autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to clean McGuires carwash concetrate out of carpet (damaged in shipping/packing)...

Got our very large order in from Autogeek (two boxes) and parked it near our back door entrance until I could figure out where to put everything. I did not realize it initially, but apparently the Meguiars carwash concentrate got squashed in packing or shipping and leaked all over our carpet.

I am thinking it must have been packing since the box was not damaged. Apparently there was too much stuff packed into the box and it crimped the side of the container to where it creased the side and caused a leak on each side. I guess whoever does the packing just crams stuff in the boxes and does not pay much attention to anything else getting squashed.

Lost quite a bit of carwash concentrate too...

Being that it is concentrate, I cannot begin to see how this is going to ever come up out of the carpet... and the wife is NOT happy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sonnie; 03-23-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to clean McGuires carwash concetrate out of carpet (damaged in shipping/packing)...

Meguiars**

Anyways. Do you have a shop vac or carpet cleaner? It will most likely take awhile but you can try those.

With a shop vac keep pouring water onto it. It will break it down enough that you can suck it up.

Just be glad it wasn't APC! That happened to me at my old apartment and I left a nice big green stain on the tan carpet

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to clean McGuires carwash concetrate out of carpet (damaged in shipping/packing)...

Yeah... we thought about the shop vac. It certainly won't hurt to try it.

Sorry about that spelling... wasn't even thinking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

You need a carpet defoamer, carpet guys will have some on the truck.or try some vinegar or salt water.

Post Thanks / Like

ha i was getting megs apc+ for christmas and I guess it was wrapped upside down and well it some how leaked and got on my parents hard wood floor, lets just say the wood turned black and is probably ruined. lucky for my parents it's in an inconspicuous spot.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also bleach the wood, and then re stain the area.

Have rentals,

You are changing the ph of the shampoo..

AG may have insurance sounds like it is theirs or UPS's fault, may have a court case...of the bad case...

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anyway you can move a large piece of furniture over that spot?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Is there anyway you can move a large piece of furniture over that spot?
    That is my favorite way to hide what I dont want others to see
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

No hiding this... it is right as you walk in the door. We have done the water and shop vac for quite a while now, but do not seem to be getting past the suds and more suds. It isn't as dark right now, but not sure if it will dry out to match the normal color of the carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnie View Post
    No hiding this... it is right as you walk in the door. We have done the water and shop vac for quite a while now, but do not seem to be getting past the suds and more suds. It isn't as dark right now, but not sure if it will dry out to match the normal color of the carpet.
    It will take a LOT of water to break it completely down. For every 1 oz of shampoo in the carpet you should need at least one gallon of water. Make sure to use plenty of de-foamer if you can find it. I would try renting a carpet cleaner, or calling somebody. Spot repair isn't too expensive. . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast