autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wash and Wax Shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Not to be mean, but if you think Mr. Pink is awesome, there is a lot--and I mean A LOT--better soaps for you to discover and enjoy.
    I'm not taking it that way in any sense. Care to elaborate though if you have some time? I see the post for other soaps within the CG line, but here are some that I have tried and to me haven't come close to Mr. Pink when I bust out the foam cannon, do a two bucket wash, or a combo:

- Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
    - DP's extreme foam
    - Megs Gold Class
    - Dodo basics of bling
    - Poorboys Super Slick & Suds

My bottle of Mr. Pink is almost done, so please fire away to share what you think is better. At this point it's mostly for maintenance washes when I can't do rinse less, and something not intended to strip LSP.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

As a spanner for your collective works.... the majority of wash and 'wax' products contain no wax at all. The majority simply use surface modifying surfactants which temporarily adhere to the surface and give water beading. Unfortunately, this is the norm and I would hazard to suggest that most customer facing representatives (who generally have no chemistry background, inspite of what they may tell you) couldn't give you a truthful answer because they won't even be aware of the distinction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    As a spanner for your collective works.... the majority of wash and 'wax' products contain no wax at all. The majority simply use surface modifying surfactants which temporarily adhere to the surface and give water beading. Unfortunately, this is the norm and I would hazard to suggest that most customer facing representatives (who generally have no chemistry background, inspite of what they may tell you) couldn't give you a truthful answer because they won't even be aware of the distinction.
    How did you get this information?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natewood70 View Post
    I'm not taking it that way in any sense. Care to elaborate though if you have some time? I see the post for other soaps within the CG line, but here are some that I have tried and to me haven't come close to Mr. Pink when I bust out the foam cannon, do a two bucket wash, or a combo:

- Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
    - DP's extreme foam
    - Megs Gold Class
    - Dodo basics of bling
    - Poorboys Super Slick & Suds

My bottle of Mr. Pink is almost done, so please fire away to share what you think is better. At this point it's mostly for maintenance washes when I can't do rinse less, and something not intended to strip LSP.
    Try Duragloss 901/902. It suds extremely well. Lusso Oro is another good one. I can't believe you didn't like Pinnacle Body-Work. I love how fast it rinsed. 901/902 has excellent gloss enhancers.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Any of Meguiars soaps work well with my CG foam lance. The deep crystal is the cheapest of their off the shelf soaps. Gold class is silky feeling to me and I like the wash and wax as the Megs wash and wax has a small amount of wax for added protection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spielwurfel View Post
    How did you get this information?
    My company is a manufacturer of automotive products, based in the UK. The information I gave is very well known to anyone who would formulate products in this sector.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    My company is a manufacturer of automotive products, based in the UK. The information I gave is very well known to anyone who would formulate products in this sector.
    Nice to know, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spielwurfel View Post
    Based solely on price and easiness to obtain in my region, I was looking at either Meguiars and Chemical Guys. Are these reasonably good products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use the CG "extreme body wash + wax" it's like $18 a gallon on Amazon. I use it with a foam cannon. I feel it works great. One thing to note...DO NOT let it air dry. Water spots galore. How I combat this: use just plain hose for final rise so it sheets, I use a rubber blade (just on glass), then use a powerful leaf blower. Then immediately use a spray on wax with clean microfiber. 1 to dry 1 for spray on wax, every panel I use a new side of the folded microfiber.

double thumbin' it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    We all know Meguiar's produces top notch products.

IMO, I will take Meguiar's over Chemical guys any day of the week. Twice on Sunday's.
    Totally agree..... no contest.....

Also, I've used the wash w/wax products and find there is a benefit.

No, it is NOT a replacement for separate products, but, for maintenance washes especially where time and or energy is a factor, I definitely recommend the wash w/wax products from Meguiar's et al..... but, not so much CG stuff.

Meguiar's Gold class and Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax are very good for the $ and available locally.
    --Shagnat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast