autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2008 Black Honda Civic Detail

Hey Experts!

I'd like to do a nice detail on my Girlfriends Honda. She's had it for about 3 years. It needs help. It sits out in the sun all day, and has some swirls. I don't need to get everything out, it probably needs a good compound/polish but I'm looking to do a quicker job.

I'm wondering if I can get away with a 1 step plus protection with a porter cable.

I'm thinking Menzerna Power Finish with Power Lock.
    Obviously I'll thoroughly clay before hand.

Do you guys think this will work?
    If not what suggestions do you have?

Regards,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Black Honda Civic Detail

We got this finish with hyper polish on a yellow(8207 I believe) Meguires pad. This car was really bad...my first test area I tried this combination and it took most of the swirls out and helped on the scratches the product finishes out very nicely as you can see. We ended up doing M105 on a 7207 pad first on this one followed by the hyper polish and 8207...I assume your paint isn't nearly this pad.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...st-detail.html

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    We got this finish with hyper polish on a yellow(8207 I believe) Meguires pad. This car was really bad...my first test area I tried this combination and it took most of the swirls out and helped on the scratches the product finishes out very nicely as you can see. We ended up doing M105 on a 7207 pad first on this one followed by the hyper polish and 8207...I assume your paint isn't nearly this pad.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...st-detail.html

Wow that looks great.

School me on the lingo though. You used Meguires M105 followed by Meguires Hyper Polish followed by 8207?

What's 8207?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the M105 it a compound to remove scratches Meguires. It's one of the more aggressive good cut. the 8207 and 7207 are the numbers of the pads. Maroon and yellow. The hyper polish on the yellow pad (which is still a light cutting pad) finished that nice. Bottom line do a test area with a light cutting pad with the hyper polish and see if it gets enough or all of the scratches out. Then you could use a sealant with a finishing pad and it should look great. Maybe use a spray wax as a final product to get a little more shine..

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So should I stay away from Menzerna? Also is there a polish that can Cut and finish in one step? So that I can simply apply a sealant or wax afterwards?

You're saying the hyper polish may do this for me correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna makes a good product. I'm not a detail expert. I'm kind of new to this. We did get great results on a black car with minimum steps so I wanted to share that with you. I'm not sure how much cutting ability the Menzerna has. The hyper polish actually had descent cutting properties and finished nice. I'm sure your girlfriends paint is much better than what we were working on. What equipment do you have?? Machine, pads, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard good things about XMT 360 also. This is a product that is designed to do exactly what you want...
    XMT 360 corrects, cleans, and seals auto paint! XMT 360 is more than a cleaner wax, its a swirl remover, polish, and paint sealant in one.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a thread on the XMT 360...some people also mentioned poli seal...another 1 step product. I've heard good things about poli seal also.
    XMT 360 AIO comments.

Post Thanks / Like

What products do you currently have on hand?

As Dave mentioned, an AIO type product might be right for you. But if plan on putting a paint sealant on afterwards such as Power Lock you might as well use a medium grade polish such as Menzerna Power Finish, Optimum Hyper Polish, CarPro Fixer, or the Poorboys SSR 2 or SSR 2.5.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...poli seal is made by optimum...the same company that makes the hyper polish. Between the XMT and the poli seal I would go with poli seal. I've heard so many good things about optimum...and the few products from them I have used have really impressed me. You can type in Opti seal in the thread search for discussions on this product also. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast