autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: first paint correction

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    I highly doubt you're gonna wanna take 105 to that paint as it looks it's already taken a beaten. But, 105 is certainly not bad to have around. There will probably be areas that may need it. Get them both, and grab some LC orange and white pads. Good to go.

As for some of those scratches...I wouldn't attempt anything till you polish. Then you'll have a better idea on the condition of the paint.
    Yeah I have nothing else to use 105 on except my daily. Is there anything a bit lighter? I know I'm safe to use it on the hood at least, it looks like they skipped that during their rampage.

BTW, how can people do this to a car they're prepping for sale and think it looks nice?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    Yeah I have nothing else to use 105 on except my daily. Is there anything a bit lighter? I know I'm safe to use it on the hood at least, it looks like they skipped that during their rampage.

BTW, how can people do this to a car they're prepping for sale and think it looks nice?
    I see cars come in my shop looking like that ALL the time. The sad fact is...most detailers are hacks. They typically lack knowledge, have no real interest in learning, and just "detail" to get a pay check. Also, most detailers work for someone else...so they could really care less if it's done correctly.

As for something lighter than 105...I really wouldn't know when it comes to AG products. I have quite a few products that are lighter...but you can't buy them here. I carry mostly Malco products in my shop.

I really think you'll be surprised what 205 will do. I don't think you'll need much more.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try some Menz SIP on that... As it was said before, 105 might be a bit too much... And Menz finishes so nice!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm gonna just get 205...test it out and if it doesn't cut it I can run to the local OTC for some ultimate compound.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm gonna just get 205...test it out and if it doesn't cut it I can run to the local OTC for some ultimate compound.
    UC is about the same as 105 so I wouldn't bother picking up UC. Here's a link to Mike P's article on Megs polishes: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...prise-you.html.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't catch a break, scratchX 2.0 then?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't catch a break, scratchX 2.0 then?
    Mike P comments that ScratchX doesn't work too well with a DA. Check this link: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-products.html

Maybe SwirlX - it's a little more aggressive than 205. Personally, if 205 didn't work I'd just go 105 followed by 205. That should remove just about anything. If you're concerned that's too aggressive, then Wolfgang TSR followed by 205.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've read both those links, it just get confusing.

My main concern is starting the car and 205 NOT being enough, I don't want to be left with a freshly clayed car and not having what I need (thats why I said UC)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've read both those links, it just get confusing.

My main concern is starting the car and 205 NOT being enough, I don't want to be left with a freshly clayed car and not having what I need (thats why I said UC)
    Umm, that's why you do a test spot. I understand you want to have everything on-hand before you start, but that may not be realistic in this instance unless you wanna spend a ton of money up front and not use most of the products. UC is not that much diff from the 105 you already have, so purchasing that would be kinda silly.

Why not just get the 205 (or Ulitmate Polish) and SwirlX? That way you don't have much money invested and have a range to try. One combo of product and pads is gonna work. You will have to do test spots to find out which one. The same is true if you bought every single product under the sun up front, so no advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't bought anything yet.

Today I found a parts shop that stocks most of the stuff i need anyway!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast