autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: CONFUSED - Induced Holograms With A DA?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Gloss Auto Salon View Post

BUT the point of my original post is that he did not create the holos with a cyclo so why would he be on the hook to fix them

That is if in fact what he's describing are "true" holograms induced by a rotary buffer like these,

Or just haze from the abrasives...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post

+1 to what Mike said on the SMAT polishes. Anytime I've had M205 leave micro marring (DA haze) in the paint I'm working on, Menzerna polishes have always finished down well.

Both abrasive technologies from both companies are best in class. Sometimes one type works better than the other and it primarily comes down to the paint. Tools, pads and technique will always be important and also key factors.

This is why it's important for a person to try to have a few of each in their arsenal so they can test and experiment until they dial in a process that works on the project in front of them.

On a side note, the new Meguiar's M100 really impressed me last night on the 65 Mustang. Definitely a compound to have in your arsenal if you use use rotary buffers and wool pads. Here's my buddy Robert using it to cut out sanding marks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

On a side note, the new Meguiar's M100 really impressed me last night on the 65 Mustang. Definitely a compound to have in your arsenal if you use use rotary buffers and wool pads. Here's my buddy Robert using it to cut out sanding marks...

How did it compare to M95?
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    How did it compare to M95?
    Better, faster cutting, excellent finishing...

Very low swirl, smooth buttery feel when buffing even with wool pad, easy wipe off, super clear, shiny results. Actually just shared my thoughts with JR and told him the same thing...

I'm going to start a thread for it but might not get to it till Monday due to a compressed work schedule today. Shouldn't be hi-jacking Anthony's thread. In the train of thought of "having a variety of products in your tool box" I mentioned it because it's fresh in my mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eh dont let it get to you dude. Those clowns are the kind of guys that when they have a question to ask, theyll make a new account so their ego and business dont get ridiculed. They also search behind the scenes looking for a solution using the search feauture. Kind of like that kid that tried to tell everyone on here that we are all dumb for using quick detailer as clay lube, and that water was best. Another forum member caught him on a new account asking some newbie question, yet this kid "had a business and made more than everyone on AGO". People that act like they know it all, 9/10 they dont know ****. I love people like this and I usually go after them like a hawk. For the most part AGO members are more than willing and friendly to help out

Post Thanks / Like

How do you learn if you dont ask questions? Acting like a know it all is easier than actually knowing it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProDetail View Post
    Asphalt Rocket must be the detailer who taught that guy who details the Bentley with a dirty rag and 409. It's scum like that that really turns my stomach. I'd hate to see his customers cars if he has any since he's not willing to learn. Wonder why he bothers with forums then.

Don't let him get you down bro, scum like him just try to get a rise of those who have the passion while he doesn't.
    I couldn't agree more with this. Asking is all part of learning everyone has to start somewhere and I know here at AGO this place is all about answering questions and helping out one another.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Don't even give Asphalt your time to worry about his opinion. Here is a great quote to live by...

"Everyone you will ever meet, knows something you don't" - Bill Nye

I guess this doesn't apply to Asphalt though.

Wish I could help bro, but alas Mike is the man for this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDetail View Post
    Asphalt Rocket must be the detailer who taught that guy who details the Bentley with a dirty rag and 409. It's scum like that that really turns my stomach. I'd hate to see his customers cars if he has any since he's not willing to learn. Wonder why he bothers with forums then.

Don't let him get you down bro, scum like him just try to get a rise of those who have the passion while he doesn't.
    LoL couldnt agree with you more. I looked over at L2D, the guy is garbage to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    LoL couldnt agree with you more. I looked over at L2D, the guy is garbage to say the least.
    I have meet the guy and yes he is direct and to the point, and at times harsh, but you would learn a lot from all the knowledge he has. I spent a few hours with him and learned a lot, so what I am saying before talking like you have it might be best to meet that person in person.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast