autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek's Pro Detail Team in Kentucky!

What a great event and what an awesome experience working with a group of like minded pros. Most people don't understand our passion. Thanks again mike and autogeek for the opportunity to participate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davisautodetail View Post
    Wow, you guys did a phenomenal job, even in the heat! That asphalt had to be pretty freakin' hot to sit on!

What a great team doing great work under the tutelage of a great teacher in Mike Phillips!

Glad to see Vargas putting the Detailer's Helper to good use! That's awesome too!
    After seeing the belt in action I think im for sure going to be switching from an apron to the belt.

Mike Phillips

Here's a shot at the end of this project with Dennis, the owner and the entire team...

Here's the happy owner...

Post Thanks / Like

You guys did a super job on those cars...great teamwork! It's also nice to put some faces to forum names.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    Was really cool to meet Dennis, really down to earth guy and his crew was really easy to work with also...

I agree, Dennis is a real kool kat!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessJ View Post

Thanks for the write-up Mike! It was awesome to be a member of a great team!

Typically I would've of expected a scenario where it's "Too many cooks in the kitchen" but we all worked very well together.
    The write-up memorializes the event for others to read for the future and I agree the team worked together seamlessly... just like the way we work together for our Thursday night projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevota Guy View Post

Wow! You guys did a fantastic job on that beauty. Great pics and looks like it was great fun and rewarding at the same time.
    All of the above -->

Quote Originally Posted by Chevota Guy View Post

Question: Was there a reason to go with the CCS pads rather than the LC Hybrid pads on the 3401s ? I'm still learning and inquiring minds want to know
    Primarily convenience as we took pre-made kits that included everything we used for this project so they would be available for any show attendees that after watching this project would want to get the products and duplicate our success to their swirled-out street rod or whatever...

One thing about doing TV and shows is you have to keep things really simple. CCS pads are simple and have been around a long time, not as long as flat pads but still a long time. Hybrids are a recent pad introduction and the last thing you want to do with a someone from the TV world that doesn't read an detailing discussion forum like we all do everyday is get into a deep discussion on all the different foam pads in the world.

KISS = Keep it Simple Simon

If a person at a car show like this after watching REALLY wants to get into it they their interest, curiosity and passion will lead them to Autogeek.net and then hopefully AutogeekOnline.net where all the "discussion" is going on.

Otherwise... it's best to keep things real simple. Keep in mind the average person at a car show like this only know about wheels, (that's a slang term for using a rotary buffer to wheel a car, or the old fashioned large, bulky orbital buffers you can buy for about $30.00 at any discount store.

We were showing the Porter Cable 7424XP, a great entry level dual action polisher and the Flex 3401 a German engineered and build pro-grade quality tool with only one purpose behind its design and that's to polish paint.

Most people going to these shows have probably only seen this if they watch My Classic Car because for the last 4 years we've been showcasing them on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy B View Post

Synergy is the term that comes to mind when thinking back on this project.

Most ,if not all of us work alone in our shops and now 8 different guys, 8 different personalities were all sharing the same 10x20 ft of real estate.

It didn't matter though this project was seamless.

I wander if anyone even knew that we had only met one another 15 hours before?

That's what stands out in my mind. I'd work side by side with any of you guys anytime.
    Great observation Billy and summary of the project.

Mike, thank you for the very kind write up. It was exciting to have you and Autogeek in my home town. Those memories will live forever.

You are a leader in this industry where passion runs deep, and we all look up to you. It's impressive how patient, and approachable you are.
    I'm just a blue collar working class dog... put my pants on one leg at a time... err well my shorts...

I always learn something from you, and this project was no different. My only regret is that you're not going to be here for the Street Rod Nationals this weekend. Thanks again to everyone involved!!
    If this segment on My Classic Car is popular with the TV world audience and gets some traction then who knows... maybe we'll be there next year.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAutoSpa View Post

What a great event and what an awesome experience working with a group of like minded pros. Most people don't understand our passion.

Thanks again mike and autogeek for the opportunity to participate!
    Thank you Paul for clearing your schedule and joining us...

Post Thanks / Like
    Billy B are the nationals only one day or does it go on on Sunday also? If it's on Sunday I may make the trip to check it out.
    It's going to be 3 days. Thurs. Fri. And Sat. It takes a very long 1 day or a good 2 days to see everything. There's a huge vendor area inside too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post

You guys did a super job on those cars...great teamwork!

The guys did do a SUPER job on both cars. It was very similar to our Thursday night projects here at Autogeek that you attend just 900 miles away and in the open air.

Have not had time to process the red 1967 Impala pictures or all the random pictures of people and cars taken at the show... just another pictures posting project on the picture posting to-do list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    The guys did do a SUPER job on both cars. It was very similar to our Thursday night projects here at Autogeek that you attend just 900 miles away and in the open air.

Have not had time to process the red 1967 Impala pictures or all the random pictures of people and cars taken at the show... just another pictures posting project on the picture posting to-do list.

SLACKER!

Its all good Mike we know your very busy...........not try trying to rush you or anything but hurry every chance you get.
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be 3 days. Thurs. Fri. And Sat. It takes a very long 1 day or a good 2 days to see everything. There's a huge vendor area inside too.

Awesome! I may come down on Sunday thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I may come down on Sunday thanks!
    Jordan. If you show up Sunday everyone will already be gone. Unless you just wanna see me. Lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast