autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Precision Buffing with the Rupes TA50 - It doesn't get any better than this!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRebel View Post

Do you think you could talk Max in giving a couple of them away for members to do a review on?
    Hmm.... not sure about that one....

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post

Nice write up, Mike. I was wondering if you have had the chance to work with the LD30.
    Not yet but will be do so in the near future.

For those that might not know what the Rupes LD30 is here's some pictures from the Rupes site.

Rupes LD30 1 inch Orbital Sander

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Precision Buffing with the Rupes TA50 - It doesn't get any better than this!

Does Rupes have a recommended PSI for the TA50?I did`nt get to use it when we did the boat.I know on some of my small air tools I have to regulate the pressure so as to not burn them up.
    Does Rupes have a special oil for it and if so does it come with the machine?Thanks, Mike.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by AutoImage View Post

I'm hoping in the next 12 months or so I can save up enough to fly out from Oz for one of your famous boot camps.

I'd love to have you attend one of my boot camp classes, I guarantee you'll learn a lot and also have a lot of fun plus work on cool cars as well as daily drivers.

Here's a thread that states when we hold our classes for 2014

Class Dates for 2014 – Same Time Each Year

It's the same time for every year and that is,

• Last weekend of January
    • First weekend of May (just finished this class)
    • Last weekend of September

I have two cars lined up for the September class, one needs an extreme makeover, I have the pictures and they will make your eyes hurt.

The other needs a good polishing to remove swirls but most of all it's about as cool of a streetrod as you can get and this is the only place where you'll get to "touch" a car like this one.

So love to have you at a future class....

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    Does Rupes have a recommended PSI for the TA50?I did`nt get to use it when we did the boat.I know on some of my small air tools I have to regulate the pressure so as to not burn them up.
    Does Rupes have a special oil for it and if so does it come with the machine?Thanks, Mike.
    The TA50 comes with a factory regulator that you attach to the tool before use. You can see it in this picture, the black component between the air fitting on the tool and the bras end of the air line.

I think it would be nice to have a secondary adjustable air regulator to adjust the speed of the tool as it's kind of a full-on or full-off set-up the way it comes.

That said, there could be an engineering reason on the part of Rupes to not decrease the air pressure to the tool. I'll find out.

I included the technical stats for the TA50 in my thread here,

Rupes TA50 Mini Sander - First look...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12