autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klasse question

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse question

So I made my first attempt at applying Klasse sealant on my BMW today. I have a question about this product and its claim of "wipe on wipe off". I read on this site and on the bottle to apply sparingly (2oz/car) and began to apply by hand starting with a nickle size dose. The product went on easy enough and I spread it out until i couldn't see it being applied to the car. When i tried to buff the product out (with a DA & by hand) i found it was very difficult even using "quick detailer". It dried quickly and appeared streaky. As I moved about the car I applied even smaller amounts and found it was very difficult to see if i had applied it at all. I feel i am missing a trick somewhere and was wondering if anyone can give advice on this product. (Is it that tricky to use?) The end result worked out and the car looks fine, so this is an academic pursuit more than cry for help. Thank you in advance. (Background on the steps i took 1-wash 2-clay 3-1 step polish 4 -sealant)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse question

it is that tricky to use. I find it comes off easier in colder weather...

I've kinda just been using mine for my rims and barrels lately...

there are definitely easier sealants out there to work with like WGDGPS, Menz Powerlock, Blackfire WD, and DG 105...
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

It's much easier to apply using a small spray bottle and then instantly wiping it off with a plush microfiber towel.

Post Thanks / Like

First, when they say 2 ounces.... Yes perhaps for a full size van. I use about 0.5 ounces per compact sedan. Second, try using some additional product (the spray applications is a great method) to wipe off the first coat if you have let it dry to a haze. This is the only way I've found to "level" a coat that has flashed. It works very well and takes very little additional product. It's kind of like applying two coats but only taking them off once. The product has a tendency to dry into streaks wherever it has been applied to thickly.

I use this method:
    1) apply a light coat to car panel by panel
    2) go back to first panel, moisten applicator with klasse, spread a thin coat over the first coat to level it
    3) Quickly buff off with MF and it will only take a gentle hand
    Results are usually very good. If you don't like it after than, try an easier sealant (just about anything else I can think of!)

Post Thanks / Like

Always use a Very SMALL amount on a damp applicator, use with even hand pressure or your machine, just do a panel or half ( hood ) at a time is the best way. Always have a QD on hand if you have problems.
    AMG Classic Automotive Detailing 45 year's and still going at it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the advice. I will try to incorporate some of these techniques in the future. Those are the "tricks" I was hoping to get from this site. Again thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Klasse (grey bottle) years ago then said never again. Well I just did the wife's and my car with it. I was going to use Killr's spray bottle trick but couldn't remeber the details so I just used the directions on the bottle. I put it on thin, thin, thin. The difference is I left it on (no wipe off) for 12 hrs. It almost disappears. What's left wipes off fairly easy. Areas that didn't come off got a spray of DP Spray Surface Shield (must have been discontinued, but I'll bet the WG Spritz Sealant would do the same). Glad that I used it again. It's Wow on white.

Post Thanks / Like

is the klasse all in one a cream or liquid?

Post Thanks / Like

KAIO is a liquid, kinda the consistency of heavy cream but with a yellowish tinge to it
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

thanks embolism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast