autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Detailers Checklist - Full and Part Timers / Weekend Warriors 2 !!

Let’s just start a thread based on everyone’s opinion on doing a "FULL DETAIL"

Explain the process using the three below cars. Products used…Whatever

The #1 Vehicle has moderate to light blemishes and a dusty, but not trashed interior.

The #2 Vehicle has been through a swirl-o-matic and the interior is scuffed, carpets stained, and the leather is poor poor poor....

The #3 vehicle is 3 weeks old and has pretty easy interior cleanup.

Explain your processes using #1,#2,#3 and tell me your combo from the tip-top of your head and we'll see everyone’s aspect of "DETAILING"

Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to get heated......

Post Thanks / Like
    PERFECT!

Thanks for this. This will help a lot of "members" on what a detail truly is. Thanks for the time you took to build and post this. It's a lot more constructive.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blk45 View Post
    This is going to get heated......
    There is no need for it to be, everyone has their own opinion, own process, and I think sharing that with others is what helps us all learn and grow with our details. Keep it friendly please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    There is no need for it to be, everyone has their own opinion, own process, and I think sharing that with others is what helps us all learn and grow with our details. Keep it friendly please.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

That's all I can say.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    1st Car
    Engine- is fully degreased, AA or a protectand is applyed to the engine. Car is turned on and runs for about 5-8 minutes. A thourough inspection is done after this step. If any spots are missed or were not cleaned in that process, they are done by hand with my favorite product megs 40.

Exterior- Wheels, tires, wheel wells are fully degreased. The car is fully washed. I like dp 4-1 rinless wash the best. Car is clayed.The paint doesnt look in to bad of condtion, so mabe a light polish or something xmt 360 could take care of. Then a sealent or wax is applied. I like sig ser II. The wheel wells are dressed. Along with any other plastic pannels that look to need dressing. The wheels are cleaned and tires are dressed. All windows are cleaned. All polishable parts are polished. All door jams and nooks will be cleaned

Interior- Dash and wall pannels are white down with a mf to get rid of all the dust. If needed they are sprayed with megs. all purpose cleaner and scrubbed with a soft brush and white dry with a mf. They are then coated with megs 40. This product is great because you can control the gloss. The interior is then vacumed. The rubber floor mats are removed, degreased and hosed off. The carpets are cleaned with Blue Coral carpet cleaner..love this stuff...then a quick vacume to remove and residue. All windows are cleaned. The seats are also vacumed, cleaned and conditioned.

Engine- Same as 1st car

Paint- Same as car 1...butthe paint on this car is going to need a little tlc. I would use rotary with cutting pad, and megs fine cut. I would then use megs 2.0 swirl remover with a polishing pad. Sig Ser II. Wool pad would be used if needed. last resort though.

Interior- Same as car 1.

Engine- Same as car 1-2

Paint-Same as car 1-2 but i would use xmt 360 with a cutting pad and sig ser II to really make that pearl pop. Tires will get a little more tire shine, being a nicer car.

Interior- Dust away dash and pannels, and apply megs 40. All plastic is cleaned. Vacumed and carpets cleaned.

Im sure i forgot a few odds and ends but you get the idea

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    I know there is no need for it, but judging by the way that the other threads have gone, it's just a matter of time before this one does the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blk45 View Post
    I know there is no need for it, but judging by the way that the other threads have gone, it's just a matter of time before this one does the same.
    No it wont, its over. Nothing more to say about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottgt View Post
    1st Car
    Engine- is fully degreased, AA or a protectand is applyed to the engine. Car is turned on and runs for about 5-8 minutes. A thourough inspection is done after this step. If any spots are missed or were not cleaned in that process, they are done by hand with my favorite product megs 40.

Exterior- Wheels, tires, wheel wells are fully degreased. The car is fully washed. I like dp 4-1 rinless wash the best. Car is clayed.The paint doesnt look in to bad of condtion, so mabe a light polish or something xmt 360 could take care of. Then a sealent or wax is applied. I like sig ser II. The wheel wells are dressed. Along with any other plastic pannels that look to need dressing. The wheels are cleaned and tires are dressed. All windows are cleaned. All polishable parts are polished. All door jams and nooks will be cleaned

Interior- Dash and wall pannels are white down with a mf to get rid of all the dust. If needed they are sprayed with megs. all purpose cleaner and scrubbed with a soft brush and white dry with a mf. They are then coated with megs 40. This product is great because you can control the gloss. The interior is then vacumed. The rubber floor mats are removed, degreased and hosed off. The carpets are cleaned with Blue Coral carpet cleaner..love this stuff...then a quick vacume to remove and residue. All windows are cleaned. The seats are also vacumed, cleaned and conditioned.

Engine- Same as 1st car

Paint- Same as car 1...butthe paint on this car is going to need a little tlc. I would use rotary with cutting pad, and megs fine cut. I would then use megs 2.0 swirl remover with a polishing pad. Sig Ser II. Wool pad would be used if needed. last resort though.

Interior- Same as car 1.

Engine- Same as car 1-2

Paint-Same as car 1-2 but i would use xmt 360 with a cutting pad and sig ser II to really make that pearl pop. Tires will get a little more tire shine, being a nicer car.

Interior- Dust away dash and pannels, and apply megs 40. All plastic is cleaned. Vacumed and carpets cleaned.

Im sure i forgot a few odds and ends but you get the idea
    Scott that looks like a great plan. This is the format that I'm looking for when responding to this thread.

Thanks Scott !!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do most of mine similar to your number two.
    • APC/ Pressure Wash: engine bay, cowl, wheel wells, wheels, door jambs, and around the trunk. Its called "Pressure Washer Lazy Disease"
    • Rinse vehicle with pressure washer. Blast the trim and edges.
    • Wash with soap . Soon to be foam gun. Erick let me use his and I am SOLD!
    • Quick Rinse
    • Clay bar, usually with soapy water.
    • Rinse with low pressure hose to flood the gaps.
    • Dry with water blade and synthetic shamos.
    • Spray carpets with APC. Brush to lift heavy dirt. Vacuum. Wipe with terry cloths to remove diry that mixes with the APC.
    • Full wipe down with APC.
    • Roll windows down partially, clean the top. Roll up windows and clean the rest.
    • Inside is done.
    • Start paint process.
    • Klasse Sealant or Meguair's depending on color and how much the customer is willing to spend.
    • Tire and Trim Shine
    • Clean outside glass
    • Collect Check

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast