autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Help!!!

2006 Winnebago Clear Coat Failure.

So I started this job removing the dead clear. I was positive as I scraped away.

Problem. The dead clearcoat is in spots of course. I sanded the old clear in hopes to blend the ends of where the dead clear ended. MAJOR PROBLEM...the paint started coming off! Is this normal. I was sanding with light pressure. I tested using an orange pad and showcar glaze on the paint without clear and it would come off at a low speed (3 on a Flex 3401 Dual action.) Am I doing something wrong? I think using some paint to try to even everything out was not a good idea as well. I believe I now will have to get the sander out and try to smooth everything out.

After sanding everything can I still use the glaze then spray the clearcoat over it and then cover with Opti-Coat? Of course with ample times for drying between stages.

Mike Phillips

Re: Help!!!

Is this your Winnebago or a customers?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help!!!

Friend/customer

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna say no to the glaze, before clearcoating. You would definitely have to feather the clear edges before painting. Primer should be applied for the best job.

Repaint was the only option, I just hope your friend understood that before hand.

I would fix the paint and let it cure for 30 days or more before adding any glazes or sealants.

You've got a lot of work ahead, good luck. Keep us updated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.