autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: fw1 racing formula cleaning wax

FW1 cleaner wax is actually a pretty decent product. Just way overpriced. I use it all the time to remove the residues from sticker removal. It also is pretty useful for doorjams that you just don't want to multi-step clean and seal. The aerosol is great for just spraying on and wiping off while removing a good amount of grime, and leaving a decent shine.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    So you're calling it crap just because it's not mentioned here or sold in an auto parts store? FYI there are a TON of detailing supplies not mentioned or sold by Auto Geek that are top of the line products.

I have never used this wax you speak of but I surely wouldn't call it crap based on where it is or isn't sold.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Teeeest IT...Teeeest IT....Teeeest IT.... Test it yo! Let us know!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly bye View Post
    Kirby vacuum cleaners are sold door to door, and have been for about 100 years. Kirbys are sold all over the world. A Kirby is sold on average, every 5 minutes, somewhere in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    The product mentioned has a website that you can use to contact them. Again I don't see how these claims of it being crap can be used just because how it was sold to his GF. Plus apparently he has never tried it... It may just become the next flavor of the month.
    I said, overpriced crap. I'm not saying the product won't work, but I can guarantee there are better and cheaper alternatives. Door to door product selling is expensive and not required if your product stands out on its own. Which Fly bye's post perfectly illustrates, I could not have thought up of a better example. Take a mediocre product, inflate the price enough to support a door to door sales schema, and voila.

Some Kirby Fun:

Last edited by yakky; 12-20-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    I said, overpriced crap. I'm not saying the product won't work,
    So if it works then how do you figure its overpriced crap? Wait a second, have you even tried the product?

Mike Phillips

I bought a can of aerosol spray can wax at a corner gas station where a guy had a EZ Up Canopy and a car hood to demonstrate on...

I challenged him to test it out on my 1973 Blazer Hood which never looked as good as the paint on the rest of the panels... guess what... it actually worked pretty good. Later I sanded it down and buffed it out and finally got a pretty good gloss out of the hood paint.

I was surprised that it worked well because I had a preconceived notion that it wouldn't work well because of how it was being sold, I was wrong.

The bad news is I gave it to someone else to test and somehow it fell off a shelf and landed upside down in such a way that it emptied itself out all over the garage floor.

Don't remember the name and the guy was gone when I went to get a second can.

I've been typing the below to others since I've been on discussion forums and try to practice it myself too...

"Always be open to new ideas, products and procedures"

I'm always learning, always trying to improve and try to have an open mind.

Here's a fun shot of my 1973 Blazer, this was the 2-wheel drive version of which they only made around 3,200 units. This is in Apple Valley, California a couple of years ago when it was snowing right before Christmas...

Post Thanks / Like

Door to door product selling is expensive

That is not true.

Take a mediocre product

Kirby is not a mediocre product.

It was definately a misfortune about the crimes depicted in the video

That said, there are bad apples no matter where you go. When it comes to sales, sometimes you have to tell anecdotes. Sometimes you have to stretch the truth a bit...(Ok...you have to lie )

The fact is, sales people are very special, and gifted people. Not everyone is cut out to be a sales person. You knock on doors all day long, get told NO 80-90 times, and then finally...you get a yes! You have to have three inch thick skin to be successful in the sales world. Some of the richest people in the world are sales people.

Sure, people lie, it's their job You don't think car dealers lie

Post Thanks / Like

I have two cans in my garage that I have no idea where they came from.

Now you've convinced me to give them a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly bye View Post

That is not true.

Kirby is not a mediocre product.

Please provide some facts to back up how door to door selling is inexpensive for the mfg and/or with respect to the price. With most discount retail markup, that's not profit, of 30-50%, I find it very hard to believe the actual cost of any door to door product is even close to the 50% range. My guess is 5-10x cost to even come close to making a profit with takeup rates these days. How many doors can you knock on per hour, 20, 30?

Secondly, your assertion that Kirby is not a mediocre product is without factual basis. Consumer reports tested one and it worked on par with most mid priced vacuums. If you have a few minutes, you can watch some fun youtubes where people show how they compare.

Direct marketing had its place and time when many consumers didn't have access to retail establishments or these days, internet ordering. These days with closing rates next to nothing, its barely viable unless you have crazy markups and pray on the ignorant.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing you have to remember is this, as a company you have to start some where and get your product in the customers hand. I can almost guarantee you Barry Meguire did not start out selling his stuff at A.G.,Walmart,Advance,...and everywhere else that automotive items are sold. Sometimes good products are sold by a salesman at a station or a vendor at a car show.You can't always judge a product by where it is sold or the price. I have been approached by the FW1 people while pumping gas and just said no thanks but did check out their site. I myself do not like nor do I believe in a it does everything product but Joe Blow might think it is the greatest thing out there. There are a heck of a lot of people at car shows that we attend and vend at and over 75% have a bottle of Megs QD in their hand wiping there cars down in the direct sun, smearing the heck out of their paint. I ask those using the QD why do you use that brand? The answer almost always is it is cheap from Walmart. The average consumer wants the big name product in his hand even though they might not be satisfied with the results but because everyone else has it they do to.I myself do not like Megs QD and never have, but I guarantee people are buying FW1 wax and swear by it...
    Cianfrocca's Auto Detailing LLC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast