autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

XMT 360 AIO comments.

I bought some to try after reading about it. I recivied it today and wanted to try on a bad double scratch about 18" on my wife's Escape. I was thinking I would have to touch up the paint. So with nothing to loose I tried it on the scratch using a MF towel and hand rubbing, I can't believe the results. With hand rubbing a space about 2" long is the only were I can tell it was scratched. I can wait to get to use my DA on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMT 360 AIO comments.

Thanks for posting your results.
    Looking forward to your DA applied results and opinion thereof.
    Happy detailing...
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

This is good to hear. I just purchased some XMT 360 to try out this weekend. From what I have read, most are following it up with a good sealant or nuba, even though it claims to seal, in addition to clean and correct. Thank you for posting your results.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been impressed with XMT 360 AIO. I have been topping it with Optimum Car Wax.

Vehicle I did in May. It's daily driver which lives outside 24x7 and had never been waxed or polished.
    I used Griot's DA and XMT 360 with LC orange pads. Topped with Optimum Spray Car Wax.

The owner stopped by a local tire shop after she picked it up. She called me while at the tire shop because the staff were commenting on how good her vehicle looked. She was pleased.
    Last edited by wysiwyg; 06-14-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

So follow up on my wife's car. I had trouble using the DA with the LC CCS Green Polishing bad, and ended up finishing with Meguiar's Cleaner/wax.
    I tried it again on my mother-in-laws 2004 Ranger. I prime the pad, but it dosen't work as described. I noticed the CCS pad dosen't work like the flat pads. I got the green finishing cause it was suggest to work with the XMT.

Post Thanks / Like

What were your problems?

The only problem I've encountered with 360 was user error by applying too much. Oh, and the fact that it doesn't finish out to nothing (product still on paint).
    I think that it is a good, durable product at a decent price point.

Just harder to remover from pad. For this reason, I switched to PolySeal which finishes out to clear, much less buffing = less toweling marks. And is much easier to clean off pad.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdfkentucky View Post
    So follow up on my wife's car. I had trouble using the DA with the LC CCS Green Polishing bad, and ended up finishing with Meguiar's Cleaner/wax.
    I tried it again on my mother-in-laws 2004 Ranger. I prime the pad, but it dosen't work as described. I noticed the CCS pad dosen't work like the flat pads. I got the green finishing cause it was suggest to work with the XMT.
    What issues did you encounter?

I use LC 5.5" 7/8" thick flat pads with XMT 360. I have not had issues the combo.

The times I've used XMT360 it has finished out clear.

bmwgalore

+1 on Poli-Seal, far superior product.

Optimum GPS is great too.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the pad want's to stick to the paint and not turn, I also tried using more XMT, but it didn't help any. I think it might be the pad. I've only used the flat pads and the CSS pad, I can see the small dimples in the pad sometimes when applying the XMT. I'm going to try a flat pad to see how it does.

bmwgalore

Quote Originally Posted by rdfkentucky View Post
    It seems like the pad want's to stick to the paint and not turn, I also tried using more XMT, but it didn't help any. I think it might be the pad. I've only used the flat pads and the CSS pad, I can see the small dimples in the pad sometimes when applying the XMT. I'm going to try a flat pad to see how it does.
    The pad is saturated with product, clean it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast