autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint coating. Which one???

Im reading all these posts on coatings and am so confused on witch one to use lol. i keep changing my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asalesagent912 View Post
    Im reading all these posts on coatings and am so confused on witch one to use lol. i keep changing my mind.
    This is just my personal opinion:

I would not get Opti-Coat since I can't get the professional version, if I want my car coated with a permanent coating I would opt for getting a certified installer to put the good stuff on over the consumer version.

I have the Detailer's coating and found it a bit of a pain to apply, it was a little grabby and I found I needed to use more product than I wanted to apply it. I expected it to go on like Opti-Seal and it wasn't like that at all. The gloss and slickness seemed good but I've since put Sonax Polymer Net Shield over top of it and am loving that stuff.

Pinnacle Black Label seems to have solved the problems with grabbyness and also says it lasts longer than the Detailer's coating. This seems like a great option to me.

Beyond that the only other thing I would consider is Cquartz UK. Like others said by the time it wears off you'll likely need to polish the car again and can either reapply it or switch to a different LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no "bad" choice... don't make it too hard of a decision for yourself.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerix View Post
    This is just my personal opinion:

I would not get Opti-Coat since I can't get the professional version, if I want my car coated with a permanent coating I would opt for getting a certified installer to put the good stuff on over the consumer version.

I have the Detailer's coating and found it a bit of a pain to apply, it was a little grabby and I found I needed to use more product than I wanted to apply it. I expected it to go on like Opti-Seal and it wasn't like that at all. The gloss and slickness seemed good but I've since put Sonax Polymer Net Shield over top of it and am loving that stuff.

Pinnacle Black Label seems to have solved the problems with grabbyness and also says it lasts longer than the Detailer's coating. This seems like a great option to me.

Beyond that the only other thing I would consider is Cquartz UK. Like others said by the time it wears off you'll likely need to polish the car again and can either reapply it or switch to a different LSP.
    I actually had my mind made up and was going with pinnacle black label but when reading
    all these threads i dont see many talking about it. most talk about opti coat, and cquartz.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! I tried and LOVED the Opti-coat last year. But if what I'm reading and seeing is true, the Cquartz and CQUK do have a bit more gloss, I like more gloss! I like how someone in this thread referenced it as an "un-realistic gloss". That's exactly what want!
    I'm a Professional, Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    There is no "bad" choice... don't make it too hard of a decision for yourself.
    its so funny, i Have never herd of paint coatings until reading on this forum.
    i guess i just have to dive in and pick one. experiment with a couple of different ones on my kids cars and find the one that works best for me. thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MshawnBauer View Post
    I agree! I tried and LOVED the Opti-coat last year. But if what I'm reading and seeing is true, the Cquartz and CQUK do have a bit more gloss, I like more gloss! I like how someone in this thread referenced it as an "un-realistic gloss". That's exactly what want!
    me too. i have a black is 250 and want to get the best possible shine and gloss .lol

Post Thanks / Like

me too. i have a black is 250 and want to get the best possible shine and gloss .lol
    The good new is (like zmcgovern45 said) there is no "bad" choice. These products are a blessing as they make owning a black car manageable and actually enjoyable! I have (3). My motorcycle, SUV and Car are all black. 10 years ago, I would have driven myself to a nut house trying to maintain all black vehicles. Now days, not so bad at all, even somewhat easy!
    !
    I'm a Professional, Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MshawnBauer View Post
    The good new is (like zmcgovern45 said) there is no "bad" choice. These products are a blessing as they make owning a black car manageable and actually enjoyable! I have (3). My motorcycle, SUV and Car are all black. 10 years ago, I would have driven myself to a nut house trying to maintain all black vehicles. Now days, not so bad at all, even somewhat easy!
    !
    yea i have 3 too. mine is lexus IS 250 and my kids both have black cars too.lol
    i think i will go with c quartz uk. Cant wait for this winter to end and use this product. my cars are getting a beaten with this snow and salt.

Post Thanks / Like

I have C1 and EXO on my own truck been on over 6 months and with the New England weather it beads and shines like the day I put it on.
    I can not compare to many other products but I have used 22ple it worked good but Gtechniq for me was much better.

Selected member of Air Force One detailing team 2007, 2008, 2011 & 2017 IDA CD/SV Founders Club
    www.jimsauto.net Ipswich Ma 978 356 7372

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast