autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss product definitive guide

I've been reading a bunch of good things here on AGO about Duragloss products. Their number system/usage takes a bit to get use to and understand. (At least to me.) I'm looking for a definitive user guide to their product line up. Thanks for helping this Geeker out!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss product definitive guide

I just used these products this evening to quickly detail, wash and wax my black ride... Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax, no rinse car wash, rinseless auto wash and your choice of wash mitt and good quality microfiber towels from this page Car Care Microfiber Towels, Microfiber dusters and microfiber Detailing tools for my washing and drying process. As a quick addition to that step you can use the same wash solution to clay the vehicle, clay or clay sponge or the like. This is a quick step and adding it to the washing process, but after it, is a huge time saver.

Then I used this Duragloss Aquawax (AW) #951 just as a quick precaution to know for certain I have good coverage of an lsp. This nice benefit of using the rinseless wash with the wax in it is that you can skip the spray wax step if you like. I wanted a booster though I'll admit it isn't necessary.

I just performed all of this on a black daily driver basically in two steps, or 3 if you want to get technical. Since I ran out of daylight, and it IS Sunday evening, I plan on using Duragloss Aquawax Waterless Wash N Wax #971 a couple of times this week, or I can simply use any quality wash soap that I have. I have all 3 of DG's wash products on hand so keeping it clean will be easy.

The plan is to keep it clean, and since it's clayed already, I'll rewash next weekend and then go straight to my polish step that I was hoping to get to today, but failed...which is no worry really since I'll start next weekend by washing and going to Duragloss Total Performance Polish (TPP) # 105 and then all I need to do is keep it washed via whatever method and Duragloss product I deem necessary. Wow! Talk about a run-on sentence above. LOL!!! I could also use Duragloss Polish & Cleaner (PC) #101 and Duragloss Clear Coat Polish (CCP) #111, but the DG 105 has a longer lasting sealant and cleans and polishes too, all in one step...which is the method I'll likely use. Another good alternative for paint that needs a deep cleaning would be Duragloss Marine RV Polish #501 cleans, polishes, and shines gelcoat fiberglass boat and RV finishes. Duragloss durable boat and RV polishes. topped with either DG 105 (which I'd recommend) or top it with DG 111 for a decent longevity lsp. OR...just use DG 101 or DG 501 and call it done.

Any product you choose from Duragloss gives you the ability to add or cut steps in the detailing process, which is a win, win, in my book. Use the wash, use it again to clay while drying each panel as you go, then go straight for a good cleaning polish...while any of them offer over-the-top lsp longevity. As many or as little steps as you'd like, with great to downright awesome lsp longevity...all with as little as two products to boot. Can't beat that in my book.

You can perform these same steps with Meguiar's products too if you want, which is always a great option. However, in my humble and honest opinion, you get much more increased shine (it'll be quite noticeable...at least it has been in my experience), with far better performance in the longevity department. I do keep both brands on hand though...for those times when I want to change it up. If I had to choose one, and thank God and Greyhound I have options, then I'd pick DG hands down.

As far as the numbers, I always base my memorization of the numbers on the smaller containers of each product simply because those are the sized most available over-the-counter to the public, so it makes it easy to learn and remember them. Sure, step up in size and it'll get confusing, but call Autogeek or Duragloss and order gallon jug of DG 901 car wash and they'll know exactly what you're wanting...even though the number is 902 for the gallon size. You'll get used to it easier if you try and remember the 8ounce or 16ounce sizes.

Compound and polish with whatever product you want, but leave the washing, wash and wax boosting, and quality lsp longevity up to Duragloss...they've got it down...and all else take your money and leave you wanting just a little more. Duragloss, to me at least, has my back because they provide huge value for little dollar...and their shine is a step above in my opinion. I'm not necessarily talking about a price per ounce value either. There products work well for cheap, and shine longer than most if not all other brands for the same cost per ounce. That's value, imo.

Keep in mind that my goal for my black daily driver above was to simply wash it, clay it, and spray wax it. I accomplished that all in about 2 to 2 1/2 hours...that's cleaning the tires and wheels too. It wasn't a super-duper cleaning, just a good washing. From 10 feet away you can't tell it isn't polished, but it's sure nice, black, and super shiny...and smooooooth too. LOL! I could quit there if I wanted, and so could you. Heck, that would be saving clear coat thickness, which is the real goal. Right? I think so.

Hope that was helpful and was what you were asking for.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    Just to be clear...

You could easily have used Wolfgang, Optimum, Meguiar's, Pinnacle, etc., to have performed the same quick and easy detail that I did this evening. They all provide great products; products like rinseless/waterless washes and spray waxes and some provide killer compounds and polishes as well. It's all there for options for the buyer. Just know that some get a lot of hype. With Duragloss the performance, IMO, exceeds the hype.

As far as wash products, they all have one common ingredient; water. Some use glossifiers and some do not. Some get on the forum and say they don't want glossifiers in their wash products. Doesn't make sense to me since we all like shiny paint. Then again, a product like Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash, rinseless car wash, no rinse has it's usefulness and is yet another outstanding product with a value factor that is quite high as well.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Trying to decipher their product codes gives me headaches! 951, 952, 501/502/111...ugh!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Thanks! Trying to decipher their product codes gives me headaches! 951, 952, 501/502/111...ugh!
    You'll get through it, and be glad you did!

Post Thanks / Like

Their products are that good?
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

From the Autogeek “Shop by Brand” page…

#901 Car Wash Concentrate
    #931 Rinse-less Wash with Aquawax
    #951 Aquawax
    #971 Waterless Wash & Wax
    #921 Fast Clean & Shine Detail Spray (good stuff)
    #101 Polish & Cleaner (basic AIO)
    #105 Total Performance Polish (Super Sealant AIO)
    #111 Clear Coat Polish (Pure Sealant)
    #601 PBA Polish Bonding Agent (mix with polishes for added durability & ease of use)
    #652 PC Pre-cleaner
    #501 Marine Polish & Cleaner (stronger cleaners with sealant and added protection against salt and chemical contamination.)

I would like to try their “Track Claw” sealant from their racing products line.
    It has Fluoropolymers that make it slick & shinny.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost forgot:

#1060 Squeaky Clean Surface Prep... (down to the surface)
    #1010 Enviroshield - NanoGlass Ceramic Coating... Coats everything. Easiest to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I needed!!! Product numbers, brief description, and real-world personal results! Thanks!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

They need a chart like the polish aggressiveness chart that explains all the products they have.

They even have a different number for a different size of the same product. The car wash soap is 901 for 16 oz. and 902 for a gallon. Ugh.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast