneficial for me to store it for weeks at a time...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Boy, that's a loaded question. Of course Optimum makes top shelf products...I also think it could be easily argued that everything sold here at AG is a top shelf product...the washouts are usually dropped.

IMO detailing products are so good today that it's hard to make a bad choice with anything. As far as the price difference with Wolfgang, there are frequently good sales either here or at the Wolfgang site, see link at the bottom of the page.
    pretty much my thoughts exactly

Post Thanks / Like

Can you give us an update?

Post Thanks / Like

The sponge has been in clean solution for a few days without it turning color, but squeezing it there does appear feel different. It is possible that it became dirtier because it was in a bucket with used solution, or from using it after it had been soaking for a while. Its just been too cold to wash my vehicles.

The one time I wanted it to change color....

I usually have to hit it with power clean or soak it in a bucket of 114, but since that is hard to come by now, its saved lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. And yea it figures... Certain things pick the worst time not to work. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

I went from washing 2 or 3 vehicles once or twice a week to washing one vehicle maybe once a week. So when it was warmer out the sponge was getting much dirtier much faster, apparantly it is the dirt being pulled off the vehicle and getting stuck into the sponge. If the sponge is cleaned after each use it wont build up like this, but soaking it in WG or any of the other polymer based rinseless washes with gloss enhancers will do it, except ONRWW, the sponge stays fine in it.

This was after soaking in a clean solution for a couple days from this thread.

This was today after about 4 vehicle washes

The sponge will continue to get blacker and blacker and washing a panel I can see something being smeared on it, compared to a new solution with a clean sponge.

Its probably a good problem to have, means the polymers are encapsulating pretty well, I suppose.

The only notable thing I can come up with why ONR wont attract dirt into the sponge like this is Yvaan said ONR has zwinewicker (spelling I know, some chemistry mumbo jumbo, ), essentially the solution pushes particles away from eachother, why dirt settles in the bottom of ONR and makes it safe to use 1 bucket. It must push the dirt away from the sponge as well, who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

The only notable thing I can come up with who knows.
    The notable thing I come up with is that crusty blue lid you're using for your rinseless bucket... I bet it's twice as bad on the inside isn't it? And you wonder why the sponge winds up getting dirty on its own.. Lol. Just kidding man.In one corner you have Wolfgang, in the other you have Optimum...let's get ready to rumble!!

Well it looks legit. Thanks for the update. I wonder how Megs D114 would fare on keeping the sponge clean since it does really well keeping microfiber towels from staining and superb at releasing dirt. That's a funky looking sponge.. I suppose it's well engineered and works well, but it sure doesn't look like it'd be the safest thing to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast